the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK THIRTEEN :: What Is The Best Lunch Time Workout?

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Is The Best Fat Loss Workout?

For the week of: 12/27 - 01/02
    Monday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the best Lunch time workout?

So you are a busy person, you don't have a lot of time during the day and would like to build the body of your dreams. With kids, work, bills to pay, laundry, your mother-in-law visiting on a daily basis, when are you supposed to workout? LUNCH TIME!

Should you perform a full body or split body workout routine? Why? Include the most effective sample workouts with sets and reps.

What is the most effective workout you can do in the gym? What about outside the gym (home, park, hotel, etc.)? Include the most effective sample workouts with sets and reps.

Bonus: What is the best pre-workout meal before lunch? After lunch? Give details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $50 in credit to use in our online store and will have their workout posted on our main site for the world to see! We will only be picking two winners until this section starts becoming more popular. So, get to work and become famous!

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

^^^My Biceps Suck LaggingBiceps's Avatar
    LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Many people don't have the time to perform 2 hour, 5 day split routines every week. Most of us don't have that kind of time. So our solution is to fit in a workout on our lunch breaks or any other time taht you have 20-40 minutes.

The following routine is won't make you get 20 inch arms. It is only to stay in shape. Perform two sets of every exercise before moving on to the next one. Rest one minute between sets normally, but if you have little time or want to intensify the routine, have 30-45 second rest times. The exercises in the routine below aren't going to be isolating the pretty muscles. But don't worry, your biceps and triceps are gonna get hit plenty with back and chest exercises.They are all compound free weight exercises. Since you have a hectic schedule, it is best to do this routine 2-5 times a week. You should be able to complete the routine within 30 minutes. If you find yourself with extra time to spare, add an isolation for the arms such as barbell curls and skullcrushers to help target your arms. And for days when you're resting from weight training, try to add some cardio to your routine. HIIT wuld be perfect because that would only take 15-20 minutes.

THE WORKOUT

Squats 2x10-15
    Incline/Flat Dumbell/Barbell Press 2x10-15
    Shoulder Press/Military Press 2x10-15
    Deadlift/Barbell Row/Pull-ups 2x10-15

For legs, what else is there to pick. SQUATS, these will make your legs blow up. Since you have little time for the workout, squat is the best option.

For chest, doing either flat or incline presses with either a dumbell or barbell is great for the chest.

Shoulders, doing shoulder presses or military presses is great because they work all of the shoulder muscles and other assisstance muscles such as the triceps and lats.

For back, if you have time, doing deadlifts would be the best option, but for those you don't doing either barbell rows or pull-ups is fine, but I would prefer pull-ups with weight because they help those biceps grow too.

Also, you can see the workout is in the higher rep range. Because of this, we don;t rest as long. If we were to perform in the 4-8 rep range, we would need more time and the workout wouldn't fit in your schedule.

And last, on the exercises always use perfect form. And on off days, doing some form of cardio will help you not gain any fat.

ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Response Attached (word doc).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ravadongon; 12-29-2005 at 04:51 AM.

LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LaggingBiceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i hope you die....

EDIT- Just a joke
    Last edited by LaggingBiceps; 12-29-2005 at 11:30 AM.

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^why on earth would you say that^^

these totw wotw and athletes totw are all for encouragement to each other bro....
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

RUTHLESS AFFECTION!!!! no_strain_no_ga's Avatar
    no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is the best Lunch time workout?

Most workouts last for 30 min.- 2 hours, depends on what your goals are. If your a hard worker and NEED to workout here is what you do.

So, you have a workout this day and your whole day is filled up with your job, family, etc and that gives you no time to do a 2 hour routine. What if I told you that you could shrink that 2 hour routine to just 30 minutes and have a quicker intensive attack of the muscles? "Yeah right, your such a dumba**". Well I'm telling the truth. All you need to do is put a little more hard work into it.

With shorter rest times in-between sets you can bring more muscle fibers into play.

Workouts should always come before cardio. Yes many people do recommend that you do it before to warm your body up yet it is not as efficient. It is better to workout and destroy your muscles with all the energy you can muster. Then 15 to 30 minutes after go do cardio.

The valid reason for this is glucose which is energy is used up during the workout. Once you’re finished with your training and start cardio you have less glucose and can tap into the fat reserves quicker.

Should you perform a full body or split body workout routine? Why?

