Closed Thread
Page 331 of 331 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 329 330 331
Results 9,901 to 9,921 of 9921
    determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gynogone View Post
    well considering he posted a thread regarding orthorexia and his current bf as 13 percent and wants to increase it then id say were probably in the right place to talk about body fat wouldnt u? sorry if it offended u, prehaps u should remove youre bf percentage from public view in the future if you are so private about it thankyou.
    that isnt serious
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello there - I guess someone might place me in the category of orthorexia (at least other people on the forums have lumped me in that group). I have been lifting for 10 years, competing for 3/4 (last show was July 2011). Prior to competing I always did a brief guestimate of calories, but would still eat out, engage in holiday eating, birthdays etc. Since I started competing I began counting macros and while there isn't a social event I would ever avoid due to food, it doesn't mean I will eat while I am there (this makes other people uncomfortable more than anything). I count/weigh obsessively and when presented with a situation where I can't count, I won't eat. Thoughts of not counting give me anxiety. Currently I am at 5'3 102lbs 230c/120p/42f ... so I am not starving and in the process of a very slow reverse diet. I just enjoy the control and to boot, people give me a lot of positive reinforcement always complimenting me on how I look. I know what I am doing is not ideal and most would consider no way to live. There is no food I won't eat thus that is not my issue, so long as I can "count it."
    "Nothing in the world is so powerful, as an idea whose time has come."

Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramses78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone got tips on not being a hypocrite? In the sense I won't go around preaching how healthy I am and how good this lifestyle is if all I'm doing is falling behind in uni from procrastination, not doing my old hobbies nearly enough as focussing on body and just not growing at all.
    I'd love to help people here but right now I can't practice what I preach so I'd feel a liar just saying it.
    I'm not too assed with the weight gain from my overeating but it'd be nice to have more muscle again and I am concerned about getting physical/mental health/relationships/life as a whole back on track.
    Not necessarily all relating to food but I'm hoping it'll translate

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by johnson5552 View Post
    So correct me if im wrong. Youre saying the direction i need to go is eat untracked plain and simple? Its not that im not hungry, quite the opposite i am never full but i never allow myself to over-eat in an effort to control my weight even if that means under eating.
    I had the same feeling when I was about to stop counting.

I did it the 'safe' way and ate maintenance for 2-3 weeks... then got a feel for how those portions were and just eat now when I'm hungry/stop when I'm full. Since I'm trying to gain slowly, I'll eat a little bit more than normal.

I was 166 and the last time a weighed myself (6 weeks after I stopped counting strictly) I was only 171. D is right, you just need to take that step and realize you won't blow up in one day.

johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnson5552 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JeffyDOS View Post
    I had the same feeling when I was about to stop counting.

I did it the 'safe' way and ate maintenance for 2-3 weeks... then got a feel for how those portions were and just eat now when I'm hungry/stop when I'm full. Since I'm trying to gain slowly, I'll eat a little bit more than normal.

I was 166 and the last time a weighed myself (6 weeks after I stopped counting strictly) I was only 171. D is right, you just need to take that step and realize you won't blow up in one day.
    i really apprecitate the advice.
    Its scary because it almost feels like my hunger is never ending although they tell me my hunger will subside when my body deems its bmi "healthy". The idea of it is scary because of the seeming loss of control and coping function that it provides me.

Thanks

krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    (This is from a thread i made some days ago, i just want to give some motivation to some of you guys!)
    Checkout and give a Like to the ******** page! The main goal it's to help people with eating dissorders or people who want to change their lifestyle!

http://www.********.com/Cristoforus8

#Let'sMakeSomeNoise!
    Last edited by krist7; 11-21-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Like the ******** Page! http://www.********.com/Cristoforus8

From Vegan Anorexic 114 lbs to member of PETA(People Eating Tasting Animals) at 185 lbs

Goals acomplished: 1. beated anorexia and now im not affraid to eat. 2. reached 140 lbs, my mom has started to quit smoking. 3. Help people with eating dissorders.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ Good thing I took Spanish for 4 years. I can understand mostly what's being said on the page, heh. Reps for trying to spread the word!.

krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) krist7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    ^^^ Good thing I took Spanish for 4 years. I can understand mostly what's being said on the page, heh. Reps for trying to spread the word!.
    Thanks bro! I will be posting in english too!
    Like the ******** Page! http://www.********.com/Cristoforus8

From Vegan Anorexic 114 lbs to member of PETA(People Eating Tasting Animals) at 185 lbs

Goals acomplished: 1. beated anorexia and now im not affraid to eat. 2. reached 140 lbs, my mom has started to quit smoking. 3. Help people with eating dissorders.

