Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Contest Preparation with Applied Neutriceuticals

Hiya, my name is Rosie. First let me tell you that this is going to be so much MORE than JUST a 'Supplement Log'. It's going to be following my preparation for my first Figure competition* in 2008 (and my first since I retired from cycling and decided to concentrate on bodybuilding for SERIOUS). Think of this first log as the 'Reference Log' if you will, since I am putting in my Meal/Supplement and Training Schedules (See further down), as I will refer to them in future logs. It will also be a LONG log, since it's the first!

CURRENT STATISTICS:
    Height - 156.6cm - i.e. 5'2"
    Body mass - 48kg - i.e. 105.6 pounds
    Bodyfat - 8.7%
    Height won't change at all. Body mass I DON'T want to get any LOWER, as it will mean that I have lost lean body mass if it does; but don't mind this getting HIGHER. Bodyfat percentage is what I will be looking at mostly, since this is the important thing here.

Currently I am 11 weeks out from the competition. Technically this is the time when competitors are following cutting diets and including practices like restricting calories, eliminating carbohydrates (CHO), and doing heaps of cardio (maybe a generalization, but you get the idea). However, because I am ALREADY lean, I'm not too concerned with losing that last 2-3% bodyfat (I have set my competition bodyfat goal at 6%. I don't know whether it is genetically possible for me to actually get that low, so really, the aim is to GET AS LOW AS I CAN, WHATEVER it may be!) until about about 4-6 weeks out from the competition. Instead I will be focussing on trying to GAIN some muscle in my upper body for a few weeks, in my lats and delts especially, whilst trying to MAINTAIN closer to ~8% bodyfat (YES, it IS possible to GAIN muscle whilst being that lean, although it IS a SLOW process, and will be VERY HARD being a FEMALE; which is fine, since I am not looking to gain excessive size). Crazy and completely unorthodox, I know, but I have never been one to stand in with the crowd!

Since I believe that supplements are NOT the most important part of any health and fitness regime, and should only be used to fill a NEED (or, in the case of a Figure/Fitness/Physique competitor whose diet and training are ALREADY designed to give them maximum results and who need that little 'extra edge'), and because, as an elite athlete I was always very careful about what I allowed into my body (a habit I kept, amongst others), I have, for the last 3 years, only used the basic minimum of a creatine product, protein powder, flaxseed oil, and a multivitamin (I also take a calcium supplement, since I do not eat a lot of dairy, and a vitamin C supplement). However, over the next 10 weeks I shall be adding several different supplements to my training/diet regime.

The supplements (kindly sponsored by Applied Neutriceuticals - See http://www.appnut.com/) that I will be using are:

1. DRIVE - I want to increase my muscle mass. However, even though when lifting heavy I still use fairly short (1-2 minutes maximum) recovery between sets, so that even if my resistance sessions aren't all high intensity, they are ALL HIGH DENSITY. DRIVE boosts stamina and endurance, increases muscle strength and speed; and promotes dense, permanent, lean muscle growth. It also reduces recovery time, as well as improving mood and stimulating motivation.

2. RPM - I am a very busy person (aren't we all?) with a hectic schedule, and for the last few months I have been 'crashing' between 1300-1600 most days, so I require something that will give me the alertness and energy that I need to keep going (this is especially important when I start back at full-time study in a few weeks). RPM provides clear, focussed energy, along with greater aggression towards training, to help increase strength, whilst also giving improved muscle hardness, pump, and vascularity. It also has a lipolytic effect on the body, which will help me maintain my leanness whilst adding size.

3. NEOVAR - It will replace the NFS Kre-Alkalyn that I have been using up until now. NEOVAR is a creatine ethyl ester that promotes increase in muscle cell volume, which means more intense pumps and hypertrophy. Creatine is also important for recovery, and recovery is ESSENTIAL for growth. (Please Note that because NEOVAR works most effectively when taken with ~50g CHO, my daily intake of CHO will INCREASE - usually pre-competition female competitors almost drastically DECREASE their CHO).

