BuckyBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckyBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Right knee pain when bending

I have been experiencing pain when I bend my knee.

It feels kind of like something being stretched really tight over the knee cap.

I am wondering if squating to heavy would have caused this. I don't think I did because I try really hard to keep form and that generally means not going really heavy on anything.

Do you guys think I should lay off the lower body for a few days to see if this gets better?

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you cardio on a treadmill or road. I have found my knees hurt from running on hard surfices.
    educated by blood sweat and my dad beating my a$$ until I got it.

BuckyBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckyBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by little lats
    Do you cardio on a treadmill or road. I have found my knees hurt from running on hard surfices.
    Recumbant bike and treadmill. Mostly the bike though.

My left knee doesn't bother me at all. And my right one is only when I bend it up to the the point where my calf is close to the hamstring, kind of like when get down on your shins and lean back on your feet. That kills me in my right knee.

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mine is only in my right and it hurts to get up and to go up stairs. I really notice it when I run on the treadmill. I think it was kendo that started a thread about this a month or so ago. You might want to back up a few pages. I stopped doing squats and do light high rep extensions. I don't like that Idea but the wife doesn't grab my quads, she grabs my tri's..
    educated by blood sweat and my dad beating my a$$ until I got it.

rjmacbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My right knee is also a problem. I have stopped warming up on the treadmill and started using the life cycle for warm ups daily and doing a spinning class once a week, that has helped. I would suggest that you back off the squats for about a month, stick with cardio once a week and do not use treadmill. After that go back to sqats but very lightly and see what happens. Good Luck
    When you look into the mirror who is looking back?

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    buck i got it on the top of my knee last week after doing squats then i went and did leg extensions, thats when i felt it. I asked a guy who i see doing leg routines who obviously knows what hes doing what was up, he said "STOP THE LEG EXTENSIONS" there no good, so i didnt do them tonight and no pain in the knee, he said the leg extension, the foot is not stabalized and thats what causes problems so consider that, i am going to use the slide squat machine and hack squats more now rather then leg extension not sure if that helps....

Ah and warm up on the bike he says, also stretch well before starting and do some light high reps sets, did all that tonight and had my best heaviest leg routine yet to date:O)
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)