Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hardknuckle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can do a full push-up, how does that convert to max bench?
    Sorry, I have to stop doing that.

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by DarkFalcon
    Oh man the BS on this thread is really thick..lol. I won't name names but I've heard more credible fishing stories about the monsters that get away..lol. I'd say 95% of you under 18's saying you bench over 300 are full of it. Prove me wrong and post a series of pics of you doing it like Railz did.

after reading all this i think alot is bs. i can't believe all these 180 pounders are lifting 300.

i am 17, been training correctly for 3-4 months, and i went from 115 to 190. i don't bench though. 190 is a hella lot for me, and i am damn pround. when i see guys way smaller than me saying they bench 250 i can't help but laugh. i even got in a fist fight once over how much a guy could bench. he went nuts. anyways 250 by march WAS my goal, but i got injured and havent lifted for a month this thursday

raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Blindfaith
    i rarely do barbell bench press....but last night i wanted to know what my 1RM was.

i did 320lbs...and i was completly out of breath afterwards. When i started training about 4 years ago...my max bench was 85lbs.
    so let me get this straight you were going to do 315 (3 plates) and then decided that wasn't enough so you bumped it up to 320 by adding 2 1/2's on each side? lol
    Pumping Iron in Valhalla

Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000)
    hahah rap, youre right that is funny. "well i dunno 315 isnt quite enough... better add the two and halfs!"

DT, hey man i cant stand when people say "ive been training for (insert time here, usually small amount) correctly"

Ive trained for a little over 3 yrs now, and the first year and half even two wasnt correct (i overtrained alot) but i wont ever say "ive been training for 1 yr correctly". It's a way for people to make it sound like they are moving up faster than they are.
    (not saying you are using it for that purpose but most guys do)

"ive been training for 6 months now properly and i can bench 300lbs!"

i dunno, the whole thing just annoys me.

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the thing is, that i am

i mean at first i wasn't eating right or supplementing or training right. now i have a 5 day split, i get enough rest, i supplement correctly, i eat every 3 hours. i didn't do any of that at first. i think it is a fair statement on my part. your just bored and you are picking apart my statements. so if that is the case, go through all my posts and spell check them

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I saw Scott Mendelson bench 701 raw with a pause two weeks ago at powerlifting meet.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000) Smackdown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by D-Termine
    the thing is, that i am

i mean at first i wasn't eating right or supplementing or training right. now i have a 5 day split, i get enough rest, i supplement correctly, i eat every 3 hours. i didn't do any of that at first. i think it is a fair statement on my part. your just bored and you are picking apart my statements. so if that is the case, go through all my posts and spell check them
    no, i was saying that i get annoyed when people say that theyve trained for x amount of time properly. just say how long youve been working out. i wasnt eating properly or supplementing those first years but i still say ive been training for 3 years.

it is a fair statement on your part but why not just say how long it's been since your first workout? Most guys say how long theyve been training properly but that ignores the fact that for the first while they were learning so the weights werent moving up as easily. That would give another person a more accurate idea of how long it would take to increase any lift.

peace

thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000)
    I never maxed out or used a lot of weight on bench since I train alone.. im gonna have to see what my 1rm is

And are you stoping at the bottom and locking your elbows at the top of the movement when you say you can bench X ??
    I rape back.
    If you were half as good as me you'd be close to perfection.
    "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off." - Brock Lesnar

Erekose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erekose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erekose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Bench

New to the Board BTW...

My best was 425 for 6 on the incline.
    I never do/did singles. Bodybuilder not a powerlifter.

This was @ 19 with a BW of about 225.
    I am 33 now and can't even look at 425 on the incline now...

Re: Best Bench

Originally posted by Erekose
    New to the Board BTW...

sorry i may be out of line but to the untrained eye, this sounds looks and smells like bull****. and you know what that mean.......

Originally posted by Smackdown
    no, i was saying that i get annoyed when people say that theyve trained for x amount of time properly. just say how long youve been working out. i wasnt eating properly or supplementing those first years but i still say ive been training for 3 years.

it is a fair statement on your part but why not just say how long it's been since your first workout? Most guys say how long theyve been training properly but that ignores the fact that for the first while they were learning so the weights werent moving up as easily. That would give another person a more accurate idea of how long it would take to increase any lift.

peace
    i was training before that, but the same thing everyother day, no nutrition etc. i see what your saying, but the gains i made after i got to free weights was so incredible that the past would not even be worth a mention.

