Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rafael920Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50)

help

hey guys im also a jesus freak but lately i been having trouble staying out of trouble its like every where i look i see sin specialy in this sport im always thinking of takeing juice i havent done it but i think of it wat should i do

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gained View Post
    No offense or anything but i really hope you guys don't believe religion 100%. You have to believe in something. I believe in all of them and tend to make up my own. To me it seems a bit false trying to live the life destined for someone else but hey it's a free society.
    You can't believe in all religions.

That's like saying you think that the earth is flat and round at the same time.
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rafael920Freak View Post
    hey guys im also a jesus freak but lately i been having trouble staying out of trouble its like every where i look i see sin specialy in this sport im always thinking of takeing juice i havent done it but i think of it wat should i do
    Jesus said we are to obey authority. If authority says that juice is an illegal substance, you follow it.

Who are you going to put first? God? Or yourself? Are you going to displease God so you can grow an extra 2 inches on your biceps?

I like bodybuilding but GOD IS FIRST.

Originally Posted by CyborgX View Post
    I have never used steroids but I don't think it is a sin. It might be looked at as wrong by lawmakers and society because people have used it in sports to gain an advantage (and cheating is a sin), but their use in general shouldn't be looked at in that way. I mean, you have people using all sorts of other drugs that may have side effects harmful to the body, but are they sinning? I don't think so, unless they are using these to willingly facilitate sin. Just like eating 5,000 calories and 3 lb of red meat per day to get bigger stronger will reduce your life span, overuse of steroids will probably do the same. God wants us to be wise when it comes to how we treat our bodies that we have been blessed with.
    It's a sin because we aren't doing what God said when He said to obey authority.

The only time a Christian is to disobey authority is when that authority says to disobey God. However, banning roids is not like banning Christianity.

So yes, juicing is a sin and Ronnie Coleman isn't a Christian if he still uses them (which he most likely does).

Originally Posted by catchfsh View Post
    I believe the life I left behind would have wasted my health and body, In Christ I have a new life and a drive to stay fit and the people I meet in the gym are the crowd I'd rather shoot the breeze with rather than someone on a bar stool. We need a story to tell about ourselves and how Christ changed our lives, my before & after pics are my start to my story.

Be blessed Guys & Gals
    I don't doubt that your story is true or that you didn't make a transformation, but this line of thinking that "God helped me kick a bad habit" or "God helped me transform my body" is really just prosperity preaching. The truth is, Christianity isn't about what God can do for you (or what you can do for God), it's about repenting and trusting Jesus. While it is true that God is in control of everything (yes, even our weight loss and mass building), it shouldn't be our way of witnessing to people because it makes sin look like something that's bad because it negatively affects US. It's a self-centered way of preaching.

We should tell people that they should become Christians not because of what wonderful and worldly things God will accomplish in their life, but they should become Christians because they are SINNERS and they need to REPENT. Sin isn't bad because it negatively affects us physically, but because it OFFENDS GOD. God is Holy, so whether sin is affecting us negatively (it will eventually but it may not at the moment) is a non-issue.

When the Apostles preached, they never made personal testimonies. They just told people that they were sinners and they needed to repent. They appealed to fulfilled prophecy and the miracles Jesus did, but never to their own personal gain from following Christ.

We should all remember that the Apostles lost their lives for Christ. I'm not saying you should quit lifting or your job but to think that the main reason a person should be a Christian is because God will make them prosper is very dangerous since it makes people think God is just some co-pilot that's here to just give friendly advice and guide you whenever you stumble. The relationship between God and us is that of a Patron and a client, not of a contemporary friend.

Anyway I'm getting a bit rambly (is that a word) here and I don't mean any disrespect.

Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000) Baccaga is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great to see other dedicated Christian bodybuilders. The body is the temple of Christ and should be treated as such; those who fail to maximize the potential of the body fail to fully utilize one of the greatest gifts of God.
    I REP BACK (1K+); please write "REP BACK" in comment.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hmmm... Good Question

This is only my second week of really working at this weightlifting and bodybuilding lifestyle. So, I don't have an answer about fasting effects the body of bodybuilders...but its good for the believer's spirit...LOL!!! I am gonna look into that man and have an answer as soon as possible. This week I fasted Wednesday, which was my off day from the weights. I did Cardio and had a supplement drink afterwards for recovery with about 20grams of protein in it.
    To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done!

nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just stumbled across this thread, and I'm glad I did!! It's great to see so many Christians on this site. Christ works in mysterious ways, and this is a great example!

God Bless!
    "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior from violent men you save me. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies." 2 Samuel 22: 2-4

GO TIGERS!!!
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!

GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunPowder will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks

Originally Posted by tiedomi511 View Post
    I know that I give all my ability to lift to God first and foremost, and am just wondering who else out there are Christian's lifting for the glory of God?
    I'm glad you raised the subject, brother. What we all could use is a little less explanation of what Christianity is, and a little more demonstration of what it is.

thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thegenerel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GunPowder View Post
    I'm glad you raised the subject, brother. What we all could use is a little less explanation of what Christianity is, and a little more demonstration of what it is.
    i agree. seems like never ending arguments/conversations derail us too much.
    When it comes to the NHL thread I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

Are you preparing your field for the rain?

Steelers/Penguins/Penn State/Pirates/USA

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thegenerel View Post
    i agree. seems like never ending arguments/conversations derail us too much.
    Amen to that man. Everywhere I go it's nothing but that. I think it just makes people feel good and smug when they bash on people with different beliefs.

apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) apmcmanis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Serious Question

Serious Question
    Not trying to be facisous or anything honest.

I hear constantly "for the glory of God/Christ" and on this forum several "I lift/bodybuild for the glory of God/Christ"

Webster Definition of Glory:
    1 a: praise, honor, or distinction extended by common consent : renown b: worshipful praise, honor, and thanksgiving <giving glory to God>
    2 a: something that secures praise or renown <the glory of a brilliant career> b: a distinguished quality or asset

Question : How does bodybuilding/lifing glorify God?

I understand keeping in good health honors Gods gift of your physical being but bodybuilding for God? I don't get it. Wouldn't bodybuilding be considered vanity? I think the term "for the glory of God" is thrown around WAY to loosely.
    It's a great day to be a Blazer!!

profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50) profdlp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by apmcmanis View Post
    ...Wouldn't bodybuilding be considered vanity?...
    Actually, you pretty much nailed the reason right there. It all comes down to motive, really. Any bodybuilder who is doing it solely for reasons of vanity is also likely to to be kind of a jerk. (And I do mean any bodybuilder, not just a Christian.) We probably all know a few people like that in out gym and, let's face it, they are hard folks to like.

I'll let others speak for themselves, but I feel that bodybuilding "for the glory of God" requires the following:

1) A sense of humility. As a Christian, I acknowledge that the good things I have in life are blessings from God, not the result of my own goodness.

2) A sense of dedication. God doesn't want us doing things halfway. We've all encountered the "Christian guy" at work (or wherever) who is lazy and inept. Besides being lousy students, salesmen, bus drivers, or whatever it is they do, those people are also doing a poor job of representing Christ. Someone who is diligent in their daily activities and sets a good example for others through their work ethic is going to command a lot more respect from others than the person who talks the talk but can't back it up.

3) A sense of service. If you are lucky you have also encountered the HUGE guy in the gym who always has time to provide a cheerful tip for the beginner who is seeking advice. (This ties in well with the "sense of humility" aspect, since an arrogant jerk who is stuck on himself will probably treat that same beginner with a condescending attitude.) Loving your neighbor and treating others as you would like to be treated are a big part of glorifying God, since you are following his commandments.

I could go on and on, but you can probably figure out other ways that these principles would apply and how they would make a dedicated Christian someone you would like to have for a friend. Unfortunately, there are too many Christians who come across as smug know-it-alls. (I'm not referring to anyone here, by the way.) For what it's worth, they irritate their fellow Christians, too.

Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000) Muskle is just really nice. (+1000)
    in!

ive recently just finished reading the shole Samuel 2 (David's Time)

and right now im trying to remember the Fathers Prayer
    Atlanta!

xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxmaxmusclexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation Lift For Life And Live For Christ

Originally Posted by apmcmanis View Post
    Serious Question
    Not trying to be facisous or anything honest.

