Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Contrastyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best time to eat healthy fats?

I'm currently on a cut and I'm just not sure when to take in healthy fats can anyone give me some input?

Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have them before my workout and with my bedtime meal.

Before workout for energy

Bedtime to slow absorption of protein throughout the night

Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hugeward View Post
    I have them before my workout and with my bedtime meal.

Before workout for energy

Bedtime to slow absorption of protein throughout the night
    I disagree with you

Definitely not pre-workout. Prebed is good.

Basically, anytime besides pre and post workout
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

"It's not who you know, it's who you blow"
    - Abraham Lincoln

Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hugeward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rigit23 View Post
    I disagree with you

why? They are energy.

consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500)
    4:12 Pm

Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    All meals besides PWO for me.

weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weave383 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can have healthy fats anytime you feel like it.

HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I was cutting I usually had healthy fats as soon as I woke up and before bedtime.

stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000) stoopid is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by consciouschef View Post
    4:12 Pm
    I disagree. 4:18 will give an extra 6 minutes for you to digest everything else so the fats will be easier to digest.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I disagree with you

I would agree partially... depends on the type of fat actually.

why? They are energy.
    Depending on what your goals are, fats like flax have anti-inflammatory Omega-3's and may be conterproductive to the inflammatory and immune response to exercise and subsequent protein synthesis. If you're going to eat fat pre or post training, opt for inflammatory arachidonic acid sources and minimize O-3's.

Some background...

Dietary fatty acids significantly effects prostaglandin production. Diets high in omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil, flax oil) decrease prostaglandin production. Diets high in omega-6 fatty acids (corn oil) increase prostaglandin production. Once again you have pros and cons with trying to manipulate PGF2a production with your diet. By increasing omega-3s, you get lower levels of PGF2a and probably a less intense stimulus of protein synthesis immediately after you workout. On the other hand by increasing omega-3s you reduce inflamation, pain, increase GLUT4 content, and a whole host of other factors related to cardiac risk. I don?t think its as clear cut as Dr. Sears (Zone Diet) would have you believe. Trying to manipulate the diet to control prostaglandin kinetics is fraught with complexity making black and white statements difficult to support.

As described earlier, resistance exercise causes trauma to skeletal muscle. The immune system responds with a complex sequence of immune reactions leading to inflammation (3). The purpose of the inflammation response is to contain the damage, repair the damage, and clean up the injured area of waste products.

The immune system causes a sequence of events in response to the injury of the skeletal muscle. Macro****es, which are involved in ****ocytosis (a process by which certain cells engulf and destroy microorganisms and cellular debris) of the damaged cells, move to the injury site and secrete cytokines, growth factors and other substances. Cytokines are proteins which serve as the directors of the immune system. They are responsible for cell-to-cell communication. Cytokines stimulate the arrival of lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and other healer cells to the injury site to repair the injured tissue (4).

The three important cytokines relevant to exercise are Interleukin-1 (IL-1), Interleukin-6 (IL-6), and tumor necrosis factor (TNF). These cytokines produce most of the inflammatory response, which is the reason they are called the ?inflammatory or proinflammatory cytokines? (5). They are responsible for protein breakdown, removal of damaged muscle cells, and an increased production of prostaglandins (hormone-like substances that help to control the inflammation).
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post

Depending on what your goals are, fats like flax have anti-inflammatory Omega-3's and may be conterproductive to the inflammatory and immune response to exercise and subsequent protein synthesis. If you're going to eat fat pre or post training, opt for inflammatory arachidonic acid sources and minimize O-3's.

[/size]

I have healthy fats before my workout. peanut butter and flaxseed oil and I do it for energy. Should I remove these from my preWO?

Here is my menu
    http://www.geocities.com/hugeward7/menu.html

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have healthy fats before my workout. peanut butter and flaxseed oil and I do it for energy. Should I remove these from my preWO?

Here is my menu
    You can take it or leave it... it's up to you in the end... Personally I wouldn't take flax (or at all for that matter since the ALA -> EPA/DHA conversion is horendously poor).
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

You can take it or leave it... it's up to you in the end... Personally I wouldn't take flax (or at all for that matter since the ALA -> EPA/DHA conversion is horendously poor).
    I agree the conversion is poor but thats now why I take it. I take it for its fat content.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree the conversion is poor but thats now why I take it. I take it for its fat content.
    That's cool, I grind them and add to my oatmeal. But you need to take a good source of EPA/DHA .....take fishoil as well. imo

Originally Posted by baarat View Post
    That's cool, I grind them and add to my oatmeal. But you need to take a good source of EPA/DHA .....take fishoil as well. imo
    yes. i take fish oil in the morning. I also do ground flaxseed in my oatmeal.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I disagree with you

x2

eat them throughout the day and avoid them before/after a workout because this is when you dont want a heavy stomach and the food to be absorbed and rushed through the body.

