Thread: Wrist Sprain!

aarong89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist Sprain!

i been working out for about 8 months and have gained 2 stone mostly muscle. Im in process of loosing body fat whilst keeping the muscle bulk ( high weights low reps with fat burn running)

I was in the gym last monday and noticed my wrist was a bit stiff. I thought nothing of it and carried on. The next day i noticed that i couldn't really lift anything. I've been resting the wrist ever since which is really hard since i want to be toned up before summer

I can do everyday things with the hand now but i cant lift anything of a substantial weight!

It's really starting to annoy me because i don't want to start loosing my hard earnt muscle mass.

How long before i can start lifting again? and more importantly how long before i start to loose muscle?

Thanks For your help

jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you might find it is either, form with your exercise or a particular exercise that you are doing that is irritating it.
    I had the same problem with raised feet on a bench,doing press ups.Used to get really bad pains in my wrists, and my elbow.

Once i stopped doing them, the pain went away and have had no probs since.

Look back and see if there is a pattern. If not u may need to take a visit to the docs.
    "Success in anything that seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving.
    They make mistakes but don't quit. They hang on after others have let go".

aarong89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No iv just managed to sprain my wrist and was wondering how long it will take before i can go back to heavy lifting, as i can perform everyday activities fine (after a week)

was also wondering how long before i start to loose the muscle i have put on?

bigphil205 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when your wrist is sprained it will take awhile. i didnt sprain mine from lifting but hyperextended it during a bike accident. i just lifted through the pain for a few months which probably wasnt the right thing to do, but after taking glucosamine/msm/chondrioten pills for 2-3 months the joint clicking during movement and pain went away.

i still can get some pain if i have bad wrist form during bench or flat bar bicep curls. certain lifts strain the wrist alot more, you may have to take it easier on those for awhile.

onion27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

I just sprained my left wrist this afternoon while I was working out. I was doing preacher reverse arm curls, I lifted too much weight to gain muscle on my forearms, but I screwed it up..went to the doc, took X-ray & stuff, he told me its just a sprain(but I heard the ligment ripping noise,during the workout), he told me not to lift any weights for 2 weeks...damn. I have been working out for 2 months & gained 2 pounds MUSCLE..now I got to wait for 2 weeks.. so my question is would I be able to lift weights after 2 weeks..? I mean I have a brace now & I could do all normal things except twisting my wrist in clock/anti-clock wise direction...