I hear constantly "for the glory of God/Christ" and on this forum several "I lift/bodybuild for the glory of God/Christ"

Webster Definition of Glory:
    1 a: praise, honor, or distinction extended by common consent : renown b: worshipful praise, honor, and thanksgiving <giving glory to God>
    2 a: something that secures praise or renown <the glory of a brilliant career> b: a distinguished quality or asset

Question : How does bodybuilding/lifing glorify God?

I understand keeping in good health honors Gods gift of your physical being but bodybuilding for God? I don't get it. Wouldn't bodybuilding be considered vanity? I think the term "for the glory of God" is thrown around WAY to loosely.
    "Whatever you do whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31
    Give God glory in all that you do.
    And oh yea.. IN!
    LIFT FOR LIFE AND LIVE FOR CHRIST!

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also think that God wants us to excel in the talents He gives to us.

But all were really good answers, especially 1 Corinth 10:31.

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have just started to train for powerlifting. I am so enthusiastic about it. I played baseball through college and I felt closer to God (in terms of just hanging out with my Father) on the field than ever before. When I trained for hypertrophy after last season (my senior season) ended, I didn't really feel it. It was more for myself. Now it's cool to have a prayer session before training. One more thing, my dad today pointed out to me that in his life his relationship with God dictates how other relationships in his life go. That said, I think your status with God reflects how you will feel about your training (not necessarily your success).

You will be less tempted to do steroids or strive for results in that way.

bebigbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jay Rawd View Post
    It's a sin because we aren't doing what God said when He said to obey authority.

The only time a Christian is to disobey authority is when that authority says to disobey God. However, banning roids is not like banning Christianity.

So yes, juicing is a sin and Ronnie Coleman isn't a Christian if he still uses them (which he most likely does).
    I have read all your posts with regards to christians and bodybuilding etc, and i am sorry to say this but you hold some ridiculous beliefs and are the reason why christians get bad names.

I am a devote christian and I take steroids. I beleive that gods calling wa for me to go into this wonderful sport and teach other people and by leading others in the way of my strength, size and body i will lead them to God also. Just like Ronnie Coleman, who undoubtly is a 100% believer and who is the greatest bodybuilder ever to have lived.

We can all interprate the bible in whatever ways we want to. My faith never waivers and as far as im concerned i am doing it for god, as well as myself to fulfill his wish.
    "If you always do as you always did, you`ll always get what you always got!"

Originally Posted by bebigbaby View Post
    I am a devote christian and I take steroids.
    Aren't steroids bad for you?

Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Good Friday

Hey everybody. Are you guys going to special services tonight? We are having Communion Services tonight.

Today also marks a month I have been working out consistently. Praise God.

Be encouraged in all things that you do!!!!

God Bless
    To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done!

Originally Posted by Unique_weed View Post
    Hey everybody. Are you guys going to special services tonight? We are having Communion Services tonight.

Today also marks a month I have been working out consistently. Praise God.

Be encouraged in all things that you do!!!!

God Bless
    Good job brother. No.. just a morning potluck and fellowship on Sunday with services and whatnot. Then my family is going to come over and watch The Passion of the Christ on Blu-ray and hopefully enjoy more good food. I think this is an important film with an incredible message for Christians.

bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000)
    im in
    SIZE DONT LIE

bebigbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Aren't steroids bad for you?
    Please research before posting something like that.

Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you.

There are people in this world who take a peanut, just one, put it in there mouths and go into anaphylactic shock. Do we ban peanuts and sue god for making them? No.

Anything can be bad for anyone. Abuse and yes, of course they are. But i cant see what that has got to do with being a christian who takes steroids.

jesus announced himself as the son of god infront of the jews, that could be summerised as being bad for his health too.......
    "If you always do as you always did, you`ll always get what you always got!"

lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not a bb but definitely Christian and want to put on some muscle!

Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Amen to that man. Everywhere I go it's nothing but that. I think it just makes people feel good and smug when they bash on people with different beliefs.
    lol

Ok Mr. Post-Modern.

