Closed Thread
Page 11 of 331 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dude you need discipline. I know it is hard. You can opt for other foods. Healthy food is good. Try it for a while. I do have cravings too. You can believe me on that. Normally when I have cravings is when i am feeling fatigued. That is when I know it is time to carb up. Try it believe me it works. Let go of that bar and save it for maybe once a week or every two weeks you need to focus on your goals. You can still eat a lot and cut. Just choose the right food.
    [URL=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8855244]Free Ipods![/URL]

[URL=http://www.projectphysique.com]Project Physique[/URL]

_AJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Really I though that I was alone out there, but reading this thread futher it seems like all the symptoms are all alike. Actually I wanted to write as I had a mild case of wanting to binge. So far I have allowed myself a small treat of a protein Pudding (EFA's+caesin) Also sticking some Xanthan Gum a drinking a few cups of water filled me up.

I can't afford another relapse and I am glad that everyone is here for support.

Good luck to you all and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Edit:

Made it
    Last edited by _AJ; 07-24-2003 at 11:44 AM.

Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Semper Fi350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow.

And I thought I had a problem

When I came home from boot camp, I weighed a nice 150. But I couldn't stand it. I had to eat, eat, eat, would still be full, but had to EAT!

In 10 days, I gained 11 pounds!!!!!!! Lots of bread, PB, and chocolate. It was crazy!!

And then, after MCT, I was an amazing 172!!!!!!!!! I have been working REALLY hard since then to get it off.

Cutting calories....

But I understand the pain and heart break of wanting to eat everything-PANIC.

I went to my Doc, and she gave me prozac.

Also gave me Adipex for the cruise I went on last week. It really helped. I wanted to eat everything....

It is such a scary feeling. Such panic
    A.N.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know how you feel binging does a number on your self-esteem which make the binge worse... I have problems with it myself... I'm single so I don't bring home stuff I will binge on except for when I plan a "mini-binge" and then I limit what is around... Cheat days in effect...

The Prozac can be helpful to some people with out it I might not be here now... Understand you will need to be on it for 4-6weeks maybe more for it to start to work and the effects can be very subtle so be patient...

Hang in there you can do it, you just need to want it badly enough.

Rob--

Unhappy Just Keep me away from those Damned Nutz

Well I overdid it today. It started w/ a regular bag of people then it was everything that i could get my hands on. Luckily I had some jello around or it would have been alot worse.

I hate that uncontrollable desire, its like you can't control yourself. I know exactley what was going through my head at the time.

Although I packed down a lot of calories, but it seems that I keep it short lasting no more than a day or two. I know that there are certain foods that trigger it, and that is why I try to stay away. Today my sister brought home the BIG bag of mixed nuts. Well she didn't stop me from helping myself to the whole bag.

Although I did find that jello really help, I mean I kinda made my own pudding outta it and it seems to fill and fulfil my cravings.

I guess tomorro is day 1 again.

conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont know if it helps but I used to have binge sessions(before I did weight lifting) where I could eat loads(due to poor diets spacing and the maturaty age (puberty) being reached) but I could always burn't off fat with exercise and later meal intervals and the only thing that could solve this was my weight lifting diet with more regular meals and a more active life i.e the world of work.Even today I rarely have a binge session but I eat healthy foods without junk food because I am am more knowledgeable about food/drink/junk food nutritional content.
    So the morals/advice/lesson/point is have a goal/purpose to reach, take exercise reguraly(but dont over train), take meals as regular as possible i.e 1 meal every 3-4 hours, get enough carbs + sleep[6-8 hours) try not to let your willpower breakdown/decrease and speak to people when you feel your willpower/determination weakening.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Bottomline...

The bottomline is you're not alone and you aren't weird other people have the same problem. And most of us that have recognised we have a problem are willing to help talk other through they problems...

Rob--

janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you guys think that we are gluttons, for these all out binges. I mean I can maintain a clean diet with no cheating for about six weeks, then I go out and do an all out binge at a buffet, I am starting to wonder if I am a glutton, but any how dont feel bad about eating a boat load, at least you take your diet seriously there are tons of people who everyday shovel junk into there mouths without even being remotely consious of what they are doing to themselves, just keep training and making eating good a priority in your life, and stay strong you will get there.
    AOK

I hate this feeling

You know I say that everytime I "indulge" and that that would be the last time I promise. Week goes by and I am perfect w/ diet. Then i start thinking is this dieting really worth feeling absolutley horrid each and every week.

Well this binge was at least clean. Clean as can be like it started as a refeed due to dieting and in the span of 24 h I manage to eat at least 3000-4000g carbs. I realize that most likely leptin levels are lowered during dieting so that is my reasoning behing it. But it always get out of hand. 6-7 bagels with 2 bowls of rice after a half a bag of oatmeal does wonders to make you look pregnant.

