Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Powerlifting vs. Bodybuilding

What do you think is healthier, powerlifting or bodybuilding?

For the sake of argument assume that powerlifters and bodybuilders both follow an identical healthy diet, the only difference is the training. Do you think that it is healthier to have more muscle mass or more strength and why?

dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what's your opinion?

Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drew23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If the diet is the same, there is no difference in "health".

Powerlifters are great. Bodybuilders are ***s.
    []=[]ALC[]=[]
    Best Meet lifts: S:575 B:525 D:510 Total:1605 (220)
    Best lifts: S:635 B:560 D:510
    Best Raw: S:505 B:370 D:510
    Equipment: Inzer RageX. Metal Pro Squat Suit. Metal Ace Briefs

God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 1Cor 1:27

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Doll Steak

For the sake of argument assume that powerlifters and bodybuilders both follow an identical healthy diet, the only difference is the training. Do you think that it is healthier to have more muscle mass or more strength and why?
    It's healthier to have strength, mass can equate to strength, but real honest to goodness strength beats size any time. Powerlifting is healthier I think because it develops your body to perform good not just look good. In the old times bodybuilders were powerlifters and weightlifters specializing in functional training, and this made them look good. Eat healthy, do your cardio, and train functionally (squat, deadlift, overhead press, pullups, ie. compounds [leave the cable crossovers at home], etc.), stretch too dammit, and you should do well.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

there is some evidence that heavy lifting and low rep max effort sets can stiffen the walls of the arteries which may have some health consequences down the road... but this is all prelim research.

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Powerlifters and bodybuilders don't follow the same diet, though. You might as well ask "If powerlifters and bodybuilders did the same lifts, but ate differentely, which one would be more healthy?"

I'd say a powerlifter who stays in their appropriate weight-class and stays natural is at an advantage health-wise, as they don't go through the same extremes of weight gain, fat loss and dehydration. For the same reason boxers who don't bloat up between fights tend to have longer careers, and ultimately, lives. I know that's partially related to dehydration of the brain, but I wouldn't want to dehydrate my internal organs either.
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doll Steak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Kurgan
    Powerlifters and bodybuilders don't follow the same diet, though. You might as well ask "If powerlifters and bodybuilders did the same lifts, but ate differentely, which one would be more healthy?"
    Yah, my question was a bit vague. I didn't mean powerlifters vs. bodybuilders at the level of competition. What I really meant to ask was the health benefits of a casual weight lifter who trains for strength versus a casual lifter who's goal is muscle mass.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilders Cut up, Bulk up, Dehydrate themselves, And get down to 4% bodyfat.

I recall somthing about a woman's bodyfat can't go below 12% or they will die. And a man's 3%.

If i had to guess i would say bodybuilders are more un-healthy. But then again they don't stay @ 4% for a extent period of time.

How ever, I think 4% for a few days or weeks is more healthy then the 400 lb SHW powerlifters with 25% bodyfat...

Im kinda on the fence on this one...

Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr Beer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yah, my question was a bit vague. I didn't mean powerlifters vs. bodybuilders at the level of competition. What I really meant to ask was the health benefits of a casual weight lifter who trains for strength versus a casual lifter who's goal is muscle mass.
    In that context, I would guess there would be no discernable difference.
    Contrary to conspiracy theorists' hysteria, Obama is not going to declare martial law. I wager a 90-day banning with Invictus:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171973553&page=2

Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe it varies from athlete to athlete and depends on the level of competition...you cannot really determine one is healthier then the other...even if you could somehow do a epidemiological study on this, the standard deviation would be so broad and the p-value would show insignificance in the study, hence making it invalid...

str8flexed, you can find evidence on almost anything if you really look hard for it...anything can be proven to work, manipulatively or not...always important to remember...deception is the darkside of perception...

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that's a cop out people who don't understand science well like to use. yes studies are open to interpretation and so is science, but studies that contradict each other, not because of variability but because of imperfect design... that's why it's important to read full-texts and not just abstracts or worse... newspaper articles.

forgive me but as a grad student that comment irks me

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would really love to see this study, who did they do it on and for how long and what were the weights used. Next week they will be saying it unstiffens the walls of the arteries.