Split body workout for 2 reason. You wont have time and you will be overworking your body. Gives you the time and ability to do your workout without getting tired and passing out on the gym floor. So how could you do this? Well, If you ask it will come.

Monday is arm day.
    Tuesday is back and rear delts.
    Wednesday is legs.
    Thursdays Chest.
    Friday is front and side delts..
    Abs are hit-twice per week with chest or legs.

How easy is that? No problem, it wont even break a sweat, well actually it will. 5-day split will be perfect for this hectic time. All of this will be your if you work for it. Not hard at all, just dedication and motivation and some hardwork. What should my workouts look like? Oh, is someone greedy. Will I'll start off with a chest day.

(Warning-not made by me)
    Bench Press
    1x20 175 lb as warmup
    2 - 4 acclimation sets
    2x6 at maximum weight to positive failure
    Close-grip Bench Presses
    2x6-8 at maximum weight to positive failure

Hammer Strength Inclines

Two acclimation sets
    2x6 at maximum weight to positive failure

and contrary to popular belief (uneducated belief) higher reps is not always better perhaps for when you at a sticking point at the end of workout

I don't have a gym to go to. What no gym, no problem. You can always do your workouts at home. You just need all the right equipment to do your workouts on. Bench, bars, 300 lbs of plates , barbells, and if you could, try to get a machine. It will have more workouts on it that you could do. I would stick with doing it at home instead of at a hotel gym, because they might not have all the equipment that you need to wotkout and it might not be in good condition, so stick with a home or going to the gym.

***BONUS***
    What is the best pre-workout meal before lunch? After lunch? Give details.

A good pre-workout meal would consist of
    -Some kind of meat, chicken or tuna
    -some carbs, rice or noodles.
    -A fruit of some kind.
    - and a Protein shake w/ slim milk.

That is what I use for my lunch meal and it is easy and gives you enough protein and carbs and not that much fat for your diet. I didn't say this was the best meal, because many say their is the best or this one is the best and I haven't tried all the meals that people have made for a lunch.

So, there you have, I have cleared up your day so you wont miss a day of workout. So, don'tskip a day at ALL. G'day to all

Thanx

Mike Kramer

Help from Dallas68
    Last edited by no_strain_no_ga; 12-29-2005 at 10:51 AM.
    I Rep Back!

Owe:

Recharge:
    jbodybuilder, nickrut

Owe Me:

Negs:
    Lecter(4 lyfe)

lol, i know, it was a joke because it was so good, i didnt mean it.

RUTHLESS AFFECTION!!!! no_strain_no_ga's Avatar
    no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keep It On Topic Guys. :d
    I Rep Back!

Owe:

Recharge:
    jbodybuilder, nickrut

Owe Me:

Negs:
    Lecter(4 lyfe)

nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Damn good article ravadongon. I don't even know if I'm going to try and compete with that!
    Testing for AX baby!

SECOND PLACE!!!
    My Scivation/Primaforce Contest Bulk Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608005

You can't fool mother nature - she's one smart bitch.

nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I can't make it too easy for you - here's my entry

Here is my entry:
    Attached Files
    Testing for AX baby!

SECOND PLACE!!!

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    my entry:
    Attached Files
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

Nice responses guys.
    Testing for AX baby!

SECOND PLACE!!!

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

1/3

Lunch Time Workouts- Getting the Job Done!

Letís talk about scheduling workouts! There are a good deal of activities that go into the average personís schedule every day. These things are things that we have to do but are probably enjoyable and beneficial in some way. Everybodyís schedule is different, with free time scattered all over the place, but one thing that we all have in common is lunch time. Lunch time is usually considered an hour in which we can sit down, eat, play some games and relax.

However, lunch time is also a great time to fit in a quick workout, which can be useful for achieving any fitness goal you might want. This goal can be weight loss, muscle building, improving cardio-vascular fitness or improving strength. Whatever it is that you wish to do, 30 to 45 minutes of your lunch break is plenty of time to get it done.

I am going to present a lunch-time workout plan that will help you to achieve any of the goals that I listed above. I consider this a lunch-time workout because it is going to be short but packed with effective exercises so that your time in the gym is most efficient.

Lunch Time Split Workouts!

When you are spending a short time period in the gym each day that you work out, you need to make sure each minute in the gym is efficient. I want you to spend no more that 45 minutes of your lunch break in the gym- but come close to that number!