4. Lipotrophin-PM (L-PM) - Despite going to bed reasonably early, it usually takes me 2-3 hours to get to sleep, and when I DO eventually sleep, it is often broken and of poor quality, unless I am extremely shattered from hard training that day, and even then it is a black nothingness! I rarely sleep MORE than 4-5 hours in total, and sometimes due to study not at all (that's going to STOP this year; NOT good for recovery!), so that even after the sleep that I DO get, I often wake feeling completely fatigued, especially after a hard day's training the day before. L-PM promotes a deeper and more restful sleep, as well as eliminating drowsiness upon waking. It also eliminates cravings, which will make the 'dieting' closer to competition easier.

(Please Note that for the first week of this log I will also be using IGF-2 [since I have a small sample bottle]. IGF-2 promotes increases in muscle strength and size).

Although there are a few logs out there written by males on [some of] the Applied Neutriceuticals supplement products (in particular the DRIVE/RPM stack), I have only seen ONE by a female. And since males and females are physiologically different, I thought that it would be good to add another log by a FEMALE. This log will follow a complete DRIVE/RPM stack cycle of 12 weeks - 10 weeks on (the 10 weeks before I start my contest diet), and 2 weeks off (the week of my contest diet, and the week AFTER the competition, in which I shall have a COMPLETE week OFF resistance training altogether).

Each day that I log I will be making notes/comments on the following:
    Sleep - Time and Quality,
    Mental Alertness,
    Energy,
    Motivation,
    Mood,
    Endurance,
    Pump and Vascularity,
    Strength,
    Quality of Training,
    any changes in Body Composition and Look, and
    an Overall Sense of Feeling.

MEAL/SUPPLEMENT SCHEDULE

(Please Note that all doses and how they have been timed have been recommended by Dirk at Applied Neutriceuticals in order to get the maximum benefit from each supplement).

GYM DAYS
    0315: Wake
    0330: DRIVE (2)
    0430: 20 min Run
    0500: Drive (2) + RPM (2)
    0600: Resistance Session
    0645: NEOVAR (3)
    0715: Breakfast + Multivitamin + Calcium
    0930: Protein Shake
    1200: NEOVAR (3)
    1230: Lunch
    1500: Protein Shake
    1700: Dinner + Vitamin C 1000mg
    1915: L-PM (1)
    2000: Bed

NON-GYM DAYS
    0315: Wake
    0330: DRIVE (2) + RPM (1)
    0430: 20 min Run (EXCLUDES Sunday)
    0645: NEOVAR (3)
    0715: Breakfast + Multivitamin + Calcium
    0930: Protein Shake
    1130: NEOVAR (3)
    1200: Lunch
    1400: DRIVE (2)
    1500: Protein Shake
    1700: Dinner + Vitamin C 1000mg
    1915: L-PM (1)
    2000: Bed

TRAINING SCHEDULE (4 February - 2 March 2008)

This will be my training schedule for the next 4 weeks. Changes/tweaks will be made on a weekly basis in the gym in order to continue making progress, or as I see a need. From March I shall begin doing 2-3 fitness boxing sessions a week for cardio, as a change and instead of running so much; and my resistance training programme will change again (depending upon my development and weaknesses).

Monday: 20 min HIIT Run + 20-30 min Stretch + Quads/Shoulders/Abs
    Tuesday: 5.5km Run + 20-30 min Stretch + Triceps/Biceps
    Wednesday: 20 min HIIT Run + 20-30 min Stretch
    Thursday: 5.5km Run + 20-30 min Stretch + Hams/Glutes/Back
    Friday: 20 min HIIT Run + 20-30 min Stretch + Chest/Abs/Calves
    Saturday: 5.5km Run
    Sunday: DAY OFF

GYM PROGRAMMES

(Please Note that these have been written specifically for ME, for my weaknesses. Recovery time between each set is 30-60 seconds).

