Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000)
    Osgood Schlatters sucks ass...I had that so damn bad when I was 13-15...i just turned 17 in November. I couldn't do ****. The bottom of my knees stuck out and ****. I played basketball with 2 big ass knee braces and could only play for 5 minutes at a time. They are still sore sometimes but I am almost done growing now.

but anyway....I have done squats a few times, but I can never get the bar in the right place. It hurts like hell no matter where I put it. People just tell me that I need to add soem mass to my traps so it isnt just sitting on bone. But that cant be true because soem of my friends do them all the time and they are a lot smaller than me. I am still small at 162 pounds, but they are like 140 pounds. I don't get it.
    I want to do squats becaus I want to get my legs cought up with everything else. I need help
    And also what is a hack squat? Are they as effective as reg. squats and since I cant do reg. squats could I do them????

hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

wow

thanks a lot for the info fresch....i have learned a lot about squats from this posts as far as being injury free goes.....i think all the probs i have been having with squats can be eliminated now taht i read this post.
    hopper

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I sit the bar on the bony part of my shoulder blades, below the bump in my neck!
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000)
    One pre-cautionary technique I've employed is higher rep squats.
    I pick a weight I can get 12-15 with and I go for 20. I avoid the feeling of compression in my spine and I also can truly use good form. I've got very strong legs but a torso that makes it uncomfortable to hold a lot of weight.
    The 20 rep set to failure is extremely intense.

Also note: The overall risk of injury over time is higher with the leg press and especially the hack squat.
    pb

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    see the thing that limits my squatting weight is the compression in my lower back... i did 180 last time- my legs could easily have put out 20 reps with that...but my back was hurting and the psychological effect that has is to make me stop when my legs arent tired yet...pisses me the f*ck off....

heres what i think i might be doing wrong
    at the bottom of the rep, when im coming up, my spine is kinda pushed forward...so i end up with a lot of pressure on my lower back...but im pretty sure i tried to keep it straight though

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As I said...learn about improving your "core "stability"..it has an amazing effect on your squatting ability and lessening that compressive feel!

If you don't know what I am talking about, let me know (private message maybe) and I'll give you further info.

I may need to send you a large e-mail so send an e-mail addy if you want the info!
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Bob Barker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bob Barker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Have you tried front squats, that will isolate your quads more, and is better for your back. Leg ext. will put less stress on your back, as well as hacks. Lunges are always fun too.

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    God it was fun reading that post, like a damn soap opera....

peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i jsut happened to run across this post( i must have missed it)..... guys listen to fresch on this subject... what he is saying is true.