Originally Posted by str8flexed
    there is some evidence that heavy lifting and low rep max effort sets can stiffen the walls of the arteries which may have some health consequences down the road... but this is all prelim research.
    Wayne

Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've done my fair share of conducting research, i've taking multiple critical thinking courses and had to break down tons of scientific literature...i've taken multiple grad level courses in nutrition...I understand science very well...I'm no fool that goes on pubmed finding random abstracts thinking I know it all...there is actually so much more to learn...

however until the study is complete it means nothing to me...but I hope it goes well and done properly..it would be a interesting read.

it is easy to assume the level of knowledge people have on a forum...I thought you were some kid that pulled it out of your ass and you probably assumed I was some ignorant fool that uses what I said as a cop out...

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Probably the only thing bad that could happen is an injury as in a muscle tear. Also having a higher bodyweight like SHW can be very bad for your health.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

Originally Posted by waynelucky
    I would really love to see this study, who did they do it on and for how long and what were the weights used. Next week they will be saying it unstiffens the walls of the arteries.

Wayne

dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    as far as the original question is concerned (is it healthier to have more strength or to have more muscle mass)...
    I'd say it's healthier to have more strength, I believe your heart has to work harder when you're carrying around more mass....

but in reality it's not like that,
    I'm not sure the average bodybuilder is actually bigger than the average
    powerlifter
    plus the average bodyfat of a bodybuilder is probably lower than that of a powerlifter
    plus bodybuilders do a lot of "bulking and cutting",
    which supposedly has adverse effects on long term health

not to mention comparing steroid using bodybuilders to steroid using powerlifters
    naturals to naturals
    naturals to steroid users
    etc etc etc
    I agree w/ perceptionist in that there are a ****LOAD of variables, so IMO it would take A LOT of studies to even come close to the truth

nubian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First off, competitive bodybuilders are the epitome of yo-yo dieters. Very hard on the endocrine, renal, and digestive systems. No matter if drugs are used or not. Secondly, typical bodybuilding "training" can lead to tendonitis in various joints do to the reliance on single joint movements, as well as a decrease in general flexibility. But all that CAN be avoided.

always raising my bar deviltrainee's Avatar
    deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think that pling would be less healthy because of all the joint damage due to the higher weight, but i dont really know
    Height = 6'3"
    Weight = 190ish
    Age = 18

bench == 255, down to 235
    squat == 315*3, :(
    pullups == 30, about 20ish
    chins == 4 * bw + 100, :(
    deadlift == 335 old record, now :(

Stronger by da week! bodybuilda's Avatar
    bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybuilda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think that either damn way pling and bbing is more healthy than doing neither at all.
    Height 5'11
    weight 165
    PR's:
    DEADLIFT RAW: 345 x 1 reps
    SQUAT RAW: 275 x 3 reps
    BENCH RAW: 185x1rep (incline)
    Both no belt straps, no chalk or nothing.
    Just practically naked doing them!
    Check out my journal
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=448005[/url]

Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nubian
    typical bodybuilding "training" can lead to tendonitis i
    Actualy, High rep training strengthens tendons.

Well...

What is more healthy, being 295 lbs @ 3% bodyfat @ 5'9- OR

390 lbs 25+% bodyfat year round? That is basicly what it comes down to.
    SHW powerlifter's are usualy overweight, Which isn't healthy. But then again, The top bodybuilder's are pumped full of so many chemical's they arn't really healthy either.

Honestly, I watched a jay cutler video, He couldnt even do a set of curls without geting winded.

Then again, Not all powerlifter's are overweight. And not all bodybuilder's are 300 lbs @ 3% bodyfat...