Quads/Shoulders/Abs:
    1. Barbell Front Squat (BB FS) 4 x 10-12
    2. Barbell Shoulder Press (BB SP) 4 x 10-12
    3. Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise (DB LR) 3-4 x 10-12
    4. Incline Lying Dumbbell Rear Raise (Inc DB RR) 3-4 x 10-12
    5. Abs - ~100 reps (i.e. 3-4 exercises @ 3 x 10-15 reps per exercise)

Triceps/Biceps:
    1. Dips 4 x 10-12
    2. Tricep Pushdown (TP/D) 4 x 10-12
    3. Ezy-Bar Preacher Curls (PC) 4 x 10-12
    4. Incline Dumbbell Concentration Curls (Inc DB CC) 4 x 10-12
    5. Cable Rope Superset Triceps/Biceps (i.e. down/up) 4 x 10-12

Hams/Glutes/Back:
    1. Barbell Romanian Deadlifts (BB RD) 4 x 10
    2. Alternate Leg Barbell Lunges forward onto a box (BBL) 4 x 12
    3. Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Down (WG LPD) 4 x 10-12
    4. Close-Grip Seated Row (CG SR) 4 x 10-12
    5. Close-Grip T-Bar Row (GC TR) 4 x 10-12
    6. Rope Pulldown 3-4 x 10-12 (stand further back, so using BACK NOT triceps)

Chest/Abs/Calves:
    1. Flat Barbell Bench Press (BB BP) 6 x 6-8
    2. Incline Barbell/Dumbbell Bench Press (Inc BB/DB BP) 6 x 6-8
    3. Flat/Incline Dumbbell Flyes (DBF) 4 x 10-12
    4. Abs - ~100 reps (i.e. 3-4 exercises @ 3 x 10-15 reps per exercise)
    5. Standing Calf Raise (SCR) 4 x 6-10

* The competition is the NZFBB Wellington Championships (19 April, 2008). For those of you who are not familiar with the NZFBB classes, their 'Figure' is NOT the equivalent of 'Fitness Model', as it in the WNBF, but is like a bodybuilding class (but withOUT the HUGE musce mass required by a 'Physique' competitor) with 3 rounds (quarter turns, compulsory posing, and a 60-second routine). It will be my 'warm-up' for the year, and be great for giving me an opportunity to practice my compulsory poses and routine for the WNBF 'Ms Fitbody' class (equivalent to NZFBB 'Figure'), which I am looking at competing in during October/November later this year (along with their 'Figure' class, since it is currently their only class that I can win a PRO card in).

Before I start, I want to thank Jammie and Applied Neutriceuticals for the opportunity to 'experiment' with their products to see if they support my needs. I have heard good things about Applied Neutriceuticals so far, and am keen to see what happens!
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-03-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Added in my GYM sessions.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am nothing short of impressed!

I will be checking in on you multiple times daily If you have any questions, ask away!
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance- it is the illusion of knowledge.

Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God. ~R.C. Sproul

Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just reviewed your updated pictures.....

Wow-Eeee......
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance- it is the illusion of knowledge.

Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God. ~R.C. Sproul

RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, can't wait to see what happens over the next few weeks (and after that too, of course, LOL)!

Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    I just reviewed your updated pictures.....

Wow-Eeee......
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In! Best of luck to you

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will be following your progress Guejsn
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by History in Effect View Post
    I will be following your progress Guejsn

Good Luck!!!
    *RCSS Rep*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series.html

Thanks all you guys! I can't wait to see what happens. Come in as hard and lean as possible (and WIN my comp, of course)!
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-03-2008 at 06:31 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great detail to the log. I'll be following your progress
    Owner of the Iron Mulisha
    www.TheIronMulisha.com
    john[@]theironmulisha.com