Doing Enough Work

Since you wonít be spending long amounts of time in the gym, you wonít be doing many sets per workout. The way to balance this out is to increase the frequency with which you work out. As long as you get roughly the right amount of sets in per muscle per week for this routine, you can split the workout into training each muscle once, twice or three times a week. I usually recommend 10 to 15 sets for every larger muscle group and 8 to 12 sets for every smaller muscle group. I am also going to have you train each muscle about two times per week.
    To keep the workouts in the gym short, you are going to be sure that you donít hit too many different muscle groups while you are in the gym. Otherwise, you would spend too much time even doing simple things like warming up and cooling down every muscle! The way I organize the muscle groups for you, into push, pull and legs categories, minimizes the amount of time you spend in the gym warming up, because once you warm up the largest muscle group in the category, the rest of the muscles donít need time to be warmed up!

Push workouts involve the chest, shoulders and triceps. You are first going to train the chest, By training the chest, you bring in the shoulders and triceps secondarily, so those muscles are already being warmed up when you warm up your chest. The same goes for the pull workout and the leg workout. When you start your pull workout off by training the lats, the biceps and trapezius are also warmed up in the process. When you perform thigh training, you warm up the entire lower body for performing isolation movements on the quadriceps, hamstrings, calves and abdominals.

Training Frequency

Now, how many times a week am I sending you to the gym? I am going to have you go to the gym four times every week. This is because this leaves a few days for you to relax during your lunch break, catch up on a little bit of work, or even throw in some cardiovascular training. Even though you have lunch every day, I wonít make you train every day! This is because when you train the muscles too much, they arenít allowed to recover and progress in strength and size as you would want them to. Four days a week with a push/pull/legs rotation means that each muscle gets four to six days of recovery before it is trained again.

Since I am having you rotate through three different workouts, but you are training in the gym with weights four days every week, your schedule will be changing from week to week. Below I have outlined your schedule for training:

Your first week will go like this:
    Monday- Push Workout
    Tuesday- Pull Workout
    Wednesday- Lunch Break to Yourself!
    Thursday- Legs Workout
    Friday- Push Workout (see, it is repeating now)
    Saturday and Sunday- Lunch Break to Yourself!

Your second week will go like this:
    Monday- Pull workout (we donít start this week with push workout, instead we go to the workout after that!)
    Tuesday- Legs Workout
    Thursday- Push Workout
    Friday- Pull Workout

Your third week will look like this:
    Monday- Legs Workout
    Tuesday- Push Workout
    Thursday- Pull Workout
    Friday- Legs Workout

After your third week, the rotation repeats itself. Even though it seems complicated, it really isnít. This frequency of training is efficient because it allows plenty of recovery, but not a full week like most splits do. A full week is too much recovery and will not produce results as fast as you could get if you train with a higher frequency.

The Lunch-Time Workout Split

Now, what am I going to have you do while you are in the gym? Below, I am going to outline the sets, repetitions and exercises that the program will work best with.

Push Workout:
    Dumbbell Bench Press 3 x 6-9
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 2 x 6-9
    Cable Flyes 2 x 10
    Barbell Military press 3 x 6-9
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 2 x 10
    Lying triceps extensions 3 x 10

Pull Workout:
    Chins or Pullups 3 x 6-9
    Seated Cable Row 3 x 6-9
    Straight arm Pulldown 2 x 10
    Dumbbell Shrug 2 x 10
    Straight bar curl 3 x 6-9
    Dumbbell hammer curl 3 x 6-9

Legs Workout:
    Barbell Squats 3 x 6-9
    Leg Press 3 x 6-9
    Stiff leg deadlift 2 x 10
    Standing calf raise 4 x 15
    Crunches 4 x 15

Rest 45 to 75 seconds in between sets and make sure that you get them all done!

With these workouts, I am minimizing the length of each workout in a few ways. First, I am having you perform each workout starting with the most intense movements, so that the exercises following will not need a warmup. I also have you doing no more than 6 different exercises per workout. Because you are not running around from station to station, you will be able to get all of your sets done with time to spare. When you perform many different exercises, it takes time to move from one to the next and get everything such as weights and equipment set up for your exercise, and that time could be better spent just hitting each muscle group with more intense sets!

The repetition range is 6-9 in most areas because 6-9 repetitions is the best range for overall progress in strength, fitness, and for people trying to lose weight. It isnít too many so that the muscle isnít properly overloaded, but it also isnít to little of repetitions, which would not allow the muscle to be fully stimulated.