So I have decided that I am not going to diet anymore. I am going to reamain eating clean for a few weeks/months train hard and hopefully there will be no need to overeat foods.

Well tommorro is a new day, I am looking forward to it becasue it is going to be the last day I diet and worry about it. There is more to life than that box of chocolates or bagels for my case.

Sorry if I babbled but I just had to pleadge it in writing somewhere where I know that will hopefully visit to look back at the past.

There's the problem... you have to find an eating plan that you can live with... if what you're doing make you feel bad of course you won't stick with it...

Forget dieting you need to change the way you eat and do it in a way that you can eat like that from now on...

Just like working out is something that has to be part of your life as long as you intend to keep the lean, muscular new you that you workesd so hard to become...

Rob--
    Last edited by rleeson; 08-14-2003 at 10:48 AM.

janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    aj, dont fret bro, you will find your balance in this game, for me it came down to just knowing that looking the way I wanted by training hard and eating clean was something that was really important to me, so I prioritized over it, yeah I slip every now and then, but I dont trip like you said the next day you get right back on track, and thats it..good luck bro....
    AOK

furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Riddle me this, I am bulking after reovering from bulemia to gain back my lost weight. I was bulemic for like 4 months, will this have had any effect on my metabolism, and if so, how long will it take to resstablish itself?

I wouldnt know if being bulemic for a long time would have an effect on your metabolism, I can imagine that it might have some effect, but to what degree I cant say. One thing I can say is that you are accomplishing a tremendous amount, after being bulemic for that long, to decide to culk up man that is awesome, good luck bro, I got your back.
    AOK

ultramuscle22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump.

ultramuscle22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump.

quefire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow,

I thought that girls were the only ones with these problems. Boy was I WRONG!!!!

I can relate to the desire to wanting to be thin. I was a fat kid and I am still an overweight adult. I have tried every diet in the book. The last thing I tried was Weight Watchers and I lost 40 pounds and felt on top of the world!!

Then somehow I managed to gain it all back plus ten in about a year. Now I am working with IFBB pro's on a clean diet to help me get lean which has been my DREAM for a long time. So I started this in March and lost 20 pounds and then I went off for like 2 weeks and gained about 10 pounds back by binge eating. I didn't even go to the gym. I asked myself if this is really what I wanted to do. Work out and eat clean and make these sacrafices for the rest of my life. My answer was yes. So then I proceeded to get back on track and was doing excellent and lost the 10 pounds I gained and then who knows how this happens but my cheat day turned into a cheat of 4 days so far and I am still struggling to get back on track. I haven't been to the gym in 8 days.
    It is a vicious circle and all I want to do is be normal and not want to eat to comfort me or whatever the case may be.

I want to be in control but sometimes I am so out of control I don't know where to start to get back on track. I don't want to live like this.

So why is it that if I want something so bad that is totally 100% in my control to achieve I can't seem to do it??

Lisa

sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by quefire
    Wow,

I thought that girls were the only ones with these problems. Boy was I WRONG!!!!

I can relate to the desire to wanting to be thin. I was a fat kid and I am still an overweight adult. I have tried every diet in the book. The last thing I tried was Weight Watchers and I lost 40 pounds and felt on top of the world!!

Then somehow I managed to gain it all back plus ten in about a year. Now I am working with IFBB pro's on a clean diet to help me get lean which has been my DREAM for a long time. So I started this in March and lost 20 pounds and then I went off for like 2 weeks and gained about 10 pounds back by binge eating. I didn't even go to the gym. I asked myself if this is really what I wanted to do. Work out and eat clean and make these sacrafices for the rest of my life. My answer was yes. So then I proceeded to get back on track and was doing excellent and lost the 10 pounds I gained and then who knows how this happens but my cheat day turned into a cheat of 4 days so far and I am still struggling to get back on track. I haven't been to the gym in 8 days.
    It is a vicious circle and all I want to do is be normal and not want to eat to comfort me or whatever the case may be.

I want to be in control but sometimes I am so out of control I don't know where to start to get back on track. I don't want to live like this.

So why is it that if I want something so bad that is totally 100% in my control to achieve I can't seem to do it??

Lisa
    As a "recoveree" from binge eating, it sounds to me like your diet plans and your "sacrifices" are too strict. You need to switch your mind frame! Viewing this as a huuuuge quest that's full of deprivation and making "sacrifices" is the wrong frame of mind. If you feel deprived of something, you're going to eventually give in to temptation and "cheat". And binge. And those binges can go on and on and on and on.

