Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Dymatize Xpand and cold sores????

I'm having a difficult time trying to find the right CEE product for me. I'm not a newb and have taken creatine monohydrate for years and have had great results but am wanting to try something new in terms of creatine. I've read so much about CEE and figured I'd give it a try. While checking out Dymatize Xpand on bb.com I realized that at the bottom of their warning it says Use this product with caution if you have a history of cold sores. I'm wondering why? What could possibly be in this that would cause cold sores that they need to warn people about it? Obviously there have been enough reported incedents that they feel they have to put that on there. I haven't seen this warning on any other CEE product. This is the exact warning:
    Warnings: Not intended for use by persons under 18. Don not use if you are pregnant or nursing. Consults a medical doctor before use if you have been treated for or diagnosed with, or have a family history of, or any medical condition including, but not limited to: cardiovascular complications, central nervous system, genito-urinary problems, or if you are using any prescription or over-the-counter medication(s). Use this product with caution if you have a history of cold sores. Consult a medical doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. Use only as directed. Keep out of reach of children.
    Is this because of thier NO properties in it? I know all supplements have a disclaimer so it lessens the chance of getting sued by the consumer. But it makes me wonder why they choose certain things to caution about.

Please post your thoughts on this matter and let me know if you've experienced any of the above. Should I just stick to a plain CEE with no extras in it? All the regular CEE supps I see have no warning whatsoever.
    Check this out...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/xpandpill.html
    New to posting, yes New to bodybuilding NO!
    I've been a bodybuilder for quite some years and constantly read everything about the sport I can get my hands on. Especially this site, I've been reading here for a long time. Just never posted.

JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your not alone. I have had the same problem from using various forms of NO boosting products. Sometimes I get outbreaks frequently and have to stop taking anything with Arginine in it. Other times I have gone more than a month using NO products without a cold sore. Some say to take Lysine while using NO products and this will help prevent outbreaks, however it didnt help for me. If it warns you on the label, I think thats definately a sign that coldsores have occured on some of their test subjects and maybe its not right product for you. I'd go with a Creatine product that has a little NO properties on the side, not as its main dish if you know what I mean. Products like Green Buldge and Omega Thunder would be good choices. I'm currently on GB and am not experiencing any herpes

BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEEFIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What causes these cold sores from the NO supps?
    New to posting, yes New to bodybuilding NO!
    I've been a bodybuilder for quite some years and constantly read everything about the sport I can get my hands on. Especially this site, I've been reading here for a long time. Just never posted.

JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BEEFIE
    What causes these cold sores from the NO supps?
    Arginine. Here, read this..

Dietary changes that may be helpful
    The herpes simplex virus has a high requirement for the amino acid, arginine. On the other hand, the amino acid, lysine, inhibits viral replication.1 Therefore, a diet that is low in arginine and high in lysine may help prevent or treat herpes outbreaks. Several studies have shown that increasing lysine intake can reduce the recurrence rate of cold sores.2 Although people with herpes simplex reportedly consume about the same amount of arginine and lysine in their diet as do people without cold sores,3 it is conceivable that adjusting the intake of these amino acids may be beneficial. For that reason, many doctors advise people with cold sores to avoid foods with high arginine-to-lysine ratios, such as nuts, peanuts, and chocolate. Nonfat yogurt and other nonfat dairy can be a healthful way to increase lysine intake.

Again, I didnt find Lysine very helpful to supplement with in my case.