Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK SIXTEEN :: What Is The Best Lower Back Workout?

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Is The Best Lower Back Workout?

For the week of: 01/16 - 01/22
    Sunday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

People workout their upper back so hard that they forget all the mass in the lower half. It seems that fewer people are training their lower back. Many people in the gym won’t even attempt to do a deadlift.

What is the best lower back workout? Be descriptive (sets, reps, etc).

What is the importance of training the lower back?

Bonus: How can you improve your deadlift?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $50 in credit to use in our online store and will have their workout posted on our main site for the world to see!

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good mornings and of course DL's.

RippedJordanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedJordanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedJordanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedJordanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedJordanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedJordanian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower Back Workout

Please find my article attached
    I have a question
    Does 2nd place wotw win anythnig
    Attached Files

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RippedJordanian
    Please find my article attached
    I have a question
    Does 2nd place wotw win anythnig
    not right now, as the popularity is not as big as totw...but keep going didnt you come first or something?
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Testing for AX baby!

SECOND PLACE!!!
    My Scivation/Primaforce Contest Bulk Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608005

You can't fool mother nature - she's one smart bitch.

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Honestly Will, there doesn't need to be much thought into this.

Lower Back
    Should have a max effort squat/deadlift day if your doing powerlifting to really strengthen the posterior chain. Then go back and do a few exercises
    : Reverse hyper
    : Hyper
    : Good morning
    : Pull-through

Also having heavy deadlifts in your program is also good for a lower back workout..

Heavy max effort work for 3-5 reps for a single set after warm-up
    Lighter lower back exercise for 3-4 sets of 10-15 sets
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ravadongon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Attached Files

Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yip....
    Attached Files
    going full blast!

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My entry.

For future reference, what is the go for using peoples pics without references? I would assume that is plagarism? Just curious so I can look at including pics.
    Attached Files

definitely plagiarism i think you can use bb.coms pics.....

or email that sites webmaster and ask to be able to use them thats what i did for a very early totw...
    going full blast!

Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually had a nice article for this one, but when i saved it, it came out in boxes and circles...

anyhow,

these are a couple of programs i've used that i've got great results from!

Program One:

Semi Stiff Legged Deadlifts 3 sets 10,8,6 reps

Back Extensions 2 sets 12,10 reps

Supermans 1 set, 25 reps.

Program Two: Higher volume:

Smith-Machine Semi Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets 10,8,6 reps

Barbell Good Mornings: 2 sets, 12, 10 reps

Back extensions: 3 sets, 15,10,8 reps

A few things. WIth back extensions, go past paralal and hold for a count of 3-5 seconds on each rep. Don't go past paralal on deadlifts!!! If your goal is lower back mass, keep your legs semi-straight but not locked. Deadlift can actually work quads more than lower back, infact its like a semi-squat and can rob your lower back of workload if you don't keep legs fairly straight.

Also i find deadlifts on a smith-machine can really isolate your lower back. I do them with 4 plates on each end easily.

anyway good luck to those who entered.

And stick to your guns this week cos i'm gonna put in a killer-tri workout!