In for new Business opportunities.. message me or email

Well, I want others (especially the girls) to know how these products are working. And besides, when you get to the level that I want to be competing at (again, but yes, in a different sport, but I think it applies to EVERYTHING) then all the SMALL details count! Once the 'big' stuff is sorted, then you look to the small stuff, the finer detail that separates the best from the rest. I want to be one of the BEST! LOL

Originally Posted by Hack Squat Hicks View Post
    Great detail to the log. I'll be following your progress
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 1 - DRIVE (4), RPM (2), NEOVAR (6), IGF-2 (6), L-PM (1)

Right, so my new training programme began today. A complete rewrite of my resistance sessions, and back to doing only 4 days a week, and not the 5 I have done for the last 3 weeks. Today, however, is my 4th day in a row in the gym (did 3 of last week's days Friday to Sunday), so my body really hasn't had a proper chance to recover. However, unlike last week, when after EVERY session I got home tired and sore, today, I have yet to feel any physical fatigue or DOMS (it will come later, though, no doubt!). Since my sessions are VERY different to what I have been doing, it is hard to say whether or not any changes today are because of the change in programme, the better and longer sleep I had last night (I will come to that a bit later), the huge amount of CHO that I had last week (thanks to 6 days of binging), or the new supplements that I have started taking. At the end of the week, it shall become a little more clearer, as my body 'settles' into the new routine, and diet and sleep patterns return to 'normal' (well, normal for ME).

When I've posted this I go will back and add to my 'Reference Log' what my gym sessions are, so that I can just refer to them.

So, as for training today:

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minute warm-up (i.e. easy jogging), then 24 x 20 seconds sprint efforts [work]/10 seconds easy (i.e. just jogging at a pathetic pace), before finishing with 4 minutes easy jogging (or whatever my body decides to plod along at after all those sprints!). The sprints did not seem to take as long today - i.e. the 20 seconds was OVER before I realized for most of them, and sometimes I ended up doing 23-28 seconds instead of 20, which meant shorter recovery times, but my body handled it well! Also, my last sprints were just as 'strong' as my first, which is always a good sign

0600 - Quads/Shoulders/Abs:
    With the BB FS - I increased the weight here, and found it to be easy (despite having only done them yesterday), so I will be going up again next week. It's been a while since I've done BB SP, having used DB for the last few months. I was surprised to find that I could lift almost TWICE as much as I could since last time I did them. For DB LR and Inc DB RR I could lift 2-3kg MORE [per side] than I could last week (maybe because I was only doing 3 sets and not 12-16! Every gym session for the last 3 weeks I have been doing DB LR supersetted with almost EVERY set in 4 of my 5 sessions. Yes, crazy; no comment).

I will probably end up writing these logs at the end of the day, since, even though I have done all my training by 0700, I have only had DRIVE (4), RPM (2), NEOVAR (3) and IGF-2 (3) so far, with the rest later...But these are my comments so far:

Sleep - Time and Quality: Slept for 6 hours last night, and DIDN'T wake once, which is pretty UNusual for me. Last week left me pretty shattered training-wise, and the bad diet didn't help. But hey, this is GOOD. Will be interesting to see what happens when I start taking L-PM tonight.

Mental Alertness: Good, especially when training. No dizziness today.

Energy: Well, I wasn't bouncing around like an energizer bunny, but I wasn't dragging my feet either. So far, I have not felt fatigued; lets's see what happens come 1300-1600.

Motivation: Being able to lift heavier during my gym session made me look forward to tomorrow!

Mood: Definitely in a good mood. Quietly 'happy' with how things have gone so far.

Endurance: Same as usual. I always manage. Maybe this has more to do with the fact that I will push myself to complete whatever it is that I have decided I am going to do that day, regardless?

Pump and Vascularity: Arms looked really good, for some reason. Usually I have quite high vascularity in the gym (probably because I am lean and also because it gets hot!), but today it was extreme, especially in my forearms and hands, and stayed that way, and still is now, even though today is not particularly warm at all.

Strength: Felt strong. Like I could have done way more sets than I did. But let's not get TOO excited!

