pr0xy122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how should i feel after workout?

I started working my legs out really hard and now I feel my legs still aching a bit 2 or 3 days after my workout, this never used to happen. is that ok?

sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had my legs hurt for 6 days after some rather extreme workouts. If you can still walk after leg day, you're not doing it right.

itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some work outs you'll feel more sore and feel sore longer than others. Especially on days where you go up in weight.

Registered Foam Roller BigChamp89's Avatar
    BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigChamp89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

you should not feel real tired and sore after a workout

you shouldn't feel really tired and sore after a workout, fuk what anyone tells you about having to be dragged out blah blah blah after a intense workout, you should not be extremely exhusted.

sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    you shouldn't feel really tired and sore after a workout, fuk what anyone tells you about having to be dragged out blah blah blah after a intense workout, you should not be extremely exhusted.
    I hope this is a joke bro.

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sgermann View Post
    I hope this is a joke bro.
    no it's not (no sarcasm )

68Anthony68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 68Anthony68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 68Anthony68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha, you should walk down stairs and if you almost fall down, then you did a good job. I've had sore legs for days, before after a workout. Its a nice feeling.
    SHUT UP AND SQUAT!

EAT BIG TO BE BIG

mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me every leg work out is the same.. The day after is kind of sore, the second day after is terrible, and then its pretty good for the next few days until you can't feel it anymore and then you do it all over.. I half enjoy the soreness now..
    -Cutting Group April-
    (April 1st... No fooling)

lol ok thanks, i was just asking because all my other muscles recover really fast.

Originally Posted by mylesevans View Post
    For me every leg work out is the same.. The day after is kind of sore, the second day after is terrible, and then its pretty good for the next few days until you can't feel it anymore and then you do it all over.. I half enjoy the soreness now..
    It's called DOMS or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. I personally only experience this with legs.

mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mylesevans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's called DOMS or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. I personally only experience this with legs.
    Thanks, I didn't realize there was a term for it.. guess I'll Google it for some info. I only experience it for legs as well, and sometimes with the chest if I go for my max.
    -Cutting Group April-
    (April 1st... No fooling)

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You will feel sore after a good workout ESPECIALLY if its your first leg work out in a while.

Make sure you stretch afterwards as that will help a lot with soreness.

Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Torkyn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    X2, gotta love the feeling but
    "obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

'Wake me up inside,
    tell me theres a reasons,
    to take another stab,
    to get up off my knees and
    follow this path of most resistance,
    wherever it takes us,
    whatever it faces and
    wherever it leads'
    Rise Against - Under the Knife

exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    depends what bodyparts

legs and back will give me the most pain and longest lasting soarness.... abs makes me feel vomity

from the maker of giants IronAddict

Should you be beat up after training?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should you be beat up after training?

Often a new training client will tell me something to the effect that “it felt like I could have done more”, or “I usually feel beat to hell after lifting, and I don’t now, should I be doing more?”

In most cases, the simple answer is no, your gym sessions should not leave you feeling like a used rubber when you walk out of the gym and hours afterwards. This is GENERALLY a sign that you are doing too much, doing your lifts with too much intensity, or a combination of both. It is often a sign that the trainee is in really poor overall condition and needs some GPP work. Raise your overall conditioning level and the workload that beat you into the floor often becomes a good sensible hard workout that is still extremely hard to do, but doesn’t leave you feeing like something the cat drug in when completed.

The guys that tell you how beat to hell they are after every session are USUALLY the guys that stay stuck at the same size and strength levels for eons, or guys that have absolute fantastic recovery ability. Each set should be hard as hell to do, but the combined total of them all should not be pounding you into the ground or the loading/intensity is probably too high.

Now of course there are exceptions to this, leg day leaves most people pretty beat, but that beat feeling should not last for hours unless you are doing high-rep leg-work. And yes, its totally possible and probable that most any trainee can go to the gym, and do nothing more than warm-ups and then one ALL-OUT 20 rep set of squats, and absolutely be pounded into submission, immediately, and for hours after. That is the nature of the beast. But for MOST people, with AVERAGE recovery ability, even leg day should be structured whereby not too many sets are done, or the sets are done at an intensity level that still leaves you feeling human when done.

I know this opinion isn’t popular in some circles, and many, if not most trainees always try to ensure they are totally spent before leaving the gym, but it is more often than not counterproductive. If you slowly increase the volume/intensity over time, many can build up to workloads that would have crippled them previously, while many hardgainers will find they are only able to increase volume and intensity a little bit before training is adversely effected.

And lest anyone think I am stating that it’s impossible to progress while killing yourself in the gym every session, that is not the case at all. Many do great like this, but the chances of you being one of those people are quite frankly not all that great. If you want to train like that, make sure you periodize your training, allowing times for recovery. Regardless of what you may believe you cannot push your body full-throttle every session in the long-term. If you truly think so, I think you are either not training as hard as you think you are, or are not making anywhere near the progress you are capable of.

Iron Addict

eh interesting, another question? if i still feel from my last workout it wouldnt be wise to repeat the same workout?

Brister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get glutamine in ur diet, U can buy them at any supplement store, I take them on a daily basis, and I am rarely sore the day after.

LifesaBitchImItsPlayer foxrider1's Avatar
    foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah im sore, its at its worst on the second day after
    FOLLOW MY JOURNAL!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=278754281#post278754281

KeepUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From I was told. Muscle beomes sore when you don't breathe in enough oxygen when your working out. So the body does this anaerobic thingy where it produces energy without using oxygen. It creates this liquid thingy in your body and makes you feel sore.