jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thumbs up Powerlifting "sets And Reps" Thread

When you are training (assuming you are training each bodypart only once a week) what is your set and rep range for each execise? Example would be FLAT BENCH 5,5,3,3,3.
    Philippians 4:13

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People have so many ways of doing there routines, but i have noticed allot of west side followers here and the 5 x 5 rule. I am trying to put together a good routine myself. Good post, I will keep in touch. best of luck!

jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jnatale3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Thanks for the info man. Good luck to you too. Looking foreward to some reputaion power.
    Philippians 4:13

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Squats - I like to do 4 heavy singles folowed by some box squats at 75-85 % of my max squat for sets of 3 reps

Bench - I like to do 4 heavy singles folowed by some speed sets of 3-6 reps with a closer grip

Deadlifts - I like to keep it to singles , heavy or lighter 70-100 % of max , about 4 sets per workout !
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A-rod, how ofton do you train deadlift in that way? Do you mean 4 singles each workout?
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Arod, i sent you a copy of my routine, tell me what ya think. I am trying to increase upper body strength.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Right now, since I've recently switched to all powerlifting, I'm doing a 5x5 with the weight the same at all 5 sets. I do 2 warm up sets of 10 and 8 at lighter weights, then the 5x5. As the weeks progress I'll add weight to those 5 sets. I have a couple of other schemes that I may use later on. But this is just getting my feet wet.

So like bodebldr2000 said, there are lots of ways do do a powerlifting routine. The goal is to get as strong as you can.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by psychojoe
    A-rod, how ofton do you train deadlift in that way? Do you mean 4 singles each workout?
    Ideally i would train it once per week but i have trained once every 20 days now since i `m priorizing the cleans , yes i mean 4 singles per workout !
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Unhappy

Originally Posted by bodebldr2000
    Arod, i sent you a copy of my routine, tell me what ya think. I am trying to increase upper body strength.
    Sorry , could you send that again ..... i was cleaning my PM and accidentaly deleted yours !
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

I just re-sent it. Thanks for your help on this! it means allot!

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Some here have heard the below before, but some have not. If you would like any more on the Direct Compensation Training, please say.

I now workout each bodypart once every week, on a day and night 8 way split, some times I work each muscle group once every 5 days, I use about 40 sets per week, and just started working legs on the D.C.T. twice per week, session one leg extension next session leg press.

If you try this training you will need a few break in sessions, 1, to get the weights right, and 2, because it’s so damn hard. The last 6 months on John Casler’s Direct Compensation Training it’s been mind blowing, it’s the hardest training I have ever done, it’s the most result producing in strength and size, and it makes you feel so good mentally and physically, I have beaten all my personal 10RM and 1RM.

You do not really have to take the first set to failure, but I took all other sets to full failure.

1/2 rep speed,

Hypertrophy,
    Set 1, 30 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, drop down weight to your first or second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

Strength,
    Set 1, 20 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, which is 5 reps, drop down weight to your second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

D.C.T. dose not only have to be the above reps.

Here are some of the writings of John Casler, the inventor of D.C.T. that you should find interesting.

For Muscular Hypertrophy, you need to focus on two primary areas:

1) Stressing the muscle fiber structure itself to stimulate the maximum fiber
    recruitment and size
    2) Stress the Metabolic Support System (mitochondria, circulatory structures,
    etc)

To address these areas you need attempt to do the following:

1) create significant moment of MMMT. That is Momentary Maximum Muscle
    Tension. This will stimulate the fibers to develop maximal thickness and
    structure

2) Perform reps and sets to stimulate the Metabolic Support System.

Set One = This set acts as a warm up, and maximally stresses the musculature and all the support systems as a warm up. Which is needed to achieve maximum metabolic, structural, and CNS efficiency. Pump after the first set is pretty incredible.

Set Two = This is a maximal effort set, and the last two reps are "dead stops". While this is generally a difficult set, failure is not always the goal. If I am in a "progress" phase, I only look for a rep or couple pound increase every session.

Set Three = this set is to failure but the overload rep or weight goal is more important. Each rep is attacked with the intension of moving the weight as fast as possible. Intensity is at the level that I have to sit at the end for a few seconds and regain orientation. It is a violent, intense effort and the first two sets are staging to prepare for it. There would be NO WAY to get here in a single set.

Set Four = do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

The Mental, Metabolic, and Motor limits are explored with this type of training and "each" can create its own limiting factor. (Each se means in say 5 x 5 for instance there is only one metabolic repetition is explored, that is 5, on the D.C.T. all are explored) To reach Maximum Potential, one must be prepared to recognize the stimulus needed for the goal (load/volume/time wise) and develop each of those limiting factors to allow maximum or high percentage results.

Wayne

NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Triple, triples, triples. Except for my first warmup set everything is triples. I also do a burnout close-grip set once a week. You can lift heavy enough with triples to make progress, but it's light enough to keep your form intact for all the reps. Never go to failure.
    6' 260lbs
    Squat: 270 Kg(595 lbs)
    Bench: 165 Kg(364 lbs)
    Dead: 245 Kg(540 lbs)
    Total: 680 Kg(1499 lbs)

'06 Goals:
    300, 200, 300 for an 800kg total
    Get back to 242lb class