Quality of Training: High. Loved it. Very happy with BOTH sessions today!

Body Composition and Look: Looking a little bloated from 6 days of binging, but you can still see my abs and my arms are looking the 'thickest' and 'fullest' that they have been.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Great.

On another note, another way I will 'record' my progress is through my bloods, which I get done weekly. The reason: I have alpha thalassaemia trait (2 gene deletion). Alpha thalassaemia trait is a genetic blood disorder that affects the body's ability to create red blood cells (RBC). Oxygen is transported through the blood via haemoglobin (Hb). With alpha thalassaemia trait (2 gene deletion) there is a cis deletion of 2 alpha loci on some chromosomes, which means that instead of having 4 alpha globin on the Hb chain, I only have 2. Alpha thalassaemia trait (2 gene deletion) permits nearly normal erythropoiesis, but I will always have a mild microcytic hypochromatic anaemia. I am, however, NOT iron deficient, although I often have the symptoms of anaemia. Regular bloods allows me to see any effects that training (or lack of) and diet are having on my body. And besides, it's interesting to see how they change on a weekly basis.

Currently my blood statistics (that I will follow in this log) are:
    RBC: 5.7 x 10E12/L (Normal range 3.9-5.5)
    Hb: 117 g/L (Normal range 115-155)
    My Hb levels are usually between 102-112 g/L. Training, however, INCREASES them, but only if I am doing 5 or more days a week (includes all types of training, but most probably cardio). However, this means that my RBC goes ABOVE normal levels, to compensate for the increase in Hb.

The other thing that I will also use to 'track' my progress (and this is probably more to do with my endurance/cardio) is my resting heart rate, which I take every morning. Currently it is 36 beats per minute (bpm). It doesn't take long to go down, and by the competition, it should be back down between 28-32 bpm.

Ok, so another long log. It won't be happening when I start back at study, LOL.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-03-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dang, this is some good detail for a log
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

I refuse to let this thread slip to page 2

Day 1 cont.

Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    I refuse to let this thread slip to page 2
    OK...LOL...

Right, now for the second part of today's log:.

Mental Alertness: Was great all morning. Got some quality 'study' done, and was actually taking most of it in! Once I got dizzy and 'crashed' about 1350, it dropped a little and I couldn't concentrate too well (must've been all that reading, LOL)...But as soon as I was woken up my mind was away at a hundred miles an hour again. It's actually very HARD for my mind to be 'quiet'...

Energy: I was bright and perky, right up until 1350, and then it was sudden headache, lightheadedness, and bang, crash. So I went to bed, for my granny nap, LOL. I'm a very light sleeper, and wake to almost everything (with the exception of when I am so absolutely shattered that you could be throwing me around, literally - and it HAS been done! - that I wouldn't wake up), and got rudely awoken at 1425 by a text (yes, you know who you are! Grrr...). Anyways, for some reason I was suddenly in a VERY aggressive mood. Like, wow, I felt almost angry for some reason, and wanted to beat the crap out of SOMETHING... Is this what you guys mean when you refer to the 'Alpha Male' mentality?...I haven't felt like that in ages! When I do I usually do a boxing session with the bag, or go out and do something physical to get rid of all the aggression (and frustration). As it was, my body was pretty physically fatigued and I don't know how well I would have done ANYTHING, so I put some soothing music on and just lay there. It seriously took me 2 hours after that to 'calm down'. And after that, well, I'm back to 'normal' mood (if you can say that I have a normal mood; usually I'm like bouncing off the walls or very serious and quiet). But man, I get scary when I'm in that mood; I don't even like to be around myself when I get like that! However, about 1700, right before dinner, my body felt great again, like I could go out and do a run or a gym session (not that I will; see, I AM learning!).

Motivation: Good. Hope some of that aggression comes back for my gym session tomorrow. There's nothing like aggression (and people telling me to 'slow down' and 'take it easy', LOL) to make me push myself to my physical limits.

