unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Philosophy doesn't solve problems, only science can (Slavoj Zizek on philosophy)

Hello all: Watch this cool analysis by the Hegelian, Lacanian philosopher Slavoj Zizek comparing science and philosophy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5mTlYe3_2WM

unsoberx
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10) judgeposer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    Hello all: Watch this cool analysis by the Hegelian, Lacanian philosopher Slavoj Zizek comparing science and philosophy:

unsoberx
    I enjoyed the clip, and usually enjoy Zizek's work. He also showed how philosophers can make distinctions. . .

I've always viewed philosophy as the discipline that keeps the other's in check in that philosophers often, through logical analysis, determine the sorts of claims those other disciplines can make. Here, I'm really speaking of the Anglo-American tradition--not the Continental, in which Zizek operates.
    Judge Poser

I'm working on my powerlifting total weight: deadlift, bench press, and squat.

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good points. I'd like to watch the documentary, but I don't think I could get through and hour and a half of that guy's lisp!

bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000)
    One thing that pisses me off about Philosophy( I'm in it now) is the mentioning of "Is god real?" and people/authors explain why he isn't or is.

It pisses me off because if you ask me your never going to get a comfortable answer for yourself. So you might as well shut the hell up and enjoy your time you have while you are alive. Because thats whats for sure real, your surroundings. Taking Philosophy I thought was going to help me enjoy my life more and see things better and appreciate everything. Instead it's trying to make me think of such irrelevant crap. Do I know gods up there? No. Do I think he is? Yes.

It's just annoying listening to someone explain there thoughts on such pointless crap, and wasting time. You'll never find a answer!

Other than that Philosophy is cool.

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bearfan34201 View Post
    One thing that pisses me off about Philosophy( I'm in it now) is the mentioning of "Is god real?" and people/authors explain why he isn't or is.

It pisses me off because if you ask me your never going to get a comfortable answer for yourself. So you might as well shut the hell up and enjoy your time you have while you are alive. Because thats whats for sure real, your surroundings. Taking Philosophy I thought was going to help me enjoy my life more and see things better and appreciate everything. Instead it's trying to make me think of such irrelevant crap. Do I know gods up there? No. Do I think he is? Yes.

It's just annoying listening to someone explain there thoughts on such pointless crap, and wasting time. You'll never find a answer!

Other than that Philosophy is cool.
    It's not the subject, but the method they're trying to teach you.

The questions of "What is knowledge" "Is god real" "What is good & evil" etc. have a lot of material on them, and thus are good material for a beginner philosophy class.

Try not to get hung up on the subject. Just learn the methods.

My philosophy class really helped me debate in a more logical manner and persuasive manner.

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey you all: don't gorget Fredrich Nietzsche, the philosopher of bodybuilders, power, will to power, and the eternal return. If it wasn't for philosophy i wouldn't be suffering and going to hell like Ulises and the tragic heroes. The discipline of suffering is what makes us great:

"To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities - I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not - that one endures."
    (The Will to Power, p 905)

"You want, if possible - and there is no more insane "if possible" - to abolish suffering. And we? It really seems that we would rather have it higher and worse than ever. Well-being as you understand it - that is no goal, that seems to us an end, a state that soon makes man ridiculous and contemptible - that makes his destruction desirable. The discipline of suffering, of great suffering - do you not know that only this discipline has created all enhancements of man so far?"
    (Beyond Good and Evil, p 225 )

"I do not point to the evil and pain of existence with the finger of reproach, but rather entertain the hope that life may one day become more evil and more full of suffering than it has ever been."
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    (1844-1900)

NIETZSCHE MOVIE:

http://nietzsche.com/nietzsche-video.html

unsoberx
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

Great links to learn about the global-elite

Hey cool nick: Anti-globalists. If it wasn't for the internet, i wouldn't know any thing about politics, philosophy, world politics, the Bilderbergs, zionists, and the real causes for the US and Israel wars in the middle east :-)

Here are great links about to learn about the global elite:

http://www.axisoflogic.org

http://www.commondreams.org

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info

http://www.opednews.com

http://www.informationliberation.com

http://www.prisonplanet.com

http://www.911blogger.com

unsoberx

Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    It's not the subject, but the method they're trying to teach you.

The questions of "What is knowledge" "Is god real" "What is good & evil" etc. have a lot of material on them, and thus are good material for a beginner philosophy class.

Try not to get hung up on the subject. Just learn the methods.

My philosophy class really helped me debate in a more logical manner and persuasive manner.

Registered User user23960508710783's Avatar
    user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post

unsoberx
    lol, I saw the word "Hegelian" and I immediately tuned out.