I don't know about most people but if you do take in fat before a workuot give it at least 60-90 minutes to proberly digest a bit or else you will feel sick

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    x2

eat them throughout the day and avoid them before/after a workout because this is when you dont want a heavy stomach and the food to be absorbed and rushed through the body.

I don't know about most people but if you do take in fat before a workuot give it at least 60-90 minutes to proberly digest a bit or else you will feel sick
    let me clarify.

I dont each much before a workout. my preworkout meal is 90 minutes before the workout. 90 minutes prior to the workout, I eat 6oz tuna, 10oz sweet potato and 3 whole eggs. I also have 1 TBLS of natty peanut butter. This is all 90 minutes prior to the workout.

30 minutes before the workout i have an orange and some dried apricots.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    let me clarify.

I dont each much before a workout. my preworkout meal is 90 minutes before the workout. 90 minutes prior to the workout, I eat 6oz tuna, 10oz sweet potato and 3 whole eggs. I also have 1 TBLS of natty peanut butter. This is all 90 minutes prior to the workout.

30 minutes before the workout i have an orange and some dried apricots.
    seems like a lot of protein about 50-60g of so, but if its working stick with it
    maybe try adding a piece of fruit in here for a bit of energy

but seeing you take this 90 minutes before how does this settle on your stomach?

what other fats do you take in during the day? whole eggs are a great source

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    seems like a lot of protein about 50-60g of so, but if its working stick with it
    maybe try adding a piece of fruit in here for a bit of energy

but seeing you take this 90 minutes before how does this settle on your stomach?

what other fats do you take in during the day? whole eggs are a great source
    Its 82g of protein 90 minutes prior to my 30 minute workout.

Here is my daily menu

EDIT: I just adjusted the menu. 82g is too high so I a few things around.
    Last edited by Hugeward; 02-03-2008 at 07:50 AM.

War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50) War_Nerve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Every feeding except for Pre and PWO.

Bulking from 175lbs-250lb bobbybuilder1's Avatar
    bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pre-bed I always eat the mainder of my healthy fats.

Some background...

Dietary fatty acids significantly effects prostaglandin production. Diets high in omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil, flax oil) decrease prostaglandin production. Diets high in omega-6 fatty acids (corn oil) increase prostaglandin production. Once again you have pros and cons with trying to manipulate PGF2a production with your diet. By increasing omega-3s, you get lower levels of PGF2a and probably a less intense stimulus of protein synthesis immediately after you workout. On the other hand by increasing omega-3s you reduce inflamation, pain, increase GLUT4 content, and a whole host of other factors related to cardiac risk. I don?t think its as clear cut as Dr. Sears (Zone Diet) would have you believe. Trying to manipulate the diet to control prostaglandin kinetics is fraught with complexity making black and white statements difficult to support.

As described earlier, resistance exercise causes trauma to skeletal muscle. The immune system responds with a complex sequence of immune reactions leading to inflammation (3). The purpose of the inflammation response is to contain the damage, repair the damage, and clean up the injured area of waste products.

The immune system causes a sequence of events in response to the injury of the skeletal muscle. Macro****es, which are involved in ****ocytosis (a process by which certain cells engulf and destroy microorganisms and cellular debris) of the damaged cells, move to the injury site and secrete cytokines, growth factors and other substances. Cytokines are proteins which serve as the directors of the immune system. They are responsible for cell-to-cell communication. Cytokines stimulate the arrival of lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and other healer cells to the injury site to repair the injured tissue (4).

The three important cytokines relevant to exercise are Interleukin-1 (IL-1), Interleukin-6 (IL-6), and tumor necrosis factor (TNF). These cytokines produce most of the inflammatory response, which is the reason they are called the ?inflammatory or proinflammatory cytokines? (5). They are responsible for protein breakdown, removal of damaged muscle cells, and an increased production of prostaglandins (hormone-like substances that help to control the inflammation).
    If you are interested in reading more about this, there is a great article written by Robbie Durand entitled "The Ultimate Muscle Diet: What's Good for Your Health May Not Be Good for Building Muscle" in the March '08 issue of FitnessRx for Men (the little brother of Muscular Development)

TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100) TXstatestudent is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you are interested in reading more about this, there is a great article written by Robbie Durand entitled "The Ultimate Muscle Diet: What's Good for Your Health May Not Be Good for Building Muscle" in the March '08 issue of FitnessRx for Men (the little brother of Muscular Development)
    before bed, few scoops of PB or almond butter fills me up, provides great fats for my macro's and gets me sleeeepy

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TXstatestudent View Post
    before bed, few scoops of PB or almond butter fills me up, provides great fats for my macro's and gets me sleeeepy
    You waited too long to answer this... the OP couldn't figure out when to eat his fats and diet of a vitamin & efa deficiency back in 2009 as a result of it. His death is pretty much on your hands for waiting 4 years to reply to this thread.

Joking aside you are clearly new here and possibly to forums in general and may not be familiar with etiquette... bumping threads that are more than one year old rather than just starting a new thread on the topic without good cause is considered to be in bad form.