Mood: See "Energy" above.

Pump and Vascularity: The vascularity in my arms has stayed all day, so far. I'm even noticing the veins in my lower abdomen coming out too! I also noticed, when I was just lying there in bed this afternoon, that I was VERY AWARE of the veins and the blood pumping through my forearms and hands. You know how you get pins and needles? Well, forget the pins; it felt like the blood was needles flowing through my arms. Is that like, normal?

Overall Sense of Feeling: Apart from the crash, and that strange mood, still great...

Man, I almost feel like I'm popping pills right, left, and centre! I have alarms set for all dose times, and meal/supplement schedules up over the house, so that I DON'T forget to take them! But I'll get used to it by the end of the week, so no worries

And that's me out for today...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-03-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

yeah, RPM gives you a killer pump and veins big as garden hoses
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Excellent detail- looking forward to this one!
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

MS Exercise Science/Sport Nutrition Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina

Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

**I do not answer pm's- please e-mail me @ dirk@appnut.com with any questions**

yeah, RPM gives you a killer pump and veins big as garden hoses
    That feeling was NOTHING like the pump I get in the gym, man; it was something ELSE altogether. Ah, well, it wasn't Uncomfortable, so I can get used to it!

Also, has anyone else who's used these supplements get really thirsty? I mean, I drink over a galleon a day every day no problems, but for some reason I wanted to drink all the time and had had my galleon by 1230 yesterday!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    That feeling was NOTHING like the pump I get in the gym, man; it was something ELSE altogether. Ah, well, it wasn't Uncomfortable, so I can get used to it!

Also, has anyone else who's used these supplements get really thirsty? I mean, I drink over a galleon a day every day no problems, but for some reason I wanted to drink all the time and had had my galleon by 1230 yesterday!
    I did not notice that when I had a two-day sample of Drive and RPM. I tend to drink 1 to 2 gallons a day though.
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

I did not notice that when I had a two-day sample of Drive and RPM. I tend to drink 1 to 2 gallons a day though.
    Must just be me then. I FORCED myself to stop drinking at 1930, though, since I didn't want to be up and down all night to the bathroom, LOL, and since drinking more than 7 litres of water a day can be uncomfortable even at the best of times!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Must just be me then. I FORCED myself to stop drinking at 1930, though, since I didn't want to be up and down all night to the bathroom, LOL, and since drinking more than 7 litres of water a day can be uncomfortable even at the best of times!
    Gosh, that is a lot of water. I like water, but not that much.
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

Day 2 - DRIVE (4), RPM (2), NEOVAR (6), IGF-2 (6), L-PM (1)

Right, so looks like I will be logging twice a day until I start back at study. Which is ok, since at the moment I'm working nights. And that means I have ALL day (great chance to recover!) to fill in for a couple more weeks...

0430 - 5.5km Run:
    It was cold and wet and windy (strong SE, and started off into the headwind) this morning. Started off well, and finished well. I do a 5.5km loop (round the block pretty much). Average was 4.2 min/km, which is better than last week's averages of 4.5-4.7 min/km over the same distance. Not very fast, I know, but hey, I'm not training for running. I would like to be getting down to around 3.8 min/km by comp time, though, seeing as I used to do that as a 10-year-old! Cadence was fast, with small strides, which is a bit of a change from the usual 'loping' along that I do. I felt a bit wired, actually, so maybe that's why. So, a good run.

0600 - Triceps/Biceps:
    I changed the TP/D to DB French Press (DB FP), since I'd prefer to stick to more 'compound' exercises, and am not really a fan of cables, unless I really need to. Besides my cable superset included them. Please Note that Inc DB CC was actually supposed to be DB Bicep Curls (Inc DB BC); my bad. Right, so, for Dips, since I actually had a rep range, and wasn't just doing 6 x as many reps as possible, like I have been doing for the last month or so, I added some weight, which was more of a challenge trying to HOLD on to than doing the dips themselves (I will have to use a belt or something and hang a plate from it next time, instead of trying to grip a DB between my feet). Again, for all exercises, weights used were heavier than I have been lifting. Everything just seemed so effortless. My forearms DID 'hurt' though, during and after the cable superset.

