shayanzas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I doing something wrong? Eating too less? Weighing too much?

So for starters, Male. 330, started at 350 and I'm 6'1

I started eating healthier 12/19/17, and I started working out 2 -3 times per day, a little weight training, and I would run for about 20 minutes. Was a bit on and off, but did lose a bit of weight. Fast forward to New Years, and I started going a lot harder on myself overall. I cut down how much I eat by a lot in terms of calories, I try to eat more protein, although I do notice I do take in a lot of sodium and I do drink ALOT of water because I know I should be drinking water in general.

But on average, I eat around 1300 to 1600 calories per day, I did starve myself really badly at some point, and I'm just used to it now, where I'm not that hungry anymore. My BMR is around 2897 according to the calculator, so I know I'm eating significantly less, my logic being the less calories I eat, the more weight I'll lose.

I also workout at least 4 days a week, sometimes 5. 30 minutes of running at 3.0/3.5 incline at 3.5 speed and eventually getting to 4.5 speed, although I'm trying to go faster and faster every day. I will also spend my rest of the time working out and doing a specific muscle group, arms, legs, etc, usually another 15 to 25 minutes.

I feel given my progress I should be losing weight a lot faster given that i weigh alot. I'm not eating much and I am working out until I am drenched in sweat at the gym. I'm also fluctuating in weight, Yesterday, l weighed 328, but I weighed myself today and I'm at 333, and it's kind of discouraging. My clothes are starting to feel loose, so I know there's some progress there. But is there something better I can do to possibly speed things up or just not be discouraged by the weight fluctuation.

I've heard to focus more on measuring tape for actual results rather than the weight machine.

But any general tips, am I doing something wrong in general? Should I be running more? I was told running more than 30 minutes would not be good for me since I would be burning muscle instead of fat. Am I eating too less? Any help would be appreciated.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you dont lose anything in FOUR weeks, then eat less and move more. Stop weighing yourself every day, that is the WORST thing you can do.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Our weight fluctuates daily due to variations in hydration levels, how much food is in our digestive tracts, etc. In other words your weight today is not 100% dependent on what you ate yesterday. Weighing daily is okay as long as you understand that. If it's going to worry you, weigh weekly or monthly instead.

I'm not sure from your timeline what your starting weight was and on what date you initially weighed yourself. Could you state that?

You will not stop losing fat due to undereating UNLESS undereating is followed up by breaking the diet and overeating/eating your way out of a deficit.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    If you dont lose anything in FOUR weeks, then eat less and move more. Stop weighing yourself every day, that is the WORST thing you can do.
    Yeah, I think for my own sanity, I'm probably just going to do it weekly instead of daily. It's slowly driving me insane lol.

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    I'm not sure from your timeline what your starting weight was and on what date you initially weighed yourself. Could you state that?

My bad, So when I started taking it seriously, It was on New Years day, I believe I was at 345.

I usually stay consistent around eating 1300 - 1600 calories, but I did reach my BMR like once, which would be fine I'm guessing given that's how much I'm supposed to technically hit, no?
    Last edited by shayanzas; 01-15-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skp4909 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by shayanzas View Post
    My bad, So when I started taking it seriously, It was on New Years day, I believe I was at 245.

I usually stay consistent around eating 1300 - 1600 calories, but I did reach my BMR like once, which would be fine I'm guessing given that's how much I'm supposed to technically hit, no?
    I want to say those calories are too low for your weight. I’m a tad smaller and eating 1900-2300 a day with good macros

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shayanzas View Post
    My bad, So when I started taking it seriously, It was on New Years day, I believe I was at 245.
    I'm confused, are you at 330 or 245?

Either way, I would say not to drop under 1800 calories a day, there is no reason to go below that for you...
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I'm confused, are you at 330 or 245?

Either way, I would say not to drop under 1800 calories a day, there is no reason to go below that for you...
    I meant 345, was a tad bit tired, went from 345 to 330. And any particular reason to not to drop below a certain number?