Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Great thoughts. I have been more and more about simplicity lately, and fasting helps declutter. Really, fasting should be about the shedding of "self" and taking on more of what God requires. Hard to do when we are so distracted by stuff, including information. So yea, I think misunderstanding Scripture happens a lot, especially when people are used to little tidbits of information through social media the Bible becomes more of a book of sayings on the whole, rather than letters the convey a specific and purposed message
    So very true! I think that's it, that the Bible is really a lengthy story and not one that you can just take a few passages out of context, and understand the whole picture. It's not a FB status update lol

Originally Posted by superman704 View Post
    Jesus is Lord
    Amen.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bumping to keep this good thread going.

''When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, He said ''the Lord is with you, mighty warrior.'' Judges 6:12

I was reading somewhere recently, that in the Bible, ''do not be afraid'' or some reference thereof, was stated 365 times. Enough comfort for an entire year, every day. Why do we get so afraid? We often fear loss, or how we might come off to another person. We fear humiliation, and taking chances. Sometimes, it feels like the Bible was only meant for a certain culture of people, a long time ago. But, it's actually timeless, because we seem to struggle with the same things as they did.

''Do not be anxious about anything.'' -Philippians 4:6

Easier said than done sometimes, eh?

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got that right!
    Though I am finding that with recalling what God has done in the past it helps to remember He is constant, and therefore with past experience and reliance on God the anxiousness lessons ...
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

bjjguru is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a Christian lifter as well. Did not know there were so many others here who believed. God bless!

As we inch towards Easter, I was thinking about the parable of the woman at the well. And how Jesus approaches her, and explains that, in so many words, the well that she keeps drinking from, won't sustain her or bring her peace. I was talking with a friend recently, who spends a lot of time on dating apps, and social media. Always looking for validation, for affirmation. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be liked or affirmed, but there comes a point, when you need more and more to bring you that same feeling you had, from the first time.

And it's like the well. You have to keep going back to that well, and eventually, the well runs dry. Even if you're a non-believer, validation doesn't come from people online, on dating apps, or on social media. It comes from within.

Deepening my faith, made me less dependent on the well. The people and things that used to interest me, don't anymore. The echo chambers and herd mentality, just bores me. I can only say, if you can't figure out why you're so depressed, or empty inside, and yet you have 1000 followers on FB and IG, and tons of interest on a dating site - stop drinking from the well. You'll find a much better quality of life awaits.

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great thoughts!

Thanks ^^

I was thinking this morning about forgiveness, and what Jesus meant by ''forgive 70 times 7 times.'' (Matthew 18:22)

From what I've learned about that passage, it doesn't mean we need to reconcile with people who have hurt us. It simply means to forgive others, to not hold grudges, to not condemn others. Just like Jesus doesn't condemn us, when we come to Him with a contrite heart. But, what Jesus does mean, is that we need to have a change of heart, when we ask for forgiveness. We need to show that we have changed, and then, perhaps rekindling a friendship or relationship of some type, makes sense. But, what happens when someone asks for your forgiveness, but they don't change? You accept the apology, but then they treat you the same as if they never apologized. Did Jesus mean that we need to keep forgiving? Yes, but it doesn't mean we need to resume the friendship.

Just my thoughts to it all. Have a good day, ya'll!
    Last edited by whatevergirl; 04-17-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Good thoughts, and interesting to bring this up as I have been thinking about forgiveness for the past couple weeks. I was talking about it at the men's retreat and then was hit with some thoughts about some lack of forgiveness on my part. I was really struggling with letting go. It was the weirdest thing. My heart was ok, but my brain was like a vice that had a tight grip on these thoughts that I just couldn't take captive. It's better now with some more reflecting on Scripture.

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Good thoughts, and interesting to bring this up as I have been thinking about forgiveness for the past couple weeks. I was talking about it at the men's retreat and then was hit with some thoughts about some lack of forgiveness on my part. I was really struggling with letting go. It was the weirdest thing. My heart was ok, but my brain was like a vice that had a tight grip on these thoughts that I just couldn't take captive. It's better now with some more reflecting on Scripture.
    Yea, I've had that too at times, with forgiveness. I think it is a pride issue. But, in the end, we only hurt ourselves if we can't forgive someone else. That could be why too Jesus wants us to forgive others, because it causes us harm, too. But, again, I don't think this is a call to resuming unhealthy relationships. It's more about not letting our pride consume us, and not seeking revenge. To forgive is divine, as they say.