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by DarkFalcon
    Oh man the BS on this thread is really thick..lol. I won't name names but I've heard more credible fishing stories about the monsters that get away..lol. I'd say 95% of you under 18's saying you bench over 300 are full of it. Prove me wrong and post a series of pics of you doing it like Railz did.
    i put up a pic of myself at age 16 when i was 245..at that point i was in the low 300's -325 on the bench. anyone could see that i could hit that weight by my pictures. i also had my one of my training partners during HS( who currently attendeds George Mason University) come on this board, he only has one post, and tell you guys that i leg pressed 1310 when i was 16 and how people got pissed that i would use all the damn 45 plates. I go to a school in southeastern VA.... Dorian checked the IP's to show people that it indeed wasnt me and it was my old training partner from george mason university................ i dunno what other proof yall want

peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    my dad once caught a great white, wrestled a grizzly bear, and skinned a live crocodile with bare hands, at 157lb
    if you don't mind it, it doesn't matter

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Antaeus
    I saw Scott Mendelson bench 701 raw with a pause two weeks ago at powerlifting meet.
    Check it out:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...462#post713462
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

you too huh? well MY dad once had sex with 5 women in one night after he beat up three bouncers and downed 14 shots of ninety proof vodka. beat that

Erekose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erekose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erekose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Best Bench

Originally posted by D-Termine
    sorry i may be out of line but to the untrained eye, this sounds looks and smells like bull****. and you know what that mean.......

That's fine if you think so.

I took 6th (lthv) in the NPC teenage Nats. some years ago if that lends some worth to the situation.

Cheers

freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Best Bench

New to the Board BTW...

If that's true, damn. I've seen 300+ lbs. professional wrestlers with 24" arms who couldn't do that. Repping 425 for 6 on the incline would easily give you a 500+ lbs maybe even 600 lbs. max on flat bench. I thought I was strong at 19, doing 385 at 167 lbs. You must've been like Eddie Robinson to bench that much at age 19. I maxed 405 recently and couldn't even do 275 for 6 on the incline.

Re: Re: Best Bench

Originally posted by freaker
    If that's true, damn. I've seen 300+ lbs. professional wrestlers with 24" arms who couldn't do that. Repping 425 for 6 on the incline would easily give you a 500+ lbs maybe even 600 lbs. max on flat bench. I thought I was strong at 19, doing 385 at 167 lbs. You must've been like Eddie Robinson to bench that much at age 19. I maxed 405 recently and couldn't even do 275 for 6 on the incline.

See, now I am have to go back into the gym and try to push real weight again...

BTW, I was (still am) always stronger in the incline than the flat. Don't know why, just my upper body mechjanics I assume. My behind the neck press was also pretty good at that time.
    I had horrible leverage but a lot of power.

I feel old
    Last edited by Erekose; 10-23-2002 at 08:44 PM.

Originally posted by joehagyHH
    i put up a pic of myself at age 16 when i was 245..at that point i was in the low 300's -325 on the bench. anyone could see that i could hit that weight by my pictures. i also had my one of my training partners during HS( who currently attendeds George Mason University) come on this board, he only has one post, and tell you guys that i leg pressed 1310 when i was 16 and how people got pissed that i would use all the damn 45 plates. I go to a school in southeastern VA.... Dorian checked the IP's to show people that it indeed wasnt me and it was my old training partner from george mason university................ i dunno what other proof yall want
    Joe i believe you benched what you bench but there is no way you leg pressed 1310 at 16 yrs old. Watch Dorian's training video, for sets he only did 1200+ pounds for 10 reps and he was KILLING himself. His crazy looking partner only did one rep at that weight and he was a beast too. I know a guy at my gym (who's pretty strong) that says he lifts all this weight (and he does) but ive seen him and they are always half reps at every weight. Half benches for 315, quarter leg presses at 1250lbs.

Real leg press is knees to chest (or damn near close, dont want to injure your back) There is no way i believe anyone that says they bench 1200+ when Dorian himself does that weight.

I had another friend at school (big guy) and he used to put 10 plates on the leg press machine (on each side) but he would only do half reps.

