kaysbtk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Effects of stopping gym after building muscle mass???

Hi All,

I am mailing to discuss a question that I have. To give you a background, I have been working out since last 3 months and do both cardio and weights. I am 5'5" and 145 lb. My fat percentage was 16%. My initial intent was fat loss, but now I have learnt that if I build muscles, it will help me in burning the fats much earlier. My question is, if I STOP my workout say after 3 months from now after having the required result of losing fat and building some muscle mass, will I grow more fat after stopping the gym routine. In other words, if I stop the gym routine, will I gain more weight by the muscle getting converted into fat.

Thanks & Regards
    Kays

rosskii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rosskii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends. If you eat right and your active then no. But why stop going to the gym? keep going and you will for sure stay at your goal or even go above and byond.

gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by kaysbtk View Post
    Hi All,
    I am mailing to discuss a question that I have. To give you a background, I have been working out since last 3 months and do both cardio and weights. I am 5'5" and 145 lb. My fat percentage was 16%. My initial intent was fat loss, but now I have learnt that if I build muscles, it will help me in burning the fats much earlier. My question is, if I STOP my workout say after 3 months from now after having the required result of losing fat and building some muscle mass, will I grow more fat after stopping the gym routine. In other words, if I stop the gym routine, will I gain more weight by the muscle getting converted into fat.
    Thanks & Regards
    Kays

You have to take into consideration that you will not be burning calories from exercise if you stop working out. So if you were maintaining your weight, you will be gaining weight with the same diet. Muscles don't get converted into fat and fat doesn't get converted into muscle. You will gain fat if you stop working out because you will have a caloric surplus, and you will lose the muscle because muscles need constant stress to maintain and/or increase it's size, use it or lose it. So my advice: keep working out! Good luck.
    ئەنسیکلۆپێدیایFlorida Gators Crewئەنسیکلۆپێدیای

B.S. in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
    College of Health and Human Performance
    University of Florida

kaysbtk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you gixxer and rokssi for your replies.. I have kept my GYM schedule going on and as you both have explained me, I shall continue this as long as I can. :-)

Thanks again

Kays