Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Ronnie has a gut, Jay has wide abs, Dexter is too small,etc.What was wrong with Flex?

Everyone picks something bad about all the bodybuilders, but what can you say about flex wheeler?

The guy is just outstanding IMO, people will cry synthol but please they all use it (well most) and the point of bodybuilding is to LOOK GOOD, does valentino look good of course not, but flex looked AMAZING. No gut, tons of mass, perfect proportions.

What do you guys think? I know he had tough competition but damn I look at that guy and think "how was he not mr o?"

I'm not saying I'm right but what am I missing? Flex looks like the perfect ambassador for bodybuilding: huge, but still aesthetic.
    Attached Images

AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lector606
    Everyone picks something bad about all the bodybuilders, but what can you say about flex wheeler?

The guy is just outstanding IMO, people will cry synthol but please they all use it (well most) and the point of bodybuilding is to LOOK GOOD, does valentino look good of course not, but flex looked AMAZING. No gut, tons of mass, perfect proportions.

What do you guys think? I know he had tough competition but damn I look at that guy and think "how was he not mr o?"

I'm not saying I'm right but what am I missing? Flex looks like the perfect ambassador for bodybuilding: huge, but still aesthetic.
    he was awesome, however i don't really think he should've used synthol or whatever else. it kind of took away from 'him' since that wasn't his image. he was trying to keep up with ronnie in terms of size.

but yeah, flex was awesome.

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wonder what he looks like now? i was a big flex wheeler fan. the man was perfect and i thought he shouldve won the olympia.

solidsamurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lector606

He had a bad habit of being atacked by ninjas during his constest prep. Maybe if he had hired a bodyguard he's be Mr Olympia right now....

WHYMSICKAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WHYMSICKAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WHYMSICKAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WHYMSICKAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah. His physique started to look different at a certain point. Not sure when that specifically was, but it seemed like it was when he started with the synthol. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he have synthol injected in his shoulders? It seemed that way in some of his pictures. Other than that, I think he had one of the best if not the best physiques in bodybuilding. He should have at least won one Mr. O but he didn't which I think is just shady.

genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100) genetic1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Great post, i agree with you 100%. I forgot where I read this, but Flex went over to Ronnie's house one time and the last pic ronnie had on his fridge was flex himself, he was ronnie's idol. (Idk why i posted this, but i thought it was cool)

RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099
    Flex's weakness later in his career was conditioning, especially in the hams and glutes. His first few years on the pro curcuit in the 220's were amazing as far as muscularity, condition, proportion, and symmetry were concerned, but as he added weight he couldn't consistently retain that shredded lower body.

truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) truffel shuffel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bodebldr2000
    wonder what he looks like now? i was a big flex wheeler fan. the man was perfect and i thought he shouldve won the olympia.

hes about 210, hes into martial arts/mma, and he has matching tribal tattoos covering both arms and shoulders. (saw him at the arnold)

Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kuda has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think the issue with Flex is that he was probably the right bodybuilder competing during at the wrong time in bodybuilding. Classic lines, symmetry and muscle vs. freakish overwhelming size.

If Darrem Charles can win a show nowadays, imagine how these "new rules" would benefit a guy like Flex during his peak.
    "Liquify it, Blood Alliance....I ain't dying... I am Immortal"

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Flex's biggest flaw was Ronnie. You could look at Flex in absolute awe of his mass and detail. All of a sudden Big Brubba walks in and blocks out the sun. Ronnie at his best is still 40 pounds more muscular than Flex at his best. I still think Flex deserved at least ONE Olympia win. It's the politics and judges that blew it. Not Flex.

