Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Designer Stackables: VIGOR™ FAQ

VIGOR™ FAQ

VIGOR™ will be available immediately after the Arnold Classic Expo in early March, 2006.

Q. What exactly is a free radical and why should I care?
    Free radicals are molecules with unpaired electrons. Because of this structure, they are very unstable and so seek out other molecules with which they can combine to develop some sort of stability. It is when the radicals find their targets and collide that the majority of the damage is done.
    Q. What damage?
    Anything from aging, to atherosclerosis, to cancer, to recovery and growth inhibition and much more equally harmful stuff.
    Q. What causes free radicals?
    As stated in the product write-up, “There are numerous origins of free radical formation including pollution in the air, drug use, chemicals in the food and drink we consume, pesticides and contaminants on crops and even exercise (as waste products of cellular respiration).”
    Q. Will I notice a difference straight away when I use VIGOR™?
    It is not something you will “feel” per se, but if you currently don’t consume enough fruit and vegetables (which most people simply don’t), then over time you will notice a mildly reduced recovery time and even a mild increase in the rate of gains. Health-wise you will feel like a million dollars.
    Q. Where can I buy the product?
    Check our retailers section.
    Q. How many servings per bottle?
    Based on a two capsules per day usage, each bottle, containing 60 capsules, would last 30 days.
    Q. Should I cycle VIGOR™?
    Normally for Designer Supplements or Designer Stackables products we recommend you cycle all supplements except for multivitamins and minerals, protein powder and anti-oxidants. Given that VIGOR™ caters for the anti-oxidant aspect, it can and should be run year-round.
    Q. The label says “ORAC” and “µmolesTE”. What do these terms mean?
    ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity, which, in layman’s, measures the anti-oxidant activity of a substance or compound. Generally speaking, the higher the ORAC value the better.

“µmolesTE” is shorthand for micromoles/trolox equivalents. Without making it too confusing, it’s basically a method of standardizing ORAC.
    Q. So is 5800 ORAC µmolesTE good?
    The USDA recommends the average adult gets about 3000-5000 ORAC units per day, so yeah, it is pretty superb.
    Q. I already consume fruit with breakfast and vegetables with my evening meal, so do I still need VIGOR™?
    Absolutely. While you have a good base, those portions alone will not be enough to supply you with enough ORAC units.
    Q. What dose of VIGOR™ do you recommend for me?
    At least two caps per day, even if you do consume 2-3 portions of fruit and vegetables per day already. Space them out over breakfast and post-workout if you like.
    Q. Why post-workout?
    Because after a strenuous workout, oxidative stress is often at its worst due to the increased cellular respiration from training. At this time, the body can either begin the recuperation phases of recovery that eventually lead to growth and strength, or further tissue damage can occur if the body is not prepared for the attack. Using VIGOR™ at this time helps prime your cells towards recovery and growth.
    Q. Is VIGOR™ ok for vegetarians?
    Yes. But vegans must beware that the capsules are gelatin-based.
    Q. There is a warning in the write-up about using VIGOR™ with stimulants. What does this mean?
    Your body has a means of metabolizing drugs and toxins, through a collection of various enzymes. Certain extracts present in VIGOR™ can inhibit these enzymes, thereby delaying the rate at which your body can process compounds like stimulants etc. The extract content of VIGOR™ is not hugely significant to cause any major issue, but those more sensitive to stimulants and such may feel slightly more uncomfortable combining the two. If you give it 90 minutes or so after taking VIGOR™, the use of stimulants will be fine.
    Q. What about any particular health conditions?
    Always check with your doctor before using any supplements.
    The full write-up in PDF format is attached.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000) KeyHAWK is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Looks good!
    MY REVIEW PAGE
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=214403361#post214403361

RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wait, is it me or is the label unclear to the amount of vitamin c and e

Future nutritionist The Godfatha's Avatar
    The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Godfatha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks good except the ingredients on the label seems a bit screwed up with the quantity not being in line with the specific ingredients?
    Supplements are only for supplementing a good quality diet, training plan and lots of rest.

Don't waste your money on supps until you have those 3 basic components nailed down.

Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well spotted. I've managed to upload the draft label and delete the final version.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RollerSkates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Robboe
    Well spotted. I've managed to upload the draft label and delete the final version.
    looks excellent, do you feel this could be used as a replacement for a vegetable Greens supplement?

G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love fruit based antioxidants! This will be a nice addition to my mangosteen and immortality drink.

BTW, this reminds of something I heard about the fabled Atlantis. Apparently the people there had a technology that allowed them to concentrate all of the most powerful life promoting aspects of foods. They would take these drinks and live forever. Products like Vigor where natural foods are concentrated always reminds me of this story.
    Last edited by Aeternitatis; 02-20-2006 at 10:45 AM.

SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much? Would you like me to test some with GXR

Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Should be good to use with NO supps since they are so popular but most are unaware the Nitric Oxide molecule causes cellular damage

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am a huge fan of AOX and am looking foward trying long term use of this pending how much it is.
    Right now I switch back between Beverly and NO-Xidant year round
    Any questions on the Air Force and how it can help meet your needs PM me!

SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoleCollector is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This stuff really looks good, but I dont think I'm going to have like 20 bucks to throw away for some anti-oxidants.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, give us some hints about pricing.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    I love fruit based antioxidants! This will be a nice addition to my mangosteen and immortality drink.