Take a hard look at your diet & exercise plan. You could be jumping in too quickly with it, and your brain/body is rebelling. I'd take it slower and examine a few things.

Why are you doing this [eating healthy, trying to lose weight, etc]? Is it really for yourself? Is it to feel better, or to look better?

Why do you have the mindframe that this is supposed to be a sacrifice?

How do you feel right before you give into a binge? How do you feel after?

What triggers that binge for you?

You have to exercise & eat well because you enjoy it. If you're forcing yourself to do something you don't truly feel ready for, you're going to keep binging. Yes, it does take some discipline. You can't always give in to temptation and eat chocolate cake everynight. Sometimes you'll have to drag your butt to the gym when you don't feel like it. But you should feel fairly happy, dedicated, and motivated at least 90% of the time. If you don't, I'd re-examine some things happening with your diet & exercise plan...

Remember. This is for life. Not just until you hit a goal weight, not just for a month or two. As long as you have the mentality that this is a crash diet, you're going to keep binging...

It also takes time. Lots and lots of time. I didn't snap out of starvation/ binge mode right away. It took me awhile to really get back on the right track. Try to understand that, and don't beat yourself up over it if you "slip" off the track occasionally, okay? Just make sure you get right back on.

Best of luck to you!

well I guess it all comes down to balance. That happens to be the all important factor, you must be able to find your own balance in this game, and find out what works for you and your goals. Speaking on behalf of myself, I used to be one who binged and purged both through making myslef throw up and through exercise. This way of dealing with my diet was leading me to be very unhappy, I seeked help from those I trusted, and was close too. Eventually I got over the issue of purging, but somewhat sad to say I still fall victim to the occasional binge, but for me I look at these binges as rewards. They are rewards I give myself for eating clean for months on end. So I guess for me one day of eating comfort food till I am plumb full every two to three months is my balance. I hope that all of you can find yours.
    AOK

conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50) conzani will become famous soon enough. (+50)

guidance

It may sound easy to say but to eat healthy without binge eating so often quefire or anyone else could have a good clean diet but put little treats into the diet like steak or homemade sugar free and fat free popcorn or occasionally homemade fruit juice.
    And to keep the mind motivated break your problem areas(binge/eating disorder wise) into smaller pieces then make it your mission/goal to achieve at least 1 goal a week and you can tell yourself the benifits of achieving each goal and what you want to gain from your diet.

If you ever fancy coming off you clean/healthy diet or still want a treat to keep you on the long winding path to a better diet someone could try/have fat free, sugar free sorbital jam but only a small amount because it still has carbs.

alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Wow, I'm really not alone here am I? When I was in highschool, I was severely anorexic. It was triggered by an ilness that left me missing my colon and bits ant piced of my small intestine, etc. Eventually I learned that if I din't eat = it didn't hurt, so I didn't eat... for 4 years. My all time low was 90lbs (5'9")
    Then the man I was living with at the time got me into triathlon, and so I began to eat, but SUPER strick eating ant training. Well, if you've ever seen your typical triathlete, they're pretty skinny, and thats what most coaches stress, so here we go again, weight became an obsesion, but I looked like a dedicated athlete, so people stopped interfereing. Eventually I did Ironman, which landed me in the med tent, and left me with severe hyponatremia, and they took out more bits of me. I got soooo sick of this, I didn't know what to do. Weightlifting has helped me so much! You HAVE to eat. Your happy when you gain, and if you have OCD, there's lots of positive stuff to focus on. I ended up taking the last year and a half off (moved alot, working on my degree, etc..) but now I'm back, more than ever!

donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

I here you bro. Good Job!

skifreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am new so im not sure what to say. i recognize that i have an eating disorder(binge eating) and really need to learn to recover. i have been this way for about 2 years now. at the beginning it wasnt that bad, maybe once a week i would binge. now it seems as if it happens every day. i eat sugar candy and chocolate until i feel like i cant eat anything else. then i eat more. i cant hardly get up off the couch when i binge. at the present time i am 6'3 and weigh 220lbs. which isnt bad if it was solid but only about 190 is solid because that is what i weighed 1 year ago and i am so scared that if it doesnt stop ill weigh 300lbs next year. i feel like i could eat all day and not be satisfied and i know the problem is that all day i think about food. i believe if that wasnt the first thing on my mind that i could overcome this. does anyone have any ideas on how i could reprogram myself to not think about food constantly. please let me know even if you think it sounds absurd. any ideas are welcome here. thanks for your support

Take on some hobbies.

