12eck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 12eck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When do your bones stop growing?

I think i have the smallest wrists ever, is there any way i can make them bigger? I know it can't grow as much as muscle. I might be too old for my bones to grow, but at what age do bones stop growing?

Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 12eck
    I think i have the smallest wrists ever, is there any way i can make them bigger? I know it can't grow as much as muscle. I might be too old for my bones to grow, but at what age do bones stop growing?
    My mother, oh god I just said my mom on a BB forum, is a registered nurse so I threw this question her direction. She said most men stop growing around 25, and women around 21. She has been a RN for over 20 years, so she is USUALLY spot on with questions such as these.

Josh

JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stonecoldtruth
    My mother, oh god I just said my mom on a BB forum, is a registered nurse so I threw this question her direction. She said most men stop growing around 25, and women around 21. She has been a RN for over 20 years, so she is USUALLY spot on with questions such as these.

Josh
    Josh's mother is dead-on correct!

12eck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 12eck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks! Im 23. I guess i still have a very slim chance for my wrists to grow!

swillybogs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swillybogs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swillybogs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swillybogs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swillybogs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swillybogs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swillybogs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your basic bone structure may be finished by age 25, but bones don't stop changing. Your bones adapt to how they are treated. The more stress/ trauma (to a point) placed on bones, the bigger/stronger they come. That being said, it is unrealistic to expect to change the size of your wrists from bone growth. You may be able to thicken up the tissue with lots of forarm excercises.

On the up side, skinny wrists make your forarms look bigger!

indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indecent_x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're correct in assuming that the bones never actually stop growing, bones actually change their shape quite a bit over the years. The reason the bones change is because stress creates tiny fractures in the bone and as your body repairs them the bones get bigger. It's however unlikely too increase bone size to where you can actually notice it.

halobobx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by indecent_x View Post
    You're correct in assuming that the bones never actually stop growing, bones actually change their shape quite a bit over the years. The reason the bones change is because stress creates tiny fractures in the bone and as your body repairs them the bones get bigger. It's however unlikely too increase bone size to where you can actually notice it.
    What exercises can you do to make your wrists bigger? also does HGH help?

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by halobobx View Post
    i dont believe u can enlarge the wrists to any significant extent using conventional methods. reason is there is no muscle there, only tendons crossing the joint. tendons can thicken but only slightly, compared to muscle which can increase significantly in cross section.

yes hgh is prolly the only way u can significantly increase tissue deposit in this area.
    but at 20yrs old u will not be able to obtain this legally in most western countries.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by halobobx View Post
    if you use hgh at this point, all you will do is increase the size of your jaw and get a massive bloated gut. don't go there, it's too late for that and isn't worth it.

working out will increase your bone density, which may affect the size of your wrists slightly. but next time you see a hugely fat person, look at their wrists. they are still pretty thin compared to the rest of them.

as swillybogs said, it doesn't matter that your wrists are small. when your forearms grow, they will look hyooge because of your wrists.

these 2 images show all of the muscles and tendons in your hand. as you can see, your wrist is little more than a tube for tendons. there isn't anything there to grow.

Crede quod habes, et habes.
    Believe that you have it, and you have it.