A Full-Body Split for the Time Restrained

Some of you may have jobs that donít allow a full week of workouts such as the one above, and your lunch breaks are a bit too busy to fit in four workouts like that. If thatís the case, you should try this full-body split, so that you can get in the gym only twice a week and still follow the qualities of a good lunch-break workout- short, time-efficient and leaving you with 15 minutes of your lunch break to yourself.

This split will work similar to the ones above, because you start with the most taxing movements and then work down to isolation movements. This way, you spend even less time warming up. Of course, it is really a compromise and not really ideal for making results, but that doesnít mean it wonít work at all. In fact, some might actually see better results from this than from the program above!

Full Body Workout:

Barbell Squats 2 x 10
    Stiff leg deadlifts 2 x 10
    Dumbbell Pullover 1 x 15
    Dumbbell bench press 2 x 10
    Chins or pullups 2 x 10
    Dumbbell military press 2 x 10
    Seated Rows 2 x 10
    Weighted Dips 2 x 10
    Barbell curl 2 x 10

This workout is very simple compared to the ones above and uses a lot less variety. I decreased the number of sets that you will be doing overall, too, so that you can fit in a thorough warm-up for each muscle group. Another thing that I did was that, even though I am having you perform less sets per exercise, I want you doing more repetitions per set. This way, you balance out the workload a bit.

sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

2/3

We start of with squats and stiff-leg deadlifts. These are lower body movements, but really allow the full body to warm up, because they tax the entire body to stabilize and control the weight. Also, leg training is very taxing in terms of cardiovascular abilities, so it will get the blood pumping through your whole body.

After those squats and stiff leg deadlifts, I have you do a general upper-body movement, the dumbbell pullover. This gets the blood pumping more specifically to the upper body, and will help you focus on the chest, back, shoulders and arms for the rest of the workout. With upper body movements, there will be overlap between each muscle group, too. Dumbbell bench presses will target the chest, but also bring shoulders and triceps into play. Dumbbell military presses target the deltoids, but also bring in trapezius and upper chest as well as the triceps. Weighted dips are there to target the triceps, but they also place focus on the lower chest, and rear deltoids. There is a similar relationship between chins, rows and curls all targeting the trapezius, back, biceps and forearms in some way.

This workout is to be performed twice a week. Even if you have a busy lunch-time schedule, twice a week should be manageable. Do your best to put at least two days in between each time you repeat this workout. Ideally, you would do this Monday and Thursday, Tuesday and Friday or Wednesday and Saturday. Those combinations of days allow plenty of recovery in between training sessions. You will be resting no more than 90 seconds in between each set, so that you can get the entire workout done with 15 minutes left to shower off and get back to work!

Working out in the office!

Some of you might want to get into the gym, but canít get there in your lunch break, or just donít have a gym membership. While a gym workout would be ideal for all purposes, there are some workouts which you can perform in your office. These workouts are going to be shorter than the workouts above, and probably done with higher repetitions, because there are not as many exercise choices for you when you arenít in a gym. Whatever you are doing in the office, know that it will be something simple which requires little equipment, and will get the blood pumping to improve your fitness!

Body-weight Workout

The first and most convenient choice for you is the body-weight workout. The body-weight workout is going to consist of moves like pushups and knee bends, which cause the muscles to do some work, and general fitness movements such as jumping jacks which are great for adding to cardiovascular fitness. You donít need any equipment but your body and an open space. You can also purchase a stretch mat so that you can perform these exercises without getting the dirt and germs from the floor onto your hands.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gl/duramat.html

The resistance training of this workout is going to target large muscle groups such as the legs, back, chest and abdominals. For the legs, I am having you do single leg squats and lunges. Single leg squats are actually very difficult, even without weight, because your leg muscles work unilaterally. Because of this, more muscles are brought into play each time you work that single leg, because they will be necessary to balance. Lunges are also a good thigh workout. You should try to step out two to three feet on each lunge, so that you bring more hamstrings and glutes into the movement.

The back will be trained with chinups and lat shrugs. Chinups should be done with the palms facing you to bring in more of a wide range of muscle groups. Lat shrugs should be done with the palms facing away, and I include these to finish off the back, and also bring in some more of the trapezius muscles. You must order a pullup bar if you canít get to a gym, otherwise there is no efficient way to train the back without weights!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aa/deluxe.html

The chest will be trained with push-ups and an office version of bench dips. Push-ups should be done with a wider grip to add difficulty to the movement, and bring in more chest. Bench dips are actually more of a shoulder and triceps movement, but work the same muscle groups as pushups do.

Finally, you will be performing for abdominals two exercises. I will have you perform crunches to target the upper abdominals. Try to use your stretch mat for this movement. Crunches are really an isolation exercise for strengthening the core and lower back. Next, I will have you grab onto your pullup bar which you will have mounted in the door, and perform leg raises. This movement will focus on the abdominals but also bring the forearms heavily into play, so you receive a two-in-one effect. This workout is largely based on the two-in-one effect of overlapping muscles, which makes it more efficient.

For the cardiovascular portion of this workout, you had better hope that you donít have a floor below you, because I want you doing burpees. What does this mean? Iím going to explain it, and once you find out, you will realize why this might be a bit noisy. To perform a burpee, you start standing up. Easy enough, right? It gets difficult. You should drop down and have your hands on the floor next. Kick your legs out behind you so that you are in a push-up ready position. After this, you might start to lose focus, but try to memorize the entire movement before you go to do it and then forget what comes next! Next, you perform a pushup, and simultaneously tuck your knees into your chest. Stand up. This trains basically every muscle in the body, so it is very efficient for cardiovascular training. You will do more than one!

This is the workout for in the office. You should rest no more than 60 seconds in between exercises. This shouldnít take more than 30 minutes total.

Single leg squat: 2 x 15
    Body weight Lunges: 2 x 15
    Chin ups or pullups: 2 x 10
    Lat Shrugs: 2 x 15
    Push ups: 2 x 15
    Bench Dips: 2 x 15
    Crunches: 2 x 15
    Hanging leg Raise: 2 x 15
    Then perform 30 seconds straight of burpees. Try to progress to a full minute and beyond as your fitness improves, though!

3/3

Resistance Band Training

The above workout uses mostly body weight exercises, so it doesnít really allow for the body to gain strength. You wonít gain much muscle mass on the above routine, either, because you are not working with heavier and heavier weight, you are just using the same body over and over. It is effective for overall fitness, but if you want to gain muscle mass, you should look into a form of resistance. Resistance bands are convenient, light, cheap and provide a good deal of resistance so that you can perform a tough workout in the office.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gl/rescable.html

Resistance bands are not the same as the fancy machines in the gym, so before performing a resistance-band workout, you need to know how to perform each exercise properly. Start with a light band to practice proper technique, and work your way up to the Super Heavy Resistance bands for high repetitions. Adding resistance in this way is very effective. If you start out having difficulty using the Medium Resistance (about 18 to 43 pounds) on your arm curls for ten repetitions, and ten weeks later you can use the Heavy Resistance (about 30 to 57 pounds) for fifteen repetitions, your biceps will be significantly bigger! And just think of how much you will have improved when you can perform ten repetitions using Super Heavy Resistance. This goes for all muscle groups. Resistance cables are great for training the legs, chest, shoulder, back and arm muscles.

To train the legs with resistance cables, I will have you perform single-leg reverse hyperextensions. First, place the cable in the lower part of the door. The cable should have its handle around your ankle. Keeping your leg straight, pull your leg back as far as you can. The knee should not bend, instead, you should be pulling at the hip. This is a great thigh exercise.

Train the chest using resistance cables and your chair. Wrap the cables around the chair so that you are holding the handles and the chair is keeping the resistance in place for the chest press. Press out with one arm first, then slowly return to the starting position. Then, press with the other arm. You should be pressing straight ahead of yourself. To make this more difficult, choose another resistance band, or use both arms at the same time. You can train the shoulders in a similar way, called the overhead press. Hold the cables in place with your feet, but have the handles in your hands. Press upwards with your right arm, keeping the wrist straight. Then, slowly return the resistance to the starting position. Next, press with the other arm. Just like the chest press, you can make this more difficult by using both arms at the same time. Be sure not to jerk, or snap the weight. Lift in a controlled fashion.