Please research before posting something like that.

Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you.

There are people in this world who take a peanut, just one, put it in there mouths and go into anaphylactic shock. Do we ban peanuts and sue god for making them? No.

Anything can be bad for anyone. Abuse and yes, of course they are. But i cant see what that has got to do with being a christian who takes steroids.

jesus announced himself as the son of god infront of the jews, that could be summerised as being bad for his health too.......
    Steroids are also illegal. As Christians we must obey authority (unless said authority tells us not to be Christian).

Steroids don't qualify. Sorry. Unless they become legal then don't use them.

They could be the best thing in the world (I don't know nor do I care) and totally healthy (they might be) but if you're breaking the law actively to pursue your narcissim over your covenant with Yah, you are not a Christian.

I have read all your posts with regards to christians and bodybuilding etc, and i am sorry to say this but you hold some ridiculous beliefs and are the reason why christians get bad names.
    Boo hoo.

I am a devote christian and I take steroids. I beleive that gods calling wa for me to go into this wonderful sport and teach other people and by leading others in the way of my strength, size and body i will lead them to God also.
    God's only purpose for us is to glorify him. Breaking the law in order to pursue our narcissistic desires is not glorifying God. Preaching the Gospel, sharing our faith, is.

You can be the strongest man in the world and still be dead inside. God does not care about that.

Just like Ronnie Coleman, who undoubtly is a 100% believer and who is the greatest bodybuilder ever to have lived.
    Yes he's a great bodybuilder but he's not a true believer if he forgets that God calls us to obey authority (Hebrews 13:17), then he keeps sinning without repenting. Very un-Christian.

We can all interprate the bible in whatever ways we want to.
    Okay. Let's see how you like it when I interpret what you say the way I want to:

Originally Posted by bebigbaby
    I worship Satan and eat babies for all of my 6 meals. They're high in protein.
    That's MY interpretation of what you're saying. If you don't like it, you're being TOO JUDGMENTAL and very UNLOVING. Why do you hate me?

My faith never waivers and as far as im concerned i am doing it for god, as well as myself to fulfill his wish.
    I can't see how taking steroids is done for God.

marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) marshjo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

glad to see thi site!! also think its kinda funny people who dont believe in religion couldnt stay away! and had to comment, so good job for making a difference, least he thought about it...

boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boarsnout1021 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

legalities

Originally Posted by CyborgX View Post
    I have never used steroids but I don't think it is a sin. It might be looked at as wrong by lawmakers and society because people have used it in sports to gain an advantage (and cheating is a sin), but their use in general shouldn't be looked at in that way. I mean, you have people using all sorts of other drugs that may have side effects harmful to the body, but are they sinning? I don't think so, unless they are using these to willingly facilitate sin. Just like eating 5,000 calories and 3 lb of red meat per day to get bigger stronger will reduce your life span, overuse of steroids will probably do the same. God wants us to be wise when it comes to how we treat our bodies that we have been blessed with.
    I do a lot of work with a Christian organization in the Far East. In several of these countries it is not against the law to use steroids. At my age (over 50) I have found it very useful to use sane amounts of steroids (kind of like what TRT is). But when I return to the States later, I will of course not use them because they are against the law unless prescribed. I do plan to have the necessary paperwork here to show that I have low test levels, and continue to get the necessary shots when in the States. So I will partially answer my own question. If I break a law in order to do something that wasn't commanded by God, then in that intance I am sinning, because I am deliberately sinning a law that the US has created. Here because it is not illegal, then in that sense it is not sin. So if Ronnie Coleman goes down to Mexico and get his shots there, then the legal point would not be an issue (that as far as I know Mexico does not prohibit steroid use). But if he buys them and then sneaks them back into the States, then it becomes a sin issue because he has violated what God is talking about in Romans 13. Still working through the issue of whether it is appropriate or not (if not medically needed) to take steroids if the country you are in does not prohibit them. Thoughts anyone?

Registered User ThatKidNextDoor's Avatar
    ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatKidNextDoor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Count me in!

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast