Thread: Quad Tear drop

BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Quad Tear drop

I have a muscle imbalance i can tell my outer quads are huge compared to my tear drops.... and i can tell there is a tracking problem starting in my knee from the knee cap being pulled outward by the quads (outer is alot stronger then inner).........

does any1 know soem really good excerises to strengthen up the tear drop?
    did any have this problem?
    and what did yoru therapist tell u to do and how many times a week?

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doing your normal leg exercises with your toes pointed outward helps develop the inside of the quad. You can do this with squats, leg presses, and leg extensions.
    "If ye **** wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try em on leg presses
    toes outward like a 45 degree angle
    also try leg press with feet on high platform
    instead of the low one

[[Insert title here]] superfunk's Avatar
    superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have had the same problem. My physio suggested doing leg extensions while squeezing a tennis ball between the knees.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Arrow

Front squats

Barbell lunges with a deep bend
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by superfunk
    I have had the same problem. My physio suggested doing leg extensions while squeezing a tennis ball between the knees.
    not to be harsh but i'd change physio's.

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I personally wouldn't get carried away with the toes out thing. The main thing is to build up the mass of the lower quads with heavy weight and good form. While squats will do it, it's harder to isolate the muscles with 'em. So you should also do heavy leg presses and front squats or hack squats. Extensions are good too if done with strict form and worked up to heavy weights.

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everyone's advice thus far should be considered. To really get the pump going in your vastus medialis (tear drop) try doing any press/ squat at the end of your workout by only pulsing the bottom 1/3 of the movement. It is similiar to a partial rep, but the motion is drastically limited and you focus entirely on getting a really good stretch. This is a great finisher and really forces blood into the muscle and stretches it out at the same time.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anything with a deep bend with give you the quad sweep
    Chicks dig big calves

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I feel em by getting the maximal possible contraction on the leg extensions, trying to hold it for a split second and actually raise my hips off the bench a little. Also really deep hack squats and sissy squats seem to do the trick.

LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LRV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69
    Front squats

Barbell lunges with a deep bend

Yah, 4 sure add some front squats & some hacks squats. Also, hindu squats are great as well.
    LRV

exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thespokesman
    try em on leg presses
    toes outward like a 45 degree angle
    also try leg press with feet on high platform
    instead of the low one
    High on the platform is more glutes and hams than quads.
    Do you think that your better than me?
    You better wake up cause you know it's a lie.

Friends don't let friends buy from Protein Factory...

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had 3 knee surgeries on my right knee. I have been out of the gym for almost a year and a half. My right leg is about 1.5 inches smaller then my left. To me, my left leg looks fine, i can flex it and i see all 3 heads...but my right sux. I cant straighten my leg out completely, it is going to be a long road. My PT suggested leg extentions with toes pointed out a bit, which is really helping. I wish i could squat but i doubt i will ever be able to squat with free weights ever again. I can do smith machine bench squats but i am much better at leg presses. I know how ya feel about the tear drop thing, i cant see it very well in my right leg...but i am drinking milk and i am gonna grow up and be big and strong! lol

exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bodebldr2000
    I had 3 knee surgeries on my right knee. I have been out of the gym for almost a year and a half. My right leg is about 1.5 inches smaller then my left. To me, my left leg looks fine, i can flex it and i see all 3 heads...but my right sux. I cant straighten my leg out completely, it is going to be a long road. My PT suggested leg extentions with toes pointed out a bit, which is really helping. I wish i could squat but i doubt i will ever be able to squat with free weights ever again. I can do smith machine bench squats but i am much better at leg presses. I know how ya feel about the tear drop thing, i cant see it very well in my right leg...but i am drinking milk and i am gonna grow up and be big and strong! lol
    bodebldr...when you bench squat everytime your butt touchs the bench your putting a large stress on your spine. I really don't even want to think what happens if you have muscle failure and fall onto the bench. Better not to use a bench or even a box.

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by exfatman
    bodebldr...when you bench squat everytime your butt touchs the bench your putting a large stress on your spine. I really don't even want to think what happens if you have muscle failure and fall onto the bench. Better not to use a bench or even a box.

Really? wow! Thank you for sharing that. I never knew that. I wont do them anymore. I wondered why my lower back hurt after a few sets! I will have to stick with leg press, leg ext, leg curls and light...very light hack squats. Thanks bro...reps!

Really? wow! Thank you for sharing that. I never knew that. I wont do them anymore. I wondered why my lower back hurt after a few sets! I will have to stick with leg press, leg ext, leg curls and light...very light hack squats. Thanks bro...reps!
    I was kind of surprised at the number o people around that recommend and use them and quite alot of them suffer from lower back pain and they can't understand why. Think about it...do you really think it is good for your spine when you sit with an extra 300 lbs right over your spinal vertabrae? Personally I wish my gym would ban them...

well i wont be doing them anymore. i mean i never "sat down" with the weight, as soon as i felt the bench touch my dairy aire i came back up, but i can see how easy it would be to screw yourself up big time.

thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High on the platform is more glutes and hams than quads.
    i do them for that exact reason u said
    but after a pre-fatigued quad workout
    you will feel it there too

BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow.... alot of great responces... thx alot guys 4 the help i will get a repping once i recharge.....

i'm going to try light weight leg extension and front squats with toes out... and yes i go deep on the squats always

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FarEastBeast
    I personally wouldn't get carried away with the toes out thing. The main thing is to build up the mass of the lower quads with heavy weight and good form. While squats will do it, it's harder to isolate the muscles with 'em. So you should also do heavy leg presses and front squats or hack squats. Extensions are good too if done with strict form and worked up to heavy weights.
    Totally agree, in addition try some 20 Rep Squat Sets (front/back) with 10 Reps weights, they are a true builder
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

Originally Posted by HighRevinSi
    Totally agree, in addition try some 20 Rep Squat Sets (front/back) with 10 Reps weights, they are a true builder
    Of a bit more than quads...

hey exfatman, in you honest opinion, can someone get good leg size from just doing leg press, leg ext and leg curls? i cant squat so i am a slave to the press. i want to compete in june...what do you think? Also, have you heard of the Max OT training program? is it any good? I need to add some leg size...well, all over size really. any thoughts?

hey exfatman, in you honest opinion, can someone get good leg size from just doing leg press, leg ext and leg curls? i cant squat so i am a slave to the press. i want to compete in june...what do you think? Also, have you heard of the Max OT training program? is it any good? I need to add some leg size...well, all over size really. any thoughts?
    From leg press yes. Not from extention and lying curls. I heard of MaxOT but I am not to sure what it exactly consists of. You want mass? Stick to compound movements AND rest. Most people work again before they are fully recovered and muscles won't grow then. Even if you work different muscles it is still cutting into the bodies ability to recover and grow. Leave the shaping and isolation stuff alone till after there is mass to shape.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Leg extentions.

I always really feel them in the vastus medialis
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

From leg press yes. Not from extention and lying curls. I heard of MaxOT but I am not to sure what it exactly consists of. You want mass? Stick to compound movements AND rest. Most people work again before they are fully recovered and muscles won't grow then. Even if you work different muscles it is still cutting into the bodies ability to recover and grow. Leave the shaping and isolation stuff alone till after there is mass to shape.

Thanks, knowing that leg presses will work for me is nice to know! here is the link to max ot, you may have to join (free) to read up on it but it seems to be a decent workout.
    http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot_intro.asp

legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legs 30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    Leg extentions.

I always really feel them in the vastus medialis
    Works for me.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1- front squats , 2- hack squat 3- leg extention ( toes pointed in towards each other )
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

waseem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waseem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Deep bend lunges always burn my VM.