Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamsession1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have tried Prolab, EAS, GLUfm, and a few others....

None of them even came close to provding the benefits the EAS brand did..
    EAS is the winner in the Glutamine category IMO.

KCPreki11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stasha
    I use Ice and it's worth the $$$.
    So if you supplement with ICE you don't need additional glutamine?

A serving of ICE (10g) contains 2.7 grams of glutamine and you only take this once a day. Most people in here are dosing 10-15 grams a day.

Maccimo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Max glutamine mmsportsnutrition

first time using glutamine seems fom what I,ve read that I picked the correct glutamine[pure l-glutamine].
    Should I take it 4-5 times a day as on container?
    should I take it on weight days only?
    should I rest from it after 6 weeks like creatine?

BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDubDeisel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can creatine help me lose weight and gain mucle?

Can creatine help me lose weight and gain mucle?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im 5'8 and weight 187 will creatine help me burn fat? Can creatine define mucle?

Sumantek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would buy glutamine. If you're eating 8-10 oz. of meat at 8 meals a day, you're getting PLENTY of amino acids, including glutamine. If you're already eating 300+ grams of amino acids a day, why would you supplement with a NONessential one. I can guarantee you one thing, it WILL NOT be absorbed by the muscle pool.

You guys are getting scammed.

Kill Bill Phillips.

Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ace Rothstein will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Big fan of Total Recovery from IDS... 5g of glutamine per serving with MSM for joint repair... 100 servings in a tub for like $22 American. Peace out.

Maccimo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Gluatamine which is best?

Thanks for the input, went with EAS ,mixing it with my Creatine EAS Phos XP then following up with Protein post workout.
    Sometimes get a 'rush in tummy' bit queezy ,might be drinking too fast.

krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dito
    If you must buy Glutamine get the Primaforce brand.http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/glut.html
    Dear God, whatever you do don't get that brand. worst glutamine product I've ever used.
    I used to be way fatter

BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPharma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have high expectations for LG'S though i havent tried it yet. they usually put out only fine products

BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoneCrusha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Reply

Is Glutamine a must have product? How should I take it also?
    "Fall 7 times Get up 8"

Putting together a legit bulking system.. dealing with what I got..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/justbulk/bcrushasig.jpg

Butter24cf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Glutamine is fake

According to studies taken by the t-mag staff, you can see how ineffective glutamine really is. I mean sure we'd love to think it works, and every tikme we drink this concoction or however you take it its aiding us in so many ways, and should be taken generously. Studies conclude that this only helps that much in paitents suffering great illnesses or disease. Only after your glutamine pools are wasted completely is the glycogen replenishment that much more effecitive. www.t-mag.com concluded that glutamine really doesn't do anything, and either way if you eat a good amount of protein your still getting your needed amounts of glutamine. I was a sucker and bought the produce, adn will finish it, but i am glad i was enlightened that it doesnt really help.

IF you search that site for glutamine you will get a number of responses you probably weren't aware of first. Just eat better lol
    You only get what you put in

Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Studies are fine, and I read them too, but sometimes in a world where there's no exacting science or "one-size-fits-all" paragidm, sometimes they are useless. Otherwise my cupboards would be stocked with myostatin inhibitors and nocturnal protein formula powders.

Off season, and especially precontest, the most efficacious product I have used is Beverly International's Glutamine Select + Bcaa's
    Discipline is only a by product of Desire.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Moreps
    Studies are fine, and I read them too, but sometimes in a world where there's no exacting science or "one-size-fits-all" paragidm, sometimes they are useless. Otherwise my cupboards would be stocked with myostatin inhibitors and nocturnal protein formula powders.

Off season, and especially precontest, the most efficacious product I have used is Beverly International's Glutamine Select + Bcaa's
    there are no studies to support those myostatin inhibitiors or night time proteins... just studies taken by supplement companies who twist around the results for their own benefit. Essentially, the supp companies take good studies, misrepresent the results to sell more product... just like the glutamine companies

Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wink

Originally Posted by str8flexed
    there are no studies to support those myostatin inhibitiors or night time proteins... just studies taken by supplement companies who twist around the results for their own benefit. Essentially, the supp companies take good studies, misrepresent the results to sell more product... just like the glutamine companies

Agreed.... But don't you dare take away my Glutamine Select or Muscle Provider!

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You just described companies like Avant labs to a T.
    Rep system sucks, we all agree, the only ones who really use it are idiots who think it makes a difference

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rippd
    You just described companies like Avant labs to a T.

except avant doesn't sell glutamine. And I've used 3 avant products thus far, 2 of them were among the most effective supplements i've ever used, the other was only mildly effective. I think they are one of the few decent companies who aren't fraudulent. They could peddle things like NO boosters and glutamine supplements and the newer better creatine crap but they seem to have a bit more pride and try to be a bit more innovative. That being said, not all innovative products work, but I do believe that they honestly believe something SHOULD work when they put it out... which is better than I can say for most companies.

Originally Posted by Moreps
    Agreed.... But don't you dare take away my Glutamine Select or Muscle Provider!
    your money

Talking

except avant doesn't sell glutamine. And I've used 3 avant products thus far, 2 of them were among the most effective supplements i've ever used, the other was only mildly effective. I think they are one of the few decent companies who aren't fraudulent. They could peddle things like NO boosters and glutamine supplements and the newer better creatine crap but they seem to have a bit more pride and try to be a bit more innovative. That being said, not all innovative products work, but I do believe that they honestly believe something SHOULD work when they put it out... which is better than I can say for most companies.

your money (haha)

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ah, but you just proved the point about glutamine and science, your science says glutamine doesn't work however thousands of people say it does work. There is NO science that proves that topical fat loss creams work yet you say had success with them. So your real world results go against science.
    Rep system sucks, we all agree, the only ones who really use it are idiots who think it makes a difference

Ah, but you just proved the point about glutamine and science, your science says glutamine doesn't work however thousands of people say it does work. There is NO science that proves that topical fat loss creams work yet you say had success with them. So your real world results go against science.
    topical fat loss creams have never been tested in that kind of environment, but the science behind each of the ingredients is sound, especially the solvent which is the main part of the topical that allows it to work.

10000000s of people have experienced a placebo effect b/c every magazine tells them it will/should work. People can't speak/seek/think for themselves these days

topical fat loss creams have never been tested in that kind of environment, but the science behind each of the ingredients is sound, especially the solvent which is the main part of the topical that allows it to work.
    So there is NO science on topical fat loss creams yet you say it works. I say thats placebo.

So there is NO science on topical fat loss creams yet you say it works. I say thats placebo.

well I did keep caliper records and weight measurements before and after use and from the years previous to it's use and there is most certainly a difference. There is no scientific evidence to support the product as a whole and as that goes, you'll never see that. YOu will never see a peer reviewed article examining a multiple ingredient supplement, it just doesn't work that way (you have never tried to get an article submitted so please don't argue with me on this one lol). Occasionally you will see combinations of different ingredients as compared to a single to see if there is an additive effect but you'll never see a specific supplement tested. Typically you have singlular ingredients tested. From what I recall the singular ingredients in said topical formula are EGCG, yohimbine HCl, sesamin, all of which have been shown to be effective lipolytic aids. The solvent has also been shown to penetrate the dermis and reach the subcutaneous layer, meaning it will reach adipose tissue. You put it together it should work.

Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Higher Power Glutamine has greatly enhanced my recovery time. Just a few weeks ago I would be sore for 4-5 days after a leg workout and after taking the glutamine (10g) each day I have reduced my recovery time to about 2 days.

I agree with str8flexed concerning the combination of ingredients enhancing effectiveness. ... HMB never did anything for me as a standup supplement, but when combined with creatine, arginine, and tyrosine, the effects were dramatic.

Regarding topical weight loss creams, I've never had a personal experience from them so in that respect I am not qualified pass judgement. I do remember however, a few competitors who have told me that they retained water on the area's they applied it to. I was backstage at a show not too recently getting ready to pump up and go out with my first class, when a guy started bitching and moaning about the increased layer of fat (water, most likely) on his lower abs after using a topical.

Karmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NutraBio's L-Glutamine is awsome, I was takins EAS's for years until I found these guys on Ebay.... I was very sceptical @ first, but I'm very pleased with the product, mixes in water completey "the true test" with absolutly NO residue.... and my recovery times have never been better i.e. they didn't change from taking EAS's products

3.6lbs is less than 50.00 and last me almost a year @ 15grams a day

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...532636837&rd=1

Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrzymuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Karmann
    NutraBio's L-Glutamine is awsome, I was takins EAS's for years until I found these guys on Ebay.... I was very sceptical @ first, but I'm very pleased with the product, mixes in water completey "the true test" with absolutly NO residue.... and my recovery times have never been better i.e. they didn't change from taking EAS's products

3.6lbs is less than 50.00 and last me almost a year @ 15grams a day

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...532636837&rd=1

DUDE you sure that's quality stuff

looks alittle shady to me........

Karmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Karmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know, i know.... but Nutrabio isn't a fly by night operation, they are simply an ebay powerseller... u can go to their website and check them out....

I got the small order first (it was like 24.00) before I ordered a larger amount. It comes with lab results "that i'm sure anyone could print out" but they are a pretty big operation

I've been happy with the stuff so far and to me it just seems like wholesale Glutamine -vs- EAS's crazy prices and fancy packages

TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is no bright future for soldiers scurrying for their reward

yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100) yoda69 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I prefer SciFits Glutamine. For the money and quality you can't beat it. They use pharmacuetical grade glutamine from Italy. Most companies tend to use cheap chinese grade stuff that runs through you.
    Last edited by yoda69; 11-12-2004 at 10:10 PM.

sloan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

creatine

I use AGR Nutritions Creatine e2 Accelerator.No bloat or water retention, can be used up to contest day.