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the synthol use has to be mentioned, because it gave, particularly his rear delts and calves, an undesired look. good quad seperation, but viewed from the back, his glutes and hamstrings were lacking, and conditioning in these areas was a problem. this will become a factor when compared against ronnie, as these are one of rons very strong points. another area was back width. while he had an outstanding rear double bi, his rear lat spread was lacking when compared to other top peers, particularly ronnie. while the man had a sublime physique, i cant agree that he should have had at least one olympia win, because i cant name one year when i believe he actually deserved it. 99 was probably the closest, but IMHO ronnie was still clearly better that year. before that, he was never better than dorian.

NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the main problem with flex was his lack of back width. Sure, he looked great in the rear double biceps but his back disappears in the lat spread and abs and thigh poses. It was almost pathetic to watch him do a rear lat spread. Look at pictures if you don't believe me.

This is why Flex never won the O
    1996 Olympia-After saying he was gonna kickass at the olympia he shows up looking smooth and takes 5th place
    1997-Bows out of the contest due to attack by Ninjas
    2001-Retires due to religious beliefs
    2003-Apparently his "beliefs" weren't that strong. He makes a comeback as a "natural" competitor and fails to make the top 5. Later admits he juiced for the contest.

Here's what Dorian has to say
    "A very complex person, though we have always gotten along quite well. He was the one bodybuilder who could have given me problems. But Flex never had the drive, that do or die attitude and love for the training that's required to win the Mr. Olympia."

I'll agree with that. He always came across as a bit flakey. Anybody who'll claim they were attacked by ninjas so they can get out of a show probably doesn't have the drrive to win the big one.
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 12-27-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Registered User ziggyandthemonk's Avatar
    ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziggyandthemonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea, i say wrong time, never couldv beat dorian, who i think was the best, but he might have been able to win against an early ronnie, but it was still close.
    Reentering

Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll just state again what I continue to say...
    HE CHEATED.
    Simply put.
    On an even playing field with everyone else doing steroids... he went one step farther and used Synthol and had calf implants.
    The judges knew this and I doubt they ever considered giving the top honor to a poor rpresentative of the sport. there was no way in hell he was de-throning Dorian, and not a snowballs chance in hell he was going to take out Ronnie, with all the "lil - extras".
    He never deserved to win the Olympia as the "best in the world" because he simply wasn't the best.
    Genetics can get you everywhere in this sport... cheating gets you nowhere.

It's a truly sad example when somebody has such and incredible physique... can't get it together when required, then cheats to try an make up for his shortcomings.

jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Clark Lambert
    I'll just state again what I continue to say...
    HE CHEATED.
    Simply put.
    On an even playing field with everyone else doing steroids... he went one step farther and used Synthol and had calf implants.
    The judges knew this and I doubt they ever considered giving the top honor to a poor rpresentative of the sport. there was no way in hell he was de-throning Dorian, and not a snowballs chance in hell he was going to take out Ronnie, with all the "lil - extras".
    He never deserved to win the Olympia as the "best in the world" because he simply wasn't the best.
    Genetics can get you everywhere in this sport... cheating gets you nowhere.

It's a truly sad example when somebody has such and incredible physique... can't get it together when required, then cheats to try an make up for his shortcomings.
    yep, thats a pretty fair assesment, i agree with all that.

Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anoka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by solidsamurai
    1996 Olympia-After saying he was gonna kickass at the olympia he shows up looking smooth and takes 5th place
    2003-Apparently his "beliefs" weren't that strong. He makes a comeback as a "natural" competitor and fails to make the top 5. Later admits he juiced for the contest.

"A very complex person, though we have always gotten along quite well. He was the one bodybuilder who could have given me problems. But Flex never had the drive, that do or die attitude and love for the training that's required to win the Mr. Olympia."

I'll agree with that. He always came across as a bit flakey. Anybody who'll claim they were attacked by ninjas so they can get out of a show probably doesn't have the drrive to win the big one.

LOL NO WAY! did he really say he was attacked by ninjas? i thought it was just a joke!

SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did he actually admit that he was using synthol and had calf implants?

Originally Posted by SaNdMaN
    Did he actually admit that he was using synthol and had calf implants?
    definately admitted synthol use; i remember reading it in a candid musclemag interview, and i think it may have also been admitted in his book. not sure about calf implants - i tend to think it was synthol in them also, and not actually implants, but there was no denying they were somehow enhanced..

Architect of Aggression One Man Army's Avatar
    One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FLEX should have won Mr. Olympia..hands down(well at least once)

TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOak86* is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The only thing wrong with flex was that he never won an olympia.

I dare anyone to pick apart this physique, just not possible.
    Attached Images

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by solidsamurai

I think that is a valid remake dorian made of flex. I am a flex fan but in post-retirement interviews he has stated how much he enjoys not training like a bber and how he never had a love for the training.

One thing you can note about most of the olympia winners is there extreme love for training. Ronnie, Dorian, Arnold are three that really come to mind. they just loved to train

stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stick_it has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheOak86*
    The only thing wrong with flex was that he never won an olympia.

I dare anyone to pick apart this physique, just not possible.
    well you've certainly made it very difficult...
    'I ain't goin down no more'
    I Nostri Valori

Originally Posted by One Man Army
    FLEX should have won Mr. Olympia..hands down(well at least once)
    when exactly? give me the year he shouldve won, because in every olympia ive seen him in, there were clearly others better. i actually think he was lucky to finish second and beat nasser and kevin in 98, when ronnie first won. i feel that placing was more because it was billed as a whole flex vs ronnie thing before the contest. yes he had a great physique, but he never bought his best package when it counted most, hence (understandably), no olympia win. thats what happens when there are other gifted athletes harder working and more hungry when it counts.

-Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to agree with the thread starter and TheOak66...Flex was flawless

Self-Taught Gynecologist TheAustrianOak's Avatar
    TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    perfect physique

not much else to say
    If I'm on here, I'm at work
    If I'm at work, I'm bored
    Feel free to entertain me

Official Child Man

BJJ brown belt

Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulk7280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jayvee
    when exactly? give me the year he shouldve won, because in every olympia ive seen him in, there were clearly others better. i actually think he was lucky to finish second and beat nasser and kevin in 98, when ronnie first won. i feel that placing was more because it was billed as a whole flex vs ronnie thing before the contest. yes he had a great physique, but he never bought his best package when it counted most, hence (understandably), no olympia win. thats what happens when there are other gifted athletes harder working and more hungry when it counts.
    i actually think flex had a better back.. and no one ever picked ronnie to win the 98 olympia he came out of nowere and suprised everyone.. i think he was like 9th the year b4

Originally Posted by Hulk7280
    i actually think flex had a better back.. and no one ever picked ronnie to win the 98 olympia he came out of nowere and suprised everyone.. i think he was like 9th the year b4
    if you look back at the shows in between the 97 olympia, and the 98 O, youll find ronnie improved drastically, and was right up there as a top contender winning both the night of champions and toronto shows in 98 (beating kevin levrone both times), and getting second (to kevin again) in the san francisco pro, and had alot of momentum. thats pretty good credentials for the year going into the O. some may have been surprised he actually won the 98 mr O, but he was still seen in 98 as one of the top 5 dogs along with flex, nasser, kevin and shawn.. even watch the 98 video - it asks a bunch of random people who they think the new champ will be, and they say 'ronnie or flex'. he was not that much the surprise packet people make out - people who had seen his improvements were well aware he was a serious threat to the crown.

as for flex having a better back, then, yes, he was very comparible in the rear double bis, but in the rear lat spread and in both general width and thickness, he was nowhere near ronnie.

Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Flex is the man. There are those of us who think he is the best ever, and those who could care less about his placing at the Os and such. Then there are u guys who think he lacked conditioning (what are u smoking)? But i think the truth is that he just lacked overall size. If u saw both of them walking aroudn in public, u would notice ronnie 1st cause he is just damn massive, but in my opinion does not have the best physique.