BTW, this reminds of something I heard about the fabled Atlantis. Apparently the people there had a technology that allowed them to concentrate all of the most powerful life promoting aspects of foods. They would take these drinks and live forever. Products like Vigor where natural foods are concentrated always reminds me of this story.
    I like that, DS should use it as a ad.

I'm pretty sure this will be a reasonable priced staple since it is in the stackables line up.
    Keto Diet:
    Start - June 13th - 198 lbs (~??% bf)
    November 06, 2009 - 168 lbs (14% bf)

Almost 4 weeks into Bulk:
    December 04, 2009 - 180 lbs @ 17%
    December 12, 2009 - 184 lbs

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Trans_Isomer
    Should be good to use with NO supps since they are so popular but most are unaware the Nitric Oxide molecule causes cellular damage
    Precisely. We've been suggesting GXR post-workout for this reason in the past, but I feel VIGOR is a far better solution. This product makes me proud.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RollerSkates
    looks excellent, do you feel this could be used as a replacement for a vegetable Greens supplement?
    Since most vegetable greens supps are merely being taken for ORAC, I'd say yes.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

Originally Posted by dito
    Yeah, give us some hints about pricing.
    Armando, you, like everyone else know that all we can give is MSRP and the retailers will cut the price severly from that. First, I don't know our MSRP, but as it's a stackable, it'll be competitive.

Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by uhockey
    Precisely. We've been suggesting GXR post-workout for this reason in the past, but I feel VIGOR is a far better solution. This product makes me proud.
    The ingredients are something to be very proud of.

Now the one thing to remain is the price. If its good, then I think I have my new anti-ox formula

Thumbs up to DS for this one!

G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Since most vegetable greens supps are merely being taken for ORAC, I'd say yes.
    EXACTLY!!!

You can always rely on DS to notice the details. This is what makes Vigor above and beyond IMO.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Armando, you, like everyone else know that all we can give is MSRP and the retailers will cut the price severly from that. First, I don't know our MSRP, but as it's a stackable, it'll be competitive.

That's what I was looking for Or some sort of guesstimate that online retailer pricing.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

I hope Vitamin Shoppe gets this. I have a little coupon trick(feel free to PM me), where you get like a secret section with free shipping and crazy discounts.
    Glucophase..$28..... AcTivate..$31..... Xceed..$25..... Basic Cuts..$13..... Sesamin..24$..... FenoTest..$24..... Opt. Whey..$24...... all with free ship

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The wait is over.

Congrats on this guys.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

Originally Posted by Lonny
    The wait is over.

Congrats on this guys.
    Thank you sir. I had to offer my soul to Steve to get this product out there....ok, not really, but I did beg a lot and get the ball a' rollin'. Buy some, make me look good.

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    So will this replace my other anti oxidant products like Green Tea Extract, NAC, Idebenone, RALA, etc?

Originally Posted by wanderlei
    So will this replace my other anti oxidant products like Green Tea Extract, NAC, Idebenone, RALA, etc?
    I guess, but keep in mind:
    Green Tea: somewhat stimulant, aids in fatloss
    R-ALA: Mimicks insulin
    NAC: Helps with recovery

I use green tea extract for the EGCG's mostly, so i'd recommend you maintain it in your regimen if financially feasible.

NAC has never really interested me, but a lot of people like it so i guess it must have some merit.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

I have $20 in my head for some stupid reason, but it may be $25.

Either way, i see it retailing for $15-20, which, for 1-2 month's worth (depending on frequency of use), is money very well spent in my opinion.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Originally Posted by Robboe
    I have $20 in my head for some stupid reason, but it may be $25.

Either way, i see it retailing for $15-20, which, for 1-2 month's worth (depending on frequency of use), is money very well spent in my opinion.
    This is purely anecdote, but I ran the constituents of this product at 1 cap a day for the winter and despite being around extremely sick persons I never came down with anything. I lived with people who had colds, I examined people who had colds, and 95% of my peers had colds.

Originally Posted by SoleCollector
    I guess, but keep in mind:
    Green Tea: somewhat stimulant, aids in fatloss
    R-ALA: Mimicks insulin
    NAC: Helps with recovery
    Green Tea = ECGC. I wouldn't give up Lean Green, period.

R-ALA = Poor stability. I wouldn't use.

K-R-ALA = DOES NOT mimick insulin. Look up "potentiates." K-R-ALA is all well and good, but instead of taking large doses in Glucophase, one can pair GXR with Vigor and take 1 cap of each daily to stretch the bottles.

NAC = Overrated unless you OD on tylenol, IMO.

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is purely anecdote, but I ran the constituents of this product at 1 cap a day for the winter and despite being around extremely sick persons I never came down with anything. I lived with people who had colds, I examined people who had colds, and 95% of my peers had colds.
    What about in relation to limiting hangover prevention/severity? I know you don't drink excessively Mike, but did you have anyone else using it that noticed anything?

Also Mike, being in ohio, do you ever suffer from any slight SAD symptoms during the winter? If so, did this have any impact on them?
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

Hero. Psycho. Insomniac. Skigazzi's Avatar
    Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If the high ORAC rating is what is being targeted (as the marketing would suggest), then what advantage would this blend have at an ORAC rating of 5800 per serving versus a single capsule of quality green tea extract (lean green for example) which likely has an ORAC of 8000-10000? or a cap of GTE along with a good multi?

(assuming 1000 ORAC in a cup of GT (which is conservative), with the extract being good for 10 cups which is a fairly standard assumption).
    Last edited by Skigazzi; 02-21-2006 at 09:07 AM.
    The Dark Knight...Rises.