Good Friday, today. I'm feeling a little nostalgic for religious traditions that I used to follow a few years back, but oddly enough, I didn't really have a strong faith, then. I was just following church processes, and not God. It's good to finally know the difference.

Happy Easter!

So, I asked this question on FB and I'll ask it here:

What was Jesus' main message in his earthly ministry?

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

IMHO: Hope for our reconciliation with God through the mercy of His sacrifice.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    IMHO: Hope for our reconciliation with God through the mercy of His sacrifice.
    Yes, agreed.
    Sunday I preached on the idea of love and the greatest commandments. That is usually cited in my circles as the main message, but it is not. Love is what we are to embody with one another, in unity, so that the message of the Kingdom come near and repentance (which is hope for reconciliation with God through the mercy of His sacrifice) can be well received among those who are willing to have hearts to hear.

I saw an interesting quote recently ''you can't fulfill God's calling for you in your comfort zone.''

I sometimes wonder where God is calling me, and am I stuck in my own comfort zone?

ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    I saw an interesting quote recently ''you can't fulfill God's calling for you in your comfort zone.''

I sometimes wonder where God is calling me, and am I stuck in my own comfort zone?
    Reminds me of something my grandma used to tell me; "If something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing."

The 'over' in overdoing normally puts us out of our comfort zone.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Think of God's will like a noun: a Person, Place or Thing. Most Christians get hung up on the Place and the Thing. "Where am I supposed to be?" or "What am I supposed to do?" While these are important, by far, the most important aspect of God's will is the Person - who you are supposed to be. Let God work in you, transforming your heart and renewing your mind, developing the fruit of the Spirit. If you do this, the where and the what will take care of themselves.
    David

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Think of God's will like a noun: a Person, Place or Thing. Most Christians get hung up on the Place and the Thing. "Where am I supposed to be?" or "What am I supposed to do?" While these are important, by far, the most important aspect of God's will is the Person - who you are supposed to be. Let God work in you, transforming your heart and renewing your mind, developing the fruit of the Spirit. If you do this, the where and the what will take care of themselves.
    Amen!

Originally Posted by ThaiMuay View Post
    Reminds me of something my grandma used to tell me; "If something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing."

The 'over' in overdoing normally puts us out of our comfort zone.
    I've never heard of this, thanks

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Hey david! This is exactly what I needed to hear! I don't know if I've ever viewed it like this. I'm one to get caught up in...the where and what. I'm gonna keep this in mind. Hope things are going well with you!

madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) madknowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont like how some christians put themselves on a pedal stool and try to look down on others, but overall i think their heart is in the right place.
    Make 2018 best wishes for everybod, god prosper and god bless to everybody in 2018.

That's a shame when I see that, too. Just because people say they believe in God, doesn't mean they allow Him to change their lives.

Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay
    bodybuilding is my god

fellochrist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me, and probably most Christian lifters, it's not so much aspiring to be a "bodybuilder". Rather it's the fitness journey that we're all on, and realizing our abilities and strength are from the Lord.

Bump - never heard this artist before today. Thought I'd share

God does fulfill all of His promises, so true. <3

Nice, thanks for sharing

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Bump - never heard this artist before today. Thought I'd share

God does fulfill all of His promises, so true. <3

Nice song! Thanks for posting.

It’s been getting a fair amount of play on my local Christian radio. Streams online at wordfm.org
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Nice song! Thanks for posting.

It’s been getting a fair amount of play on my local Christian radio. Streams online at wordfm.org
    That’s great! I just discovered it and really like his style. Truth is, the words mean something. I didn’t always have a close relationship with Jesus, but when you do, everything changes. It’s not that your life becomes easier, but it becomes meaningful in a whole new way. So the lyrics of that song speak to me

@pritch - Glad you like it. Hope all is well!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast