Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

walden farms DOES cause weight gain

Sure it says calorie free/carb free/fat free/etc.........but in fine print it says *trace calories.....and who knows how many. Well, for one week I decided to be my own lab rat and consume as much as I wanted. I used the chocolate dip, syrup, marshmellow dip, strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry jams, the french onion, bleu cheese dip and dressings. Also the alfredo sauce, seafood sauce, and ketchup. The results: I gained 10 pounds from a product "calorie free". I'm not surprised, and of course anything overdone would cause some detriment, but at least I know now what i wanted to . It's really no big deal to me, all though it would have been nice if I could consume as much as I liked. Well back to being strict and plain......and to be honest as deleicious as it was- I won't miss that unsure feeling....that question of is this safe- as far as weight gain. Sure it's bad as far as chemical food go, but if it didn't cause weight gain I wouldn't care.

I kept my calories the same- becuase I do track all my calories and nurtients, so the only thing diferent was the mass inclusion of the Walden Farms product line. This is in no way flaming the company or to scare amyone from using it- because I am sure in moderation it's fine to use, but if you are someone like me and likes to go crazy- this is not the product to use. I hope this is helpful information.

:-)
    Have a nice day!
    Last edited by WillieInc; 01-19-2006 at 07:31 AM.
    Willie
    h2o6

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am sure it had nothing to do with your normal diet and exercise routine. Been eating the stuff for the past 2 years without any problems.
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WillieInc
    Sure it says calorie free/carb free/fat free/etc.........but in fine print it says *trace calories.....and who knows how many. Well, for one week I decided to be my own lab rat and consume as much as I wanted. I used the chocolate dip, syrup, marshmellow dip, strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry jams, the french onion, bleu cheese dip and dressings. Also the alfredo sauce, seafood sauce, and ketchup. The results: I gained 10 pounds from a product "calorie free". I'm not surprised, and of course anything overdone would cause some detriment, but at least I know now what i wanted to . It's really no big deal to me, all though it would have been nice if I could consume as much as I liked. Well back to being strict and plain......and to be honest as deleicious as it was- I won't miss that unsure feeling....that question of is this safe- as far as weight gain. Sure it's bad as far as chemical food go, but if it didn't cause weight gain I wouldn't care.

I kept my calories the same- becuase I do track all my calories and nurtients, so the only thing diferent was the mass inclusion of the Walden Farms product line. This is in no way flaming the company or to scare amyone from using it- because I am sure in moderation it's fine to use, but if you are someone like me and likes to go crazy- this is not the product to use. I hope this is helpful information.

:-)
    Have a nice day!
    diet coke has trace calories as well. But im not gonna drink a 12 pack a day.

WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack
    I am sure it had nothing to do with your normal diet and exercise routine. Been eating the stuff for the past 2 years without any problems.

yes, but how much? I would sit there and eat the whole jar of chocloate dip. I am talking mass quantities.
    Willie
    h2o6

Originally Posted by thajeepster
    diet coke has trace calories as well. But im not gonna drink a 12 pack a day.

see, I would, if it was chocloate :-) but I know better than that. when it comes to sweet and taste I can go crazy with it. I thught just maybe WF would have been my answer to unlimited chocolate, but obviously it's not going to be.
    Willie
    h2o6

Badkin00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just my opinion the stuff is nasty anyway. I bought 50 bucks worth of the stuff and ended up throwing it all out, it tasted like crap.

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes, but how much? I would sit there and eat the whole jar of chocloate dip. I am talking mass quantities.
    Why would you eat a whole jar? EVERYTHING needs to be in moderation, every "calorie free" stuff.

Originally Posted by dropxxzone
    Why would you eat a whole jar? EVERYTHING needs to be in moderation, every "calorie free" stuff.
    Oh My God1 Because it's F'cking DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It to me was like chocolate pudding, and I LOVE chocolate pudding. I could eat 10 jars of it.
    Willie
    h2o6

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this is ridiculous. who the hell eats the entire jar of those products in one sitting and continues to do it again and again and doesnt expect to gain weight. calorie free or not, doing stupid stuff like that is going to help you gain weight. thats one of the dumbest "experiments" ive ever heard of.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh My God1 Because it's F'cking DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It to me was like chocolate pudding, and I LOVE chocolate pudding. I could eat 10 jars of it.
    Yeah but still, you can't sit there and eat jars of the crap and not expect anything to happen, that's why there's serving sizes.

Originally Posted by saw14
    this is ridiculous. who the hell eats the entire jar of those products in one sitting and continues to do it again and again and doesnt expect to gain weight. calorie free or not, doing stupid stuff like that is going to help you gain weight. thats one of the dumbest "experiments" ive ever heard of.

well it's stupid to you. I am forever trying to find ways to enjoy myself without the worry of gettting fat. I would love to just eat everything in sight, but I don't. My "fix" for chocolate is protein shakes, but I only use very little water so it is thick and I can eat it. That's it- it would be nice if it truly was "calorie free" so I can have my chocolate. So I can't- oh well, but at least I know now. The stupid thing to do would be sit around wondering and obssessing over it - which would happen with me. OR the stupid thing would be to just not experiment, and think it is calorie free and a mointh later wonder what hapened...... I did this experiment, got my answer and moved on. I only did this for a week, just to see how calorie free it truly is.
    Willie
    h2o6

Yeah but still, you can't sit there and eat jars of the crap and not expect anything to happen, that's why there's serving sizes.

I know this- I wanted to see how much I can get away with!
    Willie
    h2o6

I know this- I wanted to see how much I can get away with!
    lol...well ok then

P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you gained 10 pounds in a week? Uh, seriously that would be an extra 35,000 calories and after looking at the ingredients in several of their products it isn't going to happen. The salt content on the other hand isn't good. Anyways, it's nice to see that the guy from Supersize Me isn't the only foolish one around.

ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say most of your weight gain is due to the salt content their products have. That to me is the only downside to them and the use of malto as a filler. other than that its purely flavoring and fiber (xanthum gum and guar gum).

Originally Posted by P01Shooter
    So you gained 10 pounds in a week? Uh, seriously that would be an extra 35,000 calories and after looking at the ingredients in several of their products it isn't going to happen. The salt content on the other hand isn't good. Anyways, it's nice to see that the guy from Supersize Me isn't the only foolish one around.

next time I'll know better than to post something I try in this forum. If all you people can do is insult me, then I hope you feel satisfied. I all ready asked before I started using this product last week and no one exactly knew. I either got it's artificial sweeteners and how unhealthy they are and how those people don't use artificial sweeteners (which didnt answer my question) or others said it's pretty safe to use. All I know is when I weighted myself last week on an empty stomach first thing in the morning- I was 129 pounds, and now I am 139 pounds- same way- on an empty stomach first thing in th emorning. The only thing different was I was over using this product. That's it.
    Willie
    h2o6

ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ck37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try not to take offense to the few that like to be negative of these boards. I am sure there are many people out there that would be interested in these findings as well.
    Yes, anything taken in excess can lead to problems, thats not rocket science, but products claiming calorie free etc. are somewhat misleading.

Moral of the story: Always look at serving sizes of food or any other product you consume.

Originally Posted by ck37
    Try not to take offense to the few that like to be negative of these boards. I am sure there are many people out there that would be interested in these findings as well.
    Yes, anything taken in excess can lead to problems, thats not rocket science, but products claiming calorie free etc. are somewhat misleading.

Moral of the story: Always look at serving sizes of food or any other product you consume.
    I am neurotic about serving sizes......my whole thing was hey it's calorie free, let me just see about that.
    I use weight by date, and everything I eat - I monitor and I am very strict and exact. It was strange for me to just indulge for once- of course it had to be a learning experience.

As for the negative people I will try and not take offense, but I am a pretty sensatiuve person, and it's a shame some people just don't have respect.
    Willie
    h2o6

Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by saw14
    I agree

Nice experiment
    Scheizekopf

Originally Posted by Scheizekopf
    I agree

Nice experiment
    I got more answers than when I asked in here so yes it was nice.
    Willie
    h2o6

benchpre$$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchpre$$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchpre$$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've been eating walden farms chocolate sauce and marshmallow stuff for over 2 years now and have not gained weight. so i'm gonna have to disagree with your thread title. sorry bra..

next time I'll know better than to post something I try in this forum. If all you people can do is insult me, then I hope you feel satisfied. I all ready asked before I started using this product last week and no one exactly knew. I either got it's artificial sweeteners and how unhealthy they are and how those people don't use artificial sweeteners (which didnt answer my question) or others said it's pretty safe to use. All I know is when I weighted myself last week on an empty stomach first thing in the morning- I was 129 pounds, and now I am 139 pounds- same way- on an empty stomach first thing in th emorning. The only thing different was I was over using this product. That's it.
    No offense, but what kind of experiment were you trying to conduct? It's kind of common knowledge that if you eat to much of something in one sitting there's usually a negative effect...

Originally Posted by ck37

How is it misleading? It's calorie free based on their serving size suggestion.

xblackheartx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink like 8 bottles of that calorie free flavored water a day and sometimes 6 cans of fresca calorie free drink, i dont gain nething lol cause its CALORIE FREE

No offense, but what kind of experiment were you trying to conduct? It's kind of common knowledge that if you eat to much of something in one sitting there's usually a negative effect...

to see how much calorie free I can get away with. Sure there is common knowledge if you have too much of anything, except water- there is going to be weight gain- but you never know unless you try it. Imagine if one could eat all the chocolate one wants and not get fat from it- hey may as well find out, and I did.
    Willie
    h2o6

Originally Posted by xblackheartx
    I drink like 8 bottles of that calorie free flavored water a day and sometimes 6 cans of fresca calorie free drink, i dont gain nething lol cause its CALORIE FREE

:-) you are 19 years old, and probably have a speedy metabolism.......lucky you :-) when I was 19 i was rail skinny and ate ice cream sundaes on a daily basis and didn't gain weight from it. -if I did that now- forget it!
    Willie
    h2o6

Originally Posted by benchpre$$
    i've been eating walden farms chocolate sauce and marshmallow stuff for over 2 years now and have not gained weight. so i'm gonna have to disagree with your thread title. sorry bra..
    yes, but you probably are using it by its correct serving size- I was going crazy with it.
    Willie
    h2o6

loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How is it misleading? It's calorie free based on their serving size suggestion.
    lol but if you eat more calories start coming out of no where?

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    :-) you are 19 years old, and probably have a speedy metabolism.......lucky you :-) when I was 19 i was rail skinny and ate ice cream sundaes on a daily basis and didn't gain weight from it. -if I did that now- forget it!
    you're still rail thin as far as i can see.

calorie free is a label they can use if the serving size contains less than 1kcal or less than 1g of fat/protein/carbs.

Originally Posted by loser99
    lol but if you eat more calories start coming out of no where?
    lol