Sleep - Time and Quality: I 'woke up' at ~1700 yesterday afternoon. Took my L-PM at 1915. Didn't start to get tired again until just before 2130. And didn't get to sleep until ~2230! However, sleep was unbroken last night. Woke up at 0308, feeling great. So, ~4.5 hours of deep sleep.

Mental Alertness: Wired since I had my first dose of Drive at 0330.

Energy: Full of energy today...So far...

Motivation: Having to move to heavier weights in the gym was extremely motivating. I kept gritting my teeth and pushing for more!

Mood: VERY GOOD. It always is after a great gym session!

Endurance: Always good.

Pump and Vascularity: Incredible pump in the gym, especially in my triceps and forearms, more my forearms than anything. Didn't feel much in my biceps though; need to concentrate on the mind-muscle connection more there. Forearms felt rock solid when I'd finished, and still do. Vascularity was even better than yesterday! The veins were really popping out, and could see both my brachial and cephalic veins coming down my biceps as well, and not JUST in my lower arms and hands.

Strength: Increase in weight lifted says it all.

Quality of Training: Good. Both in run and gym session. Very pleased, especially with the gym.

Body Composition and Look: No longer bloated. My arms are definitely BIGGER than last week, and NOT from fat, surprisingly enough, despite last week's binging, as my flexed girth is greater, while my relaxed is the same. Arms look and feel fuller and are starting to look HARDER. Starting to see the separation in my anterior deltoids. My left side is WAY BETTER than my right though, as far as seeing definition.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Good. I'm beginning to feel comfortable again (clean eating just feels soooo much better than cheating, although the cheating tastes great at the time).

Have noticed that my libido has also been elevated, but usually it has been when I am my most 'tired'. Not like I have anyone to play with anyways, LOL.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-04-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to add my training times in.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Feedback from today

Rosie give yourself more credit than that as far as your running ability. You were in the 21 minute 5K range. That's great. I'm hoping to break 24. You are developing a world class body, and if you wanted to you could get back to being world class in cardio. Keep going strong, you are doing great.
    Were all in this race together, the human race

Originally Posted by VT dad View Post
    Rosie give yourself more credit than that as far as your running ability. You were in the 21 minute 5K range. That's great. I'm hoping to break 24. You are developing a world class body, and if you wanted to you could get back to being world class in cardio. Keep going strong, you are doing great.
    Thanks for your faith in me I guess we are all our harshest critics!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 2 cont.

Part II:

Mental Alertness: The only time when my head was not clear and focussed was from 1504-1638, when I was out for the count. As soon as I woke up, and got out of bed at 1642, that mental clarity was back!

Energy: I lasted a whole full hour MORE than yesterday, not crashing until 1455. (Maybe because I was busy up until then and after lunch I went for a walk for an hour to fill in time). I had my protein shake and then went to bed at 1504, where I was pretty much asleep when my head hit the pillow, and woke at 1638. On waking I felt completely REFRESHED, though. I still have no DOMS, or any sign of having DONE a gym session yesterday (maybe my legs and shoulders are too used to it? Or maybe it will be Thursday or Friday when I feel it, as it sometimes is 4-5 days LATER that the DOMS sets in, especially after I've done legs). My arms, though, I can feel THEM. But it's good, means that they worked HARD, which they damn well did today!

Motivation: Still highly motivated. I woke up wanting to eat a whole chocolate cake, but I did ENOUGH of that LAST week, and am determined to see these next 12 weeks out withOUT a cheat meal of ANY kind! Increasing my complex CHO should help a little with that.

Mood: I got a little 'flat' around 1400, right up until I crashed. But now I'm all good. Smiling.