Next, I am going to have you place the cable somewhere where it is above waist height. Ideally, you would jam it in a door, just be sure that nobody is going to open it up and send you falling over! From here, you can perform three different movements. The first is a row movement for the back and biceps. Simply pull the cables from a fully stretched position to your hips while bending at the arms. You can also use straight-arm pulldowns to isolate the back muscles. Start with the hands slightly above shoulder height with the arms straight. Press the hands down to your hips while maintaining the straightness in the arms. This focuses on the back muscles. There is one more movement that you can perform with your resistance band jammed in the door. This is the triceps press-down. Start with your elbows at your sides and have them flexed. From here, extend at the elbow. Then, return to the starting position. This focuses on the triceps, a muscle on the back of the arm.

Training biceps with resistance cables is easy. You can simply hold the cables down with your feet, grip the handles and perform curls. I recommend using one arm at a time, as this allows for more total focus. However, you can always do both arms at once for more difficulty. Below is the workout program. Perform this once every two to three days. Rest no more than 90 seconds in between sets.

Single-Leg Reverse Hyperextension 2 x 10-15
    Chest Press 2 x 10-15
    Overhead Press 2 x 10-15
    Row 2 x 10-15
    Straight arm pulldown 2 x 10-15
    Triceps Pressdown 2 x 10-15
    Curls 2 x 10-15

This workout is very simple and should produce great results if you can learn what weight is right for you and improve this weight as time goes on. You can also mix-and-match the use of resistance cables, pullup bars and floor mats, though. For example, you could do a total back workout one day, using your pullup bar and resistance cables. The next day, you could do a total chest workout. Alternatively, you could just replace movements that are too easy, like lunges may be, with single-leg reverse hyperextensions. There are many things that you can do in the office with just a little bit of equipment and 30 minutes of your time.

Keep in mind that these office workouts arenít just effective for your workplace. You can bring this equipment anywhere. If you go on vacation, keep those muscles working using one of these routines. If you canít make it to the gym one day, just pick some exercises from here to keep the body working. These workouts are useful for anybody who canít access gym equipment for a workout.

Workout Nutrition for the Lunch Time Training Program

While I am having you use your lunch break to work out and improve your fitness levels, I also want you to make sure that you eat right, so that you can produce even more impressive results. Everyone knows that working out on an empty stomach is a terrible idea, so I donít want to suggest that you do that.

When you do your lunch break workout, that is probably all that you will have time for, along with a protein shake and washing up. This means that you have to eat a pre-workout meal at another time before the workout. I am going to recommend a great shake which you can take one hour before your lunch break so that you are ready to work out when the time comes! This shake consists of some fruit, some complex carbohydrates, and some protein. It requires a blender and a few food items- oatmeal, protein powder, banana and cinnamon. The best part about taking a shake before your lunch-time workout is that it will be easy to finish. This is much more convenient than having a whole food meal while you are on the job.

This is the recipe for your pre-workout shake:

1 scoop Higher Power Whey Protein Powder: Vanilla
    1 banana
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 TSP cinnamon

Mix this up in the blender with a couple of ice cubes and you have a winning pre-workout shake. You should purchase a bodybuilding.com shaker bottle to store your drink in and maintain a good consistency. Be sure to watch the video to learn proper usage techniques!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/shaker.html

After your lunch time workout, you will probably only have 15 minutes to spare. I rarely eat directly after a workout, especially not directly after one of the tough training sessions I listed above. Instead, I eat my post-workout meal about 30 minutes after I train. You should, too, because this is best for absorption, and will not leave you feeling nauseous, either. Being nauseous at work is the absolute worst feeling! What I want you to do is make another of the above shake, and bring that with you to have about 30 minutes after your workout is completed. This is nice and convenient, and a nutritious way to improve your health.

Conclusion

Now that you have all of these nutrition and workout options open for your lunch break, you will be able to choose one and see excellent results from it. You can mix and match the routines, too, to fit your needs. If you usually make it to the gym, but canít one day, have that floor mat and resistance cable set ready to perform a workout. I donít want you training for your whole lunch break every day, either- the amount of training that I have recommended is ideal for increasing fitness and still allowing the body to properly recover.

Using your lunch break to fit in a workout is a great idea for those of you who canít find a more comfortable time to work out. By using your lunch break to work out while others sit around, you are putting yourself on a whole new level, both physically and mentally!

word doc

Mr. Potato Head, I Made You.
    Attached Files

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here we go.
    Attached Files

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good luck guys hmmm i didnt write oh well good luck lol nextteenamateur i promised id write sorry...guess i aint competing against you this week....
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All the best - there was some good entires here.