avi123321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How to stop diarrhea from creatine?

Hi, I'm taking creatine mono by RSP for a year now with my post shake, on my five workout days. (5g)
    In the last few months, when I opted from three to five workouts a week I started having diarrhea on various levels, didn't realize that the supplement might have some to do with it.

Now, I had two weeks of vacation with no runs, was basically solid and happy.
    Came back yesterday, had one workout and here we go again.

I googled it and found several answers, such as:

Dissolve in hot water, take it with food, take it an hour after a meal, change brands, switch to non-mono (Don't really know the difference) and more.
    Most people noted that taking it with hot water would help, although some refuted the idea.

So I decided to ask the question again, how can I help the leaks? (preferably without having to stop take it) Thank you.

squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidfacejigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by avi123321 View Post
    Hi, I'm taking creatine mono by RSP for a year now with my post shake, on my five workout days. (5g)
    In the last few months, when I opted from three to five workouts a week I started having diarrhea on various levels, didn't realize that the supplement might have some to do with it.

Now, I had two weeks of vacation with no runs, was basically solid and happy.
    Came back yesterday, had one workout and here we go again.

I googled it and found several answers, such as:

Dissolve in hot water, take it with food, take it an hour after a meal, change brands, switch to non-mono (Don't really know the difference) and more.
    Most people noted that taking it with hot water would help, although some refuted the idea.

So I decided to ask the question again, how can I help the leaks? (preferably without having to stop take it) Thank you.
    Creatine with the phosphate group already on it aka creatine phosphate or phosphocreatine, which is the main form of creatine in muscles, when taken orally can be transported across the intestines, and across muscle cells membranes through the phosphate transporter so it won't cause diarrhoea, and will actually get into the cells. It is not commonly sold but if you look around you may find some by biotech otherwise you would have to buy from the suppliers in China. Monohydrate is one of the biggest scams in the supplement industry.

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    have you changed any other product throughout those months? Have you eaten the same thing everyday and only excluded the creatine?
    Personal Journal (ISSA-SSC, AFAA-CGFI, SPT)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175995851

Originally Posted by squidfacejigger View Post
    Creatine with the phosphate group already on it aka creatine phosphate or phosphocreatine, which is the main form of creatine in muscles, when taken orally can be transported across the intestines, and across muscle cells membranes through the phosphate transporter so it won't cause diarrhoea, and will actually get into the cells. It is not commonly sold but if you look around you may find some by biotech otherwise you would have to buy from the suppliers in China. Monohydrate is one of the biggest scams in the supplement industry.
    Thank you

Originally Posted by gallagnm View Post
    have you changed any other product throughout those months? Have you eaten the same thing everyday and only excluded the creatine?
    Yes, same product and almost the same things.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unusual, for a guy to go on vacation for two weeks and eat almost the exact same things.

Don't listen to the "monohydrate is a scam" troll, whatever you do. Creatine monohydrate is the most researched, studied, and proven supplement out there basically, and also one of the least expensive. Kind of the exact opposite of a scam.

That said if you are pretty sure you narrowed down creatine mono as THE problem, there are designer creatine products you could try as an alternative that are common and easy to find, such as here at the bodybuilding.com store

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Unusual, for a guy to go on vacation for two weeks and eat almost the exact same things.

Don't listen to the "monohydrate is a scam" troll, whatever you do. Creatine monohydrate is the most researched, studied, and proven supplement out there basically, and also one of the least expensive. Kind of the exact opposite of a scam.

That said if you are pretty sure you narrowed down creatine mono as THE problem, there are designer creatine products you could try as an alternative that are common and easy to find, such as here at the bodybuilding.com store
    Thank you.
    The first week partied hard and pretty much ate nothing, so there wasn't much to come out.
    Second week was at my girlfriend's, she cooked me my usual meals and then that notion came up to me.

Anyway, I got into creatine thanks to its popularity so I take those statements with a grain of salt.

I'm going to retain from creatine for seven days to make sure I'm not mistaken, but for now, I'm pretty positive that it's the cause of the issue.

Do you have any specific recommendations for an alternative \ designer product?

Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you take a pre with beta alinine? If I take more than 4g of beta all hell breaks loose
    Bench: 45lbx4,500 reps
    Deadlift: 100x6,500 reps
    Squat: wtf is "squat"?

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you.
    First week partied hard and pretty much ate nothing, so there wasn't much to take out.
    Second week was at my girlfriend's, she cooked me my usual meals and then the notion came to me.

Anyway, I got into creatine thanks to it's so popular so I take those statements with a grain of salt.

I'm going to retain from creatine for seven days to make sure I'm not mistaken, but for now I'm pretty positive that it's the cause of the issue.

Do you have any spesific recommndation for an alternative \ designer product?
    If you do decide to spend a little more to get a different form than monohydrate you could try Controlled Labs Green Magnitude or Controlled Labs Green Bulge. Each contains some extras in addition to the creatine. The Green Magnitude is worth taking pre workout, in addition to any dedicated pre workout you may be taking. I prefer it due to the $/serving generally but Green Bulge is great and perfect for traveling or if you take it away from home

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by squidfacejigger View Post
    This is probably the worst advice. First monohydrate is not a scam. Not really sure how it is a scam. If you were vacation and didn't change your diet any, and you have not changed any other supps, is it possible you caught a bug of some kind. I have not really heard of to many people getting those symptoms from mono. If you do think it is the mono, stop and see what happens.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, same product and almost the same things.
    OP when do you take your protein? On the same days you take your creatine? Do you experience this problem post protein consumption?

BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is your post workout shake?
    Official MuscleTech Representative & Athlete

British Champion - Classic Bodybuilding

IFBB Elite Pro

Originally Posted by gallagnm View Post
    OP when do you take your protein? On the same days you take your creatine? Do you experience this problem post protein consumption?

Originally Posted by BigAust View Post
    What is your post workout shake?
    Answer to both
    I take my shake right after my workout, creatine and Optimum whey mixed together.

For the last two days, I took solely protein and things have got much more solid, not perfect but way better.
    Will keep on track for the next five days.

Answer to both
    I take my shake right after my workout, creatine and Optimum whey mixed together.

For the last two days, I took solely protein and things have got much more solid, not perfect but way better.
    Will keep on track for the next five days.
    to make things 100x less complicated and guessing.. start with nothing.. add a product or food back in your diet once a week and see what happens. Youll find out what is causing your problem

b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is it Micronized Creatine Monohydrat you have?

Have had the same problems as you when i take it in the morning-lunchtime.

But if i take it in the evening around the same time i eat my last meal i dont experience it. Maybe see if that helps.

Good luck mate!