Radfahrer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Radfahrer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you write it down at the gym?

Everytime I workout at the gym, I always write down everything I do in a progress chart, so i can track my reps, weight used, etc. But far too often, I merely see people who just go the gym and wander around. How are they supposed to chart progress? Don't you write down your stuff too?

churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

wondering as well

I do the same thing buddy, i was even asked one time "do you write down everything?" some people i guess can memorize everything

the no1 geordie hunk bass generator's Avatar
    bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    they either have very good memorys and write it down at home,or they are those who never progress and therefore look the same year in year out.

churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) churchill51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

hey yer from winnipeg?

what gym do you go to, i go to the stonewall gym, has everything i need, and hardly anyone goes (unfortunate for the gym, but great for me)

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Radfahrer
    Everytime I workout at the gym, I always write down everything I do in a progress chart, so i can track my reps, weight used, etc. But far too often, I merely see people who just go the gym and wander around. How are they supposed to chart progress? Don't you write down your stuff too?
    I write it down... %99 of those people who look like theyre wandering around are doing just that, not memorizing it.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Writing is for pussies.

Lifting is for real T-men.

Not really, I started writing down every set and rep of every workout about a year ago (since I started training again after a long layoff).

There was one guy who drew diagrams of the form he used (how far out elbows were flared on bench, etc.) in his workout books. I'm not quite that hardcore.
    Awesome. Awesome to the max.

dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i used to just memorize what i did week to week....

then i started coming home and writing it down in my laptop...

then i started writing down stuff during my workout...

now i pre-plan the lifts and the weights i will do and i memorize what i am suppsoed to do before i get there and if i miss a lift or something i will right it down afterwards...

pre-planning is the thing for me now...

akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There's nothing like staring down at that piece of paper from last week and deciding right then and there, "in order for me to leave the gym today, I gotta beat these numbers in either weight or reps"!

the no1 geordie hunk bass generator's Avatar
    bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    exactly
    id feel like i was lost without a map if i didnt use my training logbook

gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The book is like my bible. I'm a writer for life.
    www.canadian-bodybuilding.com

Radfahrer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Radfahrer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by churchill51
    what gym do you go to, i go to the stonewall gym, has everything i need, and hardly anyone goes (unfortunate for the gym, but great for me)
    hey fellow Manitoban, I go to any of the city-run gyms, usually the ones in St.James.

Anyways, yeah, I always go to the gym with my clipboard and progress charts. How else am I to know what went well or not so well last workout, where I should increase or decrease poundage, where i should increase of decrease reps, etc.

utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utah997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by akaMarko
    There's nothing like staring down at that piece of paper from last week and deciding right then and there, "in order for me to leave the gym today, I gotta beat these numbers in either weight or reps"!
    That's how I feel. The list is made before I leave the house, so I know exactly what needs to be done.

Also I alternate between two Gold's Gyms here, and the weights are different on the machines between the two. So writing down everything (including which gym I am at that day) helps me track progress.

David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just write it down when I get home. It's not that difficult to remember a few numbers. When I go to the gym I have my previous stats memorized so I only have to remember what was different from the last workout.

ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would love to write it down and have it at my fingertips when at the gym. Do you guys come in with small little pocket notepads or actual notebooks?

I think I'm going to start taking a composition notebook with me to the gym so that way I will never lose a page out of my training books and can check back at them in later years to see how I progressed.

mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mswejh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Radfahrer
    i do. it keeps me honest.
    a hard woman is good to find
    ...get off your fat a$$...

ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripped_holla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I put it in a spreadsheet when I get home. It's not that hard to remember what weights and such I used for 4 exercises that I did an hour ago. But some write it down in the gym.