Charles1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cycling Bodybuilding and Powerlifting programs?

Well I want strength, I just don't want to be bloated and not be able to back it up.. But I want to be muscular as well so I look it and am it..

I haven't found anything about cycling a Bodybuilding program with a Powerlifting program.

Like for 6 weeks doing the bodybuilding for size, and then the next month working on strength, and repeating this with each cycle change? How would that work?

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    WHy not powerlift but just watch your diet a little closer. Powerlifters pack on tons more mass then bodybuilders. You honestly think bodybuilders gain most of their size from doing so called isolation movements and cutting half the yr? Nope they gain their size from bulking and training heavy like powerlifters.

lifter

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just lift for strength, eat enough, and the mass will happen. As a fine example, consider Scot Mendelson; admittedly he has some great genetics (like a massive skeleton), but even a smaller version of Mendelson would be impressive. This was taken at a BP competition where he weighed in at about 305, and I believe the guy shaking his hand (the PL forum's own Antaeus) is about 180. As Antaeus said, look at the size of his hands.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...&postid=713455

Mendelson's web site (notice that he's not tanned and overhead lit as a BB would be, because he doesn't care):

http://www.scotmendelson.com/
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Charles1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the responses. Well for the last few years I have been doing a power lifting routine somewhat(Although I'm not sure on the form and other factors).

I got all the way up to a 410ibs benchpress (Like 3 sets of whatever I can get up 3-6 times while hissing and pushing it up and down as fast as I can) with 3-5 minute waiting between sets.

But I just suddenly start doing something more bodybuilding oriented as in much lighter weights and long, controlled reps(4 seconds down, 2 seconds up), and I get an unbelievable pump from 3 sets of 8 on 4 exercises waiting only 1 minute in between sets. I already notice the size gains a bit on my arms and it has only been two weeks. I've gained atleast a quarter.

My powerlifting wasn't putting on any size, maybe I was just doing it wrong. I've checked this forum for specifics on powerlifting programs but I couldn't find details like correct form,how many sets and exercises are best, if I should be digging my feet into the ground and throwing the small of my back up to do whatever I can to lift the weight,etc.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam