Thread: torn tricep?

joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

torn tricep?

Hey guys, i got a question about left tricep.

Ok so the last time i lifted was back/chest day (never felt sharp pain during workout) that was 2 weeks ago and the day after i last lifted my left lower tricep (on the side right above the elbow) really hurt... so i figured it was was torn.. iv stoped lifting for 2 weeks to date and it only hurts right after i do phiscical activity... like last night i was playing basket ball and right after my arm was killing me. And just now i just got done cutting fire wood and its killing me now!!

I was wondering if this is a torn muscle or what? and how long should it take to recover.
    Curently cutting.

MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just had torn triceps surgery Joe and if you tore it it would have turned a nasty color black and blue and second..........I tire mine 8 weeks ago and I am in a full arm steel brace and the meat from the triceps fell below the elbow........so most likely you didn't tear it.

The
    Maniac.

joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe4sho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah im not really sure... were it hurts is where if i flex... theres no muscle in that spot so im starting to think its my tendon.

Any one know anything about tendon injuries?

Btw when i put Icey-hot on it..it makes it feel better if thats any help.
    Curently cutting.

contadini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Masked Maniac is right about that. I tore my bicep tendon about a year ago doing deadlifts, when it happened I felt it tear and my bicep rolled up towards my shoulder... Not saying that you don't have a injury, just not as bad... Thats a good thing! Sounds like to me that it's tendonitis or strained, regardless go to a Orthopeadic doctor and have it checked out so they can speed up your recovery. Good Luck!

thanks
    Curently cutting.

bigft has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Torn tricep

Originally Posted by joe4sho View Post
    Hey guys, i got a question about left tricep.

Ok so the last time i lifted was back/chest day (never felt sharp pain during workout) that was 2 weeks ago and the day after i last lifted my left lower tricep (on the side right above the elbow) really hurt... so i figured it was was torn.. iv stoped lifting for 2 weeks to date and it only hurts right after i do phiscical activity... like last night i was playing basket ball and right after my arm was killing me. And just now i just got done cutting fire wood and its killing me now!!

I was wondering if this is a torn muscle or what? and how long should it take to recover.
    Ive torn both tricep tendons and both needed surgery. The only was your gonna know is if you go for an MRI. The first time I was doing shoulder press and the second time I was doing tricep pushdowns. Both times I felt a sharp pain in the tip of my elbow. About a week or two later I noticed there was a gap above my elbow. On both occasions my GP said it was nothing to worry but GPs dont know much about torn tricep tendons as they are very rare (less that 5% of upper arm injuries are tricep ruptures). After surgery I was in a half cast for about 5 days. When the cast came off I started to increase the felexibility of my arm. Full flexibility was achieved after about 5 weeks. I started training after 6 weeks, lightly of course. By the 12 week mark after the op I was training at 50%. By the 6 month mark I was back to alomost 100%. Depending on the tear, normally under 50%, an operation is mostly not needed. Good luck

kenjohnson02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Torn Bicep

For the past five years I believe I have a torn bicep muscle when I researched it online it does look similiar to what mine looks like, I dont know how it happened I never experienced any pain when it happened or currently even when I do biceps curls it does not hurt, the only issue I have with it is it looks freaky like an additional muscle by my shoulder but when I flex you can hardly notice it. I was told that I should seek medical attention well I dont have insurance and dont qualify for any type of government assistance and Im barely paying rent by what Im making in this 9-5 min wage job. I really love working on my triceps, biceps. Oh did I mention my age 51 yrs old.*
    So in closing it does not hurt before, during, or after a workout! Should I continue what Im doing or stop like I was told by a personal trainer, and turn into a coach potato again? My philosophy is something is better than nothing. If I've had it for about five years and it doesnt hurt whats the harm with continuing training that muscle group?