I am all for getting hobbies, and other things to keep your mind off of food, do you work? what about friends and family? Another thing you can do that wcould help, is yes think about food, but instead of solely viewing the pleasure of it, view its purpose and that is to fuel your body. Set up some physique goals and base your diet around them. Then stick to your program and allow yourself a cheat meal or day, and go for it, dont let the binge get the best of you, stay strong bro..J
    AOK

thanks for the ideas guys. yeah i work and yeah i do stuff with friends but they usually want to go out to eat which sucks. i will try to look at food as fuel for my body and not a pleasure so that i eat healthy clean foods instead of candy. thanks for the support everyone.

Originally posted by skifreak
    thanks for the ideas guys. yeah i work and yeah i do stuff with friends but they usually want to go out to eat which sucks. i will try to look at food as fuel for my body and not a pleasure so that i eat healthy clean foods instead of candy. thanks for the support everyone.
    Getting yourself to believe that food is just fuel and not a reward or pleasure is the key... but it's also tricking if you deny yourself something that you like you are likely to in time rebel and that will set you up for a binge. Don't deny yourself but make yourself completely aware of what you are doing if you eat stuff that isn't in your new eating plan (don't think diet, think new way of eating... if you don't want to put the weight back on you can't go back to the way you used to eat...) Use your reason to negate the craving... remember that you want to get lean and muscular, and how great that will make and the candy won't help you to that goal... and the you don't want to be fat and how bad it makes you feel and and that the candy and chips are only going to make you fatter....

Rob--
    Last edited by rleeson; 09-10-2003 at 09:54 AM.

thanks alot guys. the support you show to me(someone you dont even know) is so awesome. it shows that people do care. i am going to do my best to attain my new eating plan. i have also been told to think positively all the time. when i get bored, think i will overcome this, i will be lean and muscular, i will accomplish what goals i set for myself. i am going to try these goals and let you know how it works out. but i am so excited now that i have a place to vent all of my thoughts. because before i found this forum i just kept it in because when i told people they just said you look fine dont worry about it. i got so scared because i know its not healthy to go out and eat sweets and junk until you cant hardly move. that much fat and sugar in an hour period is enough to do some major damage so once again thank you to everyone here who is sharing ideas and past experieces

best of luck bro keep us posted and we will hold you to your words
    AOK

Nyhottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Jordan314
    I also have been dealing with a eating disorder for the past two years. I can not cure myself and now realize that I need help. I feel as If my metabolism is now shot, if I eat more then 2000 calories a day I gain fat, under 1200 and I lose weight drastically. Within the past two years I have gone from weighing 145-186 I am still constantly fluctuating, boughting with bulimia and aneorexia. I am 5,10 and 19 years old, If any one out there has a problem SEEK HELP you can not do it on your own, Its a disease that will rip apart yout mind!!! Please believe me

I know exactley what you are going through, because unfortunately I suffer from anorexia/bulimia as well. I am currently 20 years old, and I have been dealing with these psychological disorders since I was 13 years old. I was never a very thin girl, I always had the muscular physique, and the older I got, the more and more I got made fun of for it...kids are just plain cruel...I developed anorexia at first when I was 13 years old, because the people I hung around with were all very tiny, and I wanted to look like them too. I went from 162 pounds to 125 pounds in 2 months time. I couldn't even get out of bed, let alone function throughout the day, because I was SO exhausted from having nothing of any nutritional value in my system! I got a little better, only when I checked myself into a clinic...see the sad part of all of this was that my parents didn't believe that I had an actual problem, so I had to deal with this on my own...I went through the ages of 14 & 15, just dealing with my weight issues. When I was 16 years old, I started dating this guy, who was 18 years old, and at the time, he wanted me to become thinner...what an a-hole!!! I then started the whole vicious cycle all over again, only this time, I incorporated bulimia into the mix, because I felt, "Hey, why can't I eat what I want to, but then just get rid of it all by throwing it all up"? I continued this until I was 18 years old. This guy, and I eventually broke up, and he was never really happy with the way I looked anyways, so it was definitely NO BIG LOSS!!! Soon thereafter, I met a new guy...Christian...who is my life!!! He helped me out A LOT with my problem, and I stopped throwing up, and we have been together for almost 2 1/2 years now! Anorexia/Bulimia NEVER goes away, and so many people are mis-led into thinking that they do go away! These are psychological disorders, which I have mentioned before, and there are ALWAYS things floating around inside your head about your physical appearance. You just have to try to block those evil voices out of your mind, and try to focus on the positive things in life, and through this, and a good support group, you will hopefully get through life in a successful manner!!! Good luck to all of you, and God Bless!!!
    No matter how hard or unattainable something may seem to you, do not give up because patience and persistence are two key elements in succeeding this game we play called LIFE! --- Christina Altieri

Closed Thread