eddie269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to utilize flax seed into my diet

OK guys. I am still fairly new to this diet. But I decided to pick up some whole ground flax seed from my local store and am confused on when and how much to use per day. I understand this is the "good fat" and I should eat this to help keep out the "bad fat." Am I correct on that one?

In that case, when should I use this flax seed? I am guessing it'd be ok to use a serving in my protein cereal in the mornings and also another serving in my lunch somehow?

Let me know your suggestions. Thanks.

EDIT: forgot to add that my main concern is I don't want to eat too much or too little. Just want to know the right amounts and if I should incorporate it into my pre or post workout protein shakes. And yes I trieed searching with no luck.
    Last edited by eddie269; 01-07-2006 at 03:32 PM.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat about a tablespoon (4 teaspoons) on your cereal.

leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000) leblanc is just really nice. (+1000)
    I myself prefer just to put a tablespoon of it in my mouth, take a drink of water, swish it around inside my mouth and swallow. I don't really like the taste of it or texture of it in my food so I find this way it gets it over quick. I usually eat it right after a meal if I need some good fats to balance the meal out a little better. I also suggest storing the ground flax in the fridge. Room temperature decreases shelf life of ground flax. That's why I don't really like buying ground flax because I don't know how long it's been sitting on the shelf at the store. And if you bought a large bag of it, then it might be awhile before you use it all. I just buy the seeds and grind them myself in a coffe grinder. Whole seeds can be stored for months on the cupboard.
    I don't think you should put it in your PWO shake because I've read here that you should avoid all fats immediately following your workout since it delays the absorption.
    Last edited by leblanc; 01-07-2006 at 06:35 PM.

Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500)
    I personally just take 1tbsp of flax oil with my vitamins in the morning...

eddie269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I read in the sticky to avoid ALL fats in my post work out meal/shake. I'll just "eat" it in the morning along with my multivitamin.

lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GregT
    Eat about a tablespoon (4 teaspoons) on your cereal.

actually a tblspn is 3 teaspoons but w/e....