Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question 100 crunches every day !!

Guys what do you think about Step 3 of this "eHow" article on how to get abs?
    Is it really healthy to exercise abs daily and 100s of times?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2177270_abs-...ose-plans.html
    if there is a will, there is a way

therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I disagree with the article.

You should do 300 a day.
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by therorschach View Post
    I disagree with the article.

You should do 300 a day.
    No u got it all wrong man 300 twice a day...LoL
    I DO REP BACK (HONEST.....LoL)

MY CURRENT STACK

Syntha 6
    Xtend

EAT, LIFT & EAT SOME MORE AND THEN SLEEP AND PRAY TO THE LORD THAT YOUR FOLKS GAVE U GOOD GENETICS.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kabtq9s View Post
    Guys what do you think about Step 3 of this "eHow" article on how to get abs?
    Is it really healthy to exercise abs daily and 100s of times?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2177270_abs-...ose-plans.html
    100 a day really isnt that much....
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigash50 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    100 a day really isnt that much....
    R U FOR REAL...NEGGED

AS MY SIG SAYS I WILL NEG FOR BAD ADVICE!!!

MY CURRENT STACK

Syntha 6
    Xtend

EAT, LIFT & EAT SOME MORE AND THEN SLEEP AND PRAY TO THE LORD THAT YOUR FOLKS GAVE U GOOD GENETICS.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bigash50 View Post
    R U FOR REAL...NEGGED

but it's really not that much, high frequency for abs is great IMO, for strength it's hard to beat training the abs nearly every training session (every day if you can) but with lower reps and heavier weight, 100 a day will be good for endurance, if the OP wants to see his abs however it's probably an issue of diet.

- Stizzel

irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10) irule is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    guys I am not joking here.. I am seriously looking for an answer... I have been struggling with finding an ab routine that would work with me... thanks in advance !!

guys I am not joking here.. I am seriously looking for an answer... I have been struggling with finding an ab routine that would work with me... thanks in advance !!
    what do you want an ab routine for.

ab strength?
    ab endurance?
    just to see the abs?

what do you want?

- Stizzel

but it's really not that much, high frequency for abs is great IMO, for strength it's hard to beat training the abs nearly every training session (every day if you can) but with lower reps and heavier weight, 100 a day will be good for endurance, if the OP wants to see his abs however it's probably an issue of diet.
    High reps yes, but not every day, its just obvious that any muscle group needs sufficent time to recover

MY CURRENT STACK

Syntha 6
    Xtend

mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000) mtime15 is just really nice. (+1000)
    decline sit-ups,bike cardio,running cardio,deadlifts,weighted decline situps,and there are some good ab machines out there (not like the bowflex or that crap,like cybex stuff)

Hey man, sorry for earlier, i recommend doing abs twice a week with a couple of days rest in between.

Choose 2/3 excersises for high reps, also get you diet in check cos unless your low on BF u wont see abs.

Hope this helps.

MY CURRENT STACK

Syntha 6
    Xtend

High reps yes, but not every day, its just obvious that any muscle group needs sufficent time to recover
    abs recovery very quickly, I believe upper back, forearms, abs, probably calves too can be trained everyday and still recover in time for your next training session.

- Stizzel

abs recovery very quickly, I believe upper back, forearms, abs, probably calves too can be trained everyday and still recover in time for your next training session.
    Yes i agree abs do recover quickly but the op was asking 100 reps everday, where is the recovery time with this?

P.S Upper back everyday no rest days...CMON!!!!

MY CURRENT STACK

Syntha 6
    Xtend

Yes i agree abs do recover quickly but the op was asking 100 reps everday, where is the recovery time with this?

like I said 100 reps of crunches really isn't that much to recover from.

pullups everyday is a great way to get better at pullups and gain some great muscle density too, you'll probably **** yourself if you saw the way many professional olympic lifters train (poland's lifters for instance train twice a day every day, that's snatch, clean&jerk, front or back squat every session; leonid taranenko (first and so far only man to clean and jerk 586 in comp) back squatted every day in training to get to an 836lbs 2 second pause back squat, he stopped front squatting after he got a 660 front squat).

- Stizzel

what do you want an ab routine for.

ab strength?
    ab endurance?
    just to see the abs?

what do you want?
    I want all of them !!! especially seeing them.

I have been doing weighted (10lbs) decline situps and crunches, 3 sets of 12 reps for each exercise, as well as weighted oblique extensions with 50lbs ... but I don't feel a thing the next day. I am 6.2 and wight 190lbs, have a flat stomach but no abs visible

like I said 100 reps of crunches really isn't that much to recover from.

pullups everyday is a great way to get better at pullups and gain some great muscle density too, you'll probably **** yourself if you saw the way many professional olympic lifters train (poland's lifters for instance train twice a day every day, that's snatch, clean&jerk, front or back squat every session; leonid taranenko (first and so far only man to clean and jerk 586 in comp) back squatted every day in training to get to an 836lbs 2 second pause back squat, he stopped front squatting after he got a 660 front squat).
    Yet again i dont disagree with this, but the OP is not a powlifter/pro bodybuilder us normal guys require sufficent rest time, i know i also have to get up and go to work 5 days a week too as well as training.

The main point is the op is normal every day joe like u and me he is asking what would be best and doing abs twice a week with a good diet and proper rest eventually his abs will show.