Pump and Vascularity: Still got great vascularity and pump in my arms, although my forearms have 'softened' slightly and the pump isn't as great as it was this morning (which is to be expected so long AFTER a gym session!).

Body Composition and Look: There is NO hint of ANY bloating now, and I feel leaner than I did this morning. Weird. I look it too, and my pants are back to falling OFF me, LOL.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Still great. Amazed at how little last week's binging affected me! All it seems to have done is help me add some muscle (and let's be honest, probably some fat too, since someone my size CAN'T get away with eating 8000+ calories a day 6/7 days in a row and NOT gain SOME fat, even being as active as I am!).

Small increase in libido around midday today. Had also drank 4.5 litres of water by 1230. Apart from that, nothing to add, and looking forward to tomorrow! No gym session, but got a HIIT Run at 0430.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great detail here Rosie and should make for a fascinating read over the next few weeks. Your resting heart rate freaked me out...and your running is very impressive. Go hard...

Smile

Originally Posted by matoatoa View Post
    great detail here Rosie and should make for a fascinating read over the next few weeks. Your resting heart rate freaked me out...and your running is very impressive. Go hard...
    Freaked you out HOW? Being so low? Don't worry, I'm NOT going to die or anything! Think it's just from all the cycling training that I used to do, and now it just goes down really low and fast when I train endurance/cardio again. Or maybe I just have bradychardia or something, since just sitting here or after walking around it will only be about 46bpm? I'm not as fit as I'd like to be LOL

Good to have you on board, too
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    very complete log.. good job

The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Hi Rosie!

Awesome log! Looking forward to see your results.
    Treat every day as if it were your last!
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com
    www.appnut.com

Day 3 - DRIVE (4), RPM (1), NEOVAR (6), IGF-2 (6), L-PM (1)

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minute warm-up, then 24 x 20 seconds work/10 seconds easy, before finishing with 4 minutes easy jogging. SE wind again. It was nippy to start with, but I warmed up once I began my work efforts. Maybe it's just running in the dark (or not), but I felt like I was flying today (got to love that!). All bar one of my sprints were AWESOME and I felt strong and fast. During the last 3 sprints there was a sharp pain in my right anterior shoulder, but it went once I eased into my 'cool-down' jog.

Sleep - Time and Quality: I started to get a little 'tired' around 2130, but did not get to sleep until~2330! Got ~3.5 hours sleep, but it was unbroken and deep, and I awoke alert.

Mental Alertness: Very alert. But then again, it's only 0530!

Energy: Got loads at the moment. Even my sprinting didn't seem to take that much out of me!

Motivation: High. Feeling great after yesterday and resisting the urge to binge!

Mood: High. Today could be one of those days when I am in a 'silly, happy' mood.

Endurance: High.

Pump and Vascularity: Still have unbelievable vascularity in forearms/lower arms. Calves (not surprising after a run) have visible veins too.

Strength: N/A really.

Quality of Training: Very good. My 10th sprint ended after 16 seconds, but then again, quite a few were 23-28 seconds so...

Body Composition and Look: Upper body is looking leaner, as well as around my 'Adonis Belt'.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Feeling pretty good right now. My anterior deltoids I could feel as I was running (from Shoulders on Monday in the gym?), but apart from that I have no other muscular aches or DOMS (yet).

Note: I have changed some of my early morning meal/supplement times on NON-GYM days, to look like this:
    0530: NEOVAR (3)
    0600: Breakfast + Multivitamin + Calcium supplements
    0900: Protein Shake
    Because waiting 2 hours after I've finished my run is just STUPID (since glucose uptake into the muscle is at its peak during the first 60 minutes after exercise). Plus, it means less time waiting until I can eat!
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-05-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added in meal changes.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Consistency

It's amazing how consistently you are putting together outstanding efforts. The details you tell make me feel like I'm right there with you. Keep fighting those urges to binge. Keep moving forwards.
    Were all in this race together, the human race