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by krist7 View Post
    Thanks bro! I will be posting in english too!
    I actually like the Spanish heh. Keeps my mind going, and I could use some improvement. How often will you be updating it?

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    can someone explain to me what binge eating is ? coz i think i do that lol

Originally Posted by transformerchad View Post
    can someone explain to me what binge eating is ? coz i think i do that lol
    Chances are, that if you truly find your behavior/behaviors humorous. Then you don't genuinely "have" binge eating disorder. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

What causes you to think you "do this"?

Registered User gradualprogress's Avatar
    gradualprogress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is disregarding all rhyme and reason and overindulging to the point where food is no longer even enjoyable or rational. As i struggle with it to this day and have been working on it for months, reust me you don't have it. You would know. Binge eating disorder is not downing an entire bag of chips while watching a game or overeating a few times a week.

Here is my worst binge ever and this is real....not just me listing things:
    Aunti annes pretzel, icce, nuggets and fires from a movie theatre, 3 sodas at the theatre, Medium bag of m&ms, 3 self serve yogurts, mcdonalds big mac, friendlys mile shake, burger king milkshake, 3 dunkin donuts donuts, starbucks frappucino, chinese stir fry, bag of cashews, half gallon of ice cream. I did all that in about the span of an hour and didnt purge. Literally thought I was going to die and even my "binges" now come nowhere near that as I actively stop myself. Trust me if you find it funny in the least and not scary you dont have the disorder.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok guys - will have to close this thread soon - is there someone among you who you wish to make the next thread --> please decide and let me know when a new thread is made and I will close this thread and link to the new one.

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    Ok guys - will have to close this thread soon - is there someone among you who you wish to make the next thread --> please decide and let me know when a new thread is made and I will close this thread and link to the new one.
    I nominate determined. or erik
    Johns Hopkins '16

^^^ Honored at even being mentioned, but I think out of all of us that struggle with this and have been open about our issues, Determined gets my vote. (If he's willing)

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    Originally Posted by texicus View Post
    I nominate determined. or erik
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    ^^^ Honored at even being mentioned, but I think out of all of us that struggle with this and have been open about our issues, Determined gets my vote. (If he's willing)
    would be honored
    emma let me know when
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    i eat clean all week , count calories , train hard , stay determined and strong ... recently on a sat or sun night iv found myself "binge" eating to the point where i feel so full and sick i cant move ... i can eat a packet of biscuits , up to 8 slices of bread with peanut butter and jelly or whatever i can find, ice cream , around 3-5 chocolate bars , over a litre of milk with nesquick etc... then i wake up the next morning feeling sick and bloated and restrict my eating and basically "over train" . worst part is i dont plan these episodes where i eat so much it just happens and i go into a zone . think im joking? iv realised this has been happening since i started calorie counting . i always associated ED with women /.

Originally Posted by transformerchad View Post
    i eat clean all week , count calories , train hard , stay determined and strong ... recently on a sat or sun night iv found myself "binge" eating to the point where i feel so full and sick i cant move ... i can eat a packet of biscuits , up to 8 slices of bread with peanut butter and jelly or whatever i can find, ice cream , around 3-5 chocolate bars , over a litre of milk with nesquick etc... then i wake up the next morning feeling sick and bloated and restrict my eating and basically "over train" . worst part is i dont plan these episodes where i eat so much it just happens and i go into a zone . think im joking? iv realised this has been happening since i started calorie counting . i always associated ED with women /.
    1. Perhaps "eating clean", "Counting Calories", etc. Is the main reason you feel that you need to "binge eat" on the weekends. Try incorporating more of these foods into your daily intake if you feel like you NEED to have them. Self deprivation for an extended amount of time of these things will only spiral back to you binging on them because you desire them so much.
    2. The next time you wake up "the next morning feeling sick and bloated", try documenting that/those feelings and tell yourself how much you wish to never feel that way again. Think of how horrible it feels, perhaps also think of others around you.. how they're able to go out and enjoy their weekend and you have to feel bloated/sick and feel the need to deprive yourself because of the previous binge.

Just my 0.02$
    Best of luck

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    would be honored
    emma let me know when
    Hey D -- Just start a new thread and pm me /link me when you're done.
    I'll close this one and post link to the new thread here.

pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply.