Cheatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Wrists hurt during military press

So when i'm performing the military press to failure my wrists are aching. After the workout the pain subsides and all is well. Am i perform this excercise wrong? I think i somehow let me palms eleviate so they're angled 45degrees from the ground to my face. Maybe that is the problem but i'd like to make sure.

skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you let your wrists angle back too far, you are putting way too much strain on them, especially if you are lifting very heavy weights. You can either go to a lighter weight and concetrate on getting the lift perfected, or try taping your wrists, maybe both.

One that never quits Winterlong's Avatar
    Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wear some wrist straps.

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yes, you're bending them too far back if they're aching you. lower the weight if you must, or just concentrate more on keeping them upright.

best,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've badly sprained both wrists several times and now I find that I have to pre exhaust my shoulders before I do military presses, or my wrists can't handle the weight. DBs are still ok for me though. Try that or wrist wraps.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adidamps2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Winterlong
    Wear some wrist straps.
    thats what i do wrist wraps/support strapps...helps alot..only use it for the heavier wts though, not through out the exercise.
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.