There is no way to find the answer to this question, There is far too much generalization.

nubian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nubian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Oldtime
    Actualy, High rep training strengthens tendons.
    Not when you're depriving the body of nutients to protect them, such as fats

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Why not do them both and cover your ass both ways? lol Both have goods and both have bads, I dont feel there is one better than the other. Powerlifters will say they are best and Bodybuilders will say they are best, so just train both ways and benefit from each.
    www.Diplicious.com
    Co-Owner

SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're talking about competitive bodybuilding vs. competitive powerlifting, it's a toss up. They are both unhealthy--roids & crazy dieting like bodybuilders or being a fat slob year round like gene rychlak or scot mendelson. Neither one of those guys can even climb a flight of stairs without getting winded. Hardly any professionals in any sport are all that healthy though--their joints are thrashed and they get beat up all the time--nfl, nba, mlb--even golfers get thrashed rotator cuffs. They don't do these things for their health though.

Non competitive bodybuilding vs. non competitive powerlifting ? Bodybuilding is healthier, hands down. Bodybuilding: More cardio and less fat.

Originally Posted by bodybuilda
    i think that either damn way pling and bbing is more healthy than doing neither at all.
    Bump to that.

Originally Posted by SolarPanelThrower
    If you're talking about competitive bodybuilding vs. competitive powerlifting, it's a toss up. They are both unhealthy--roids & crazy dieting like bodybuilders or being a fat slob year round like gene rychlak or scot mendelson. Neither one of those guys can even climb a flight of stairs without getting winded. Hardly any professionals in any sport are all that healthy though--their joints are thrashed and they get beat up all the time--nfl, nba, mlb--even golfers get thrashed rotator cuffs. They don't do these things for their health though.

Non competitive bodybuilding vs. non competitive powerlifting ? Bodybuilding is healthier, hands down. Bodybuilding: More cardio and less fat.
    Yah, I meant at a non-competitive level. See if you're someone like me and isn't prone to a high level of bodyfat then I think that powerlifting might actually be healthier. I don't see powerlifting as an excuse to allow yourself to get pudgy though, so I when I do it I tend to have a little bit of a bodybuilding mentality too (in terms of keeping unecessary fat off). I would still eat a high calorie, high protein diet with a variety of fruits and vegetables, and still be somewhat muscular, but be very functionally strong as opposed to having some extra muscle mass.

I can say this for sure, since I switched from a bodybuilding type of split to more of a powerlifting routine I have felt much more energy and stamina in playing sports like hockey and tennis then I did on a bodybuilding routine. So I know that from an athletic point of view powerlifting seems to have the edge (as long as you don't let your bodyfat get out of control).

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well...

SHW powerlifter's are usualy overweight, Which isn't healthy. But then again, The top bodybuilder's are pumped full of so many chemical's they arn't really healthy either.

Honestly, I watched a jay cutler video, He couldnt even do a set of curls without geting winded.

Then again, Not all powerlifter's are overweight. And not all bodybuilder's are 300 lbs @ 3% bodyfat...

There is no way to find the answer to this question, There is far too much generalization.
    Probably isn't the best to be at 3% body fat. I feel powerlifters (some who choose their weight class) are over weight, but from the GPP work they perform they are in more shape then bodybuilders. And a few bodybuilders (who tailor their goals) choose to do cardio for cardiovascular work to prevent disease.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont know if it is true but I read that lifting heavy weights(In the 1-5rep range) conditions your heart the same as endurance running. This doesnt mean a powerlifter can run the mile in record time. It means there are different types of endurance. In my opinion I think I am healthy. I take my vitamins and eat my fiber and what not. Sounds like to me a lot of powerlifters have great diets. I am sure there are a select few that eat garbage, but overall I think powerlifters are healthier.

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Power Lifters have to be healthier...I mean they dont have to diet like bodybuilders, rep weights 10 to 30 times, tan, deprive themselves of all kinds of things and pretty much do whatever they want...so happy equals healthy right? lol

I love a power lifters diet. Awesome food selections. lol Like i said before, they both have pros and both have cons.
    www.Diplicious.com
    Co-Owner

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well...

It is true, however, that most powerlifters aren't superheavyweights, and that most of them have very healthy bodyfat percentages. ALL bodybuilders who compete, however, need to do a lot of yo-yo dieting, and see radical alterations in their body that just doesn't happen to powerlifters.
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

mr_wicked96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_wicked96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_wicked96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_wicked96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_wicked96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Both have pros and cons i guess, but the bottom line should be to eat as healthy as you can, and continue working out.