There is no way you touched your knees to your chest for a rep. If you could do that at 16 you wouldnt be on the boards right now youd be a champion powerlifter or bodybuilder.

Sorry man but id have to see that to believe it.
    Last edited by Smackdown; 10-23-2002 at 11:58 PM.

Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not saying i doubt you guys, but more than 70% in here are benching over 350 and most are well under 25. If i were to go to my gym there would be two members that could bench more than that. If i were to go to Premier Fitness where some real monsters dwell maybe 20 guys out of 2000 members could bench 350+ if even that many.

It is just weird to me. No I'm not jealous, it is awesome that many of you bench 350 and more but that is something I never actually see in the gym.

Maybe it's something they put in American water
    Bump
    Th - And the iron rises...

Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thomas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hahah rap, youre right that is funny. "well i dunno 315 isnt quite enough... better add the two and halfs!"

DT, hey man i cant stand when people say "ive been training for (insert time here, usually small amount) correctly"

Ive trained for a little over 3 yrs now, and the first year and half even two wasnt correct (i overtrained alot) but i wont ever say "ive been training for 1 yr correctly". It's a way for people to make it sound like they are moving up faster than they are.
    (not saying you are using it for that purpose but most guys do)

"ive been training for 6 months now properly and i can bench 300lbs!"

i dunno, the whole thing just annoys me.
    Bump

Two years training and 300lbs? sounds questionable but if you started at 170 then you have excellent genetics (great structure, thick stocky build) and it's probably possible. If you are training as a powerlifter then i can see it happening but a true bodybuilder would have a tough time accomplishing that feat.

I know many guys that are pretty damn big and they cant bench well over 300, i know powerlifters who max at 350 after years and years of training.

Oh well id personally like to follow anyone for two years and see if they can touch 300lbs. My training partner is up to 235 after about a year total in training but he also weighs 250. He will bench 300 by year 2 but again he is 250.
    Bump

fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by thegamecdr
    LMAO at the majority of these posts. We should hold a poll now to see who lied the most on their bench!

Sure are a lot of really strong 14 year olds in here..
    lol... exactly
    life in the Blue house....

Dying to enter the 32nd degree, and on to the burning sands.....

2B1 ASK 1

fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by peternorth
    my dad once caught a great white, wrestled a grizzly bear, and skinned a live crocodile with bare hands, at 157lb
    lmao.... fits in well with some of the posts

2B1 ASK 1

Re: Re: Re: Best Bench

That's fine if you think so.

I took 6th (lthv) in the NPC teenage Nats. some years ago if that lends some worth to the situation.

Cheers
    a pic might help

2B1 ASK 1

Cool man...

I sure hope to get strong as some of you..

2B1 ASK 1

__HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down Bull**** artists

Only two people here listed a MAX bench that was below 200 pounds.
    Unlike you people i live in the real world, and in the real world (yes counted as a full grown adult man), 80% of people cant bench 200 pounds.
    How am i supposed to believe some 15 year old can bench 300+ pounds at less than 220 pounts of bodyweight.
    So i know 95% of you are bull**** artists.
    Why do all these bench polls result in people lying.
    Pathetic.

Re: Bull**** artists

Originally posted by __HaGGiS__
    Only two people here listed a MAX bench that was below 200 pounds.
    Unlike you people i live in the real world, and in the real world (yes counted as a full grown adult man), 80% of people cant bench 200 pounds.
    How am i supposed to believe some 15 year old can bench 300+ pounds at less than 220 pounts of bodyweight.
    So i know 95% of you are bull**** artists.
    Why do all these bench polls result in people lying.
    Pathetic.
    i agree with you, but i personally can legitimately press 215lbs (which isnt that heavy really for an experienced trainer) I've also trained for 3 years though. It will take me another 3 im sure to bench 315.

peace

__HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Re: Bull**** artists

i agree with you, but i personally can legitimately press 215lbs (which isnt that heavy really for an experienced trainer) I've also trained for 3 years though. It will take me another 3 im sure to bench 315.

peace
    See, now they are realistic numbers, the kind that i would expect.
    Keep up the good lifting, and at least you know your hard work and lifts are real.

Re: Re: Re: Bull**** artists

Originally posted by __HaGGiS__
    See, now they are realistic numbers, the kind that i would expect.
    Keep up the good lifting, and at least you know your hard work and lifts are real.
    thank you.

Peace