intermittent fasting .ridiculous's Avatar
    .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Banana pre workout?

ive read that fruit fuels liver glycogen first, so would it be ideal to have a banana pre workout or a starchy carb? im cutting.

thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Starchy carb according to the pre,post and during workout nutrition thread.

however your gonna need some protien in there too.
    3rd year Biology Student
    Currently in therapy for lower back injury.

BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueGoldAce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starchy carb like sweet potato would be better if you cutting.

I smart person by the name of Dr. Joe summed in up pretty nice for me once.

"Fructose can't be used directly by muscle as energy like glucose. As glucose enters your blood stream, it's fair game and gets used where needed, thus high-glycemic status. Fructose can't be used so it cycles through your body and four minutes later it's in your liver where some misinformed people think it's just automatically converted to fat. In a calorie and carb deficit, it's converted to glucose to refill the liver itself and be released into the blood as glucose to NOW be used. Took time to get to the liver; took time to be converted - thus low-glycemic. Not your best choice if you want mass recovery, but a good carb source. AND, not all fruit is all fructose - there's tons of glucose in it."

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kstufff View Post
    ive read that fruit fuels liver glycogen first, so would it be ideal to have a banana pre workout or a starchy carb? im cutting.
    id go with a starchy carb.. Oats fill me up and leave my stomach light for a workout.. just my 2 cents to you

Sweet Potato or brown rice would work, and if you can use the extra carbs from fruit go for it

i alwayse dice up a banana with 1.5 cups of dry oats in the morning before working out with a whey shake.. sits easy and works great

RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RR1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    id go with a starchy carb.. Oats fill me up and leave my stomach light for a workout.. just my 2 cents to you

Sweet Potato or brown rice would work, and if you can use the extra carbs from fruit go for it

i alwayse dice up a banana with 1.5 cups of dry oats in the morning before working out with a whey shake.. sits easy and works great

Dude I think you should come back and give advice when you gain 20 lbs. I see you in every thread. All you offer is info that has already been posted a million times. I think you should start eating more than salads and whey

RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RR1 View Post
    Dude I think you should come back and give advice when you gain 20 lbs. I see you in every thread. All you offer is info that has already been posted a million times. I think you should start eating more than salads and whey
    Be above that type of "you aren't big enough to give advice" be. He gives plenty of good answers and knows his stuff, so don't try to start something.

Anyway, mediator role aside, here's a thing that's been around the board before. Might as well repost it.

PICKIN' FRUIT
    Use the charts below to help you pick the best fruit for the job. If
    you're worried about fructose spilling over to fat, try a citrate
    supplement along with your fruit choice, such as creatine citrate or
    calcium citrate. It helps direct fructose toward glycogen production and
    away from fat.

PREWORKOUT
    These fruits provide higher fructose than glucose for sustained fuel
    that won't block fat burning. Eat one or two servings.

FRUIT TOTAL SUGARS* FRUCTOSE* GLUCOSE*

Pear (1 medium) 16 11 5
    Watermelon (1 wedge) 18 12 6
    Apple (1 medium) 14 9 5
    Cantaloupe (1/2 melon) 22 12 10
    Grapes (1 cup) 24 13 11
    Strawberries (2 cups) 14 8 6
    Raspberries (2 cups) 10 6 4

MORNING
    These fruits provide equal or nearly equal fructose and glucose to
    restock liver and muscle glycogen to help halt muscle breakdown. Eat two
    or three servings.

Pineapple (1 cup diced) 13 7 6
    Honeydew melon (1 wedge) 13 7 6
    Orange (1 medium) 12 6 6
    Banana (1 medium) 18 9 9
    Blueberries (1 cup) 14 7 7
    Nectarine (1 medium) 10 5 5
    Kiwi fruit (2 medium) 12 6 6

POSTWORKOUT
    These fruits provide more glucose than fructose for restocking muscle
    glycogen and enhancing muscle growth. (The last five fruits from the
    morning fruit category are also decent choices postworkout, for their
    ability to fill glycogen stores.) Eat one or two servings along with
    white bread, baked potatoes or a carb drink.

Cherries (1 cup) 14 6 8
    Peach (1 medium) 8 3 5

My personal favorite fruit PWO is dried apricots. They have them at my school all day long and they are LOADED with glucose. 43:16 glucose to fructose ratio.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20Te.html

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fruits are GREAT preworkout you morons.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why would you think fruit is an inferior carb source pre workout?

Most fruits have a close distribution of fructose and glucose. Since liver glycogen is used during intense exercising (and we are talking about intense exercising, right?) it would be beneficial to replentish it, right? And fruit achieves that goal.

Edit - just realized that this is an old thread that was bumped.
    Last edited by snorkelman; 02-01-2010 at 02:22 PM.

dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dago85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think carbs pre-wo in cutting is a bad choise, because your body's going to utilize carbs for making energy and this is not your goal..

Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italia83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dago85 View Post
    i think carbs pre-wo in cutting is a bad choise, because your body's going to utilize carbs for making energy and this is not your goal..

i do 8 oz pinapple juice and a bananna with 1 scoop of whey thats almost perfect for pre work out

ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZzBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how come no 1 could just simply answer the fuking question
    i like to leave my signature blank

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat a banana pre workout especially if I go before breakfast. Works great for me.
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log