MY CURRENT STACK

Syntha 6
    Xtend

I want all of them !!! especially seeing them.

I have been doing weighted (10lbs) decline situps and crunches, 3 sets of 12 reps for each exercise, as well as weighted oblique extensions with 50lbs ... but I don't feel a thing the next day. I am 6.2 and wight 190lbs, have a flat stomach but no abs visible
    Just vary your excersises bud increase reps and also lower rest periods, more abs excersises, leg raises, roman chair sit ups, window washers.

If you dont swap things around your muscles will become stagnent.

MY CURRENT STACK

Syntha 6
    Xtend

Yet again i dont disagree with this, but the OP is not a powlifter/pro bodybuilder us normal guys require sufficent rest time, i know i also have to get up and go to work 5 days a week too as well as training.

The main point is the op is normal every day joe like u and me he is asking what would be best and doing abs twice a week with a good diet and proper rest eventually his abs will show.
    how is a 100 bodyweight crunches alot to recover from? unless you have the WORST conditioning in the world I don't see how that's a problem; I don't disagree with what you're suggesting either, but to say 100 a day = teh overtrayningzzzzzzzzzz is just wrong.

to the OP, you could cycle low rep work, like 4 sets x 6 reps heavy weight using the same weight each set and increasing when you can get all of the reps for strength, decline situps are good for this, and perhaps using 1-2 sets of 20-40+ reps or those 100 crunches you were thinking of with a lighter weight for endurance, russian twists, hanging leg raises, crunches are good for this, also weighted planks but instead of reps you'd be doing 1-2 time holds of a minute; switch which one you do every training session, do heavy/light/heavy/light you get the idea.

to actually see your abs requires lower bodyfat though, you might wanna try the diet or nutrition section for that.

- Stizzel

wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude 100 reps of crunches just won't get you GREAT results. Honestly it will help your abs get stronger and only you know your body best. If you find that you find yourself struggling doing so then your abs aren't too strong and it's a perfectly good way to start off. Remember no pain no gain you should be feeling it. If you feel that it puts enough stress on your abs for it to grow then go for it. To improve you can add weights to chest or add reps good luck!

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You also have to consider that it's the quality of the crunch rather than the quantity. If you can tightned your abs for each crunch / leg lift / sit-up for 3-5 seconds before going back to the relaxed position, you'll get a more effective workout. I was watching 2 people do crunches when I was on the cardio machine. One person was just banging away crunches. Another person next to him was holding each postion for 3-5 seconds for a total rep of 20. It seemed like for every 5 crunches the other person did was equavalent to 1 crunch from the person holding it's crunch for 3-5 seconds. I've seen guys at the gym do hundreds of crunches on some of the machines effortlessly. Does it benefit ? Maybe, maybe not. My PT always reminds his clients it's quality over quantity when doing anykind of ab routine.
    Last edited by Roger035; 01-23-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    " Strive for the impossible to be the possible. " - Roger Serafin

" Using no way as way " & " Having no limitation as limitation " - Bruce Lee

The World is Watching. Stay Strong.

Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how is a 100 bodyweight crunches alot to recover from? unless you have the WORST conditioning in the world I don't see how that's a problem; I don't disagree with what you're suggesting either, but to say 100 a day = teh overtrayningzzzzzzzzzz is just wrong.
    Agreed. It's like saying walking 3 miles a day is overtraining.
    Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120458841

Best gym lifts:-
    Power Snatch............215
    Snatch.....................235
    Front Squat..............285
    Behind neck jerk.......315
    Olympic Back Squat...325

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    crunches are a waste of time.

most people end up doing more harm than good anyways (posture and neck come to mind)
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OMG I actually agree with Goju.

First, that routine does not say to only do crunches.

2nd, I think the recommendations are pretty good. Actually, very old school.

Abs DO recover quickly, and ST fibers recover more quickly than FT fibers, so high rep daily work of relatively low intensity can be recovered from.

Runners obviously do it.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    -food

jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenzerelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm going to assume you don't train your abs. At all. You neg ppl for bad advice, it sounds to me like you're a moron.

100 crunches a day is a decent start... I do about 150/day and my abs are 'okay'....

Just do as many as you can, and do them daily. Abs can easilly be trained daily - they don't need much recovery time.

Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000)
    Variety is the key. There are as many different exercises for you core as there are people to do them.
    Doing a hundred crunches everyday in my opinion isn't going to do much for you if that's all your working on. You want to hit your core from many different levels.
    The other thing I see people do is that they do them all wrong. For best results you need to do them slowly and then hold for a count of two. All the momentum has to be taken out of the exercise for the exercise to work to it's optimun efficiency. And that pause is to allow your muscles to contract properly for any good to come of it.

Jeff

XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Seems to work for me! I exercise abs 5 times a week and do around 300-400 reps of various ab exercises a day.
    *** http://www.AnaxMethods.com/ ***

*Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete

*Instagram - @xnickedgex

mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it depends on what you mean "to get abs"...do you want them to show, or do you just want strong abs? If the answer is just to get them to show, then half of it has to do with your diet.

if you want strong abs, i mean no offense to the article, but just regular situps aren't going to cut it anymore. You have to do a hell of a lot harder workouts than that if you want abs of steel

mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    R U FOR REAL...NEGGED

100 situps/day is really not that much..honestly