Je vais finir par l'avoir -=MD=-'s Avatar
    -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to clean bulk?

I know, it's a pretty retarded question, but I always heard gaining mass and loosing BF were mutually exclussive. Is clean bulking gaining mass without making your BF go through the roof? If so, how exactly would you go about it? Do you do a high rep workout, and balance the caloric intake (but always taking in a lot of protein)? Where does cardio fit into this?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Read the stickies on the Nutrition forum. There's plenty of solid information there.

The idea behind "clean bulking" as I understand it, is rather than go on a massive binge where caloric excess (lots of junk food and saturated fats) comes at the expense of caloric quality and then have to resort to "cutting" cycles to remove the spare tire around your waist, you're achieving a caloric surplus through quality nutrition, so the macronutrient breakdown might look something closer to the traditional 40/40/20--carbs/protein/fat, which in other words is like a slow, steady bulking process rather than a rapid or unhealthy one with massive weight fluctuations.

A better way to look at it in my opinion is to work out how much protein you need, let's say at least 1.5g per lb, work out how much fat you need (getting most of it from healthy sources with omega-3 like flax, fish, and also almonds, peanut butter, etc.), and adjust your carbs from there to reach your daily caloric target which might be anywhere from 10-20% above maintenance.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ well said Dominik.

read post #6 here...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ighlight=clean
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/