Closed Thread
Page 2 of 267 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by odoreater
    Finally got some pics of my gym. Here they are:
    Looks like you got what you need!
    "Chicks With Muscle Rule"

odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rocket
    Looks like you got what you need!
    Yeah, it's a pretty basic setup, and I wouldn't mind having some other stuff, but, it gets the job done pretty well.

Drod629 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey odereater

How do you like the sumo rack? I'm gonna have it in my basement and I have very low ceilings.

I'm in Jersey too and just had Fitness2000 in Union place an order for one. I went to check out the Titan rack, but they didn't have one on the floor. The sumo felt sturdy enough and the price is definitely right.

odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Drod629
    How do you like the sumo rack? I'm gonna have it in my basement and I have very low ceilings.

I'm in Jersey too and just had Fitness2000 in Union place an order for one. I went to check out the Titan rack, but they didn't have one on the floor. The sumo felt sturdy enough and the price is definitely right.
    It's been working great for me. I can do anything on it that you can do on a regular full size rack except for pullups, that's why I have a seperate pullup tower. It's stury as hell. If you have any more specific question just ask, but overall, I would give it the highest rating. I basically got it for the price (I don't know if you can tell from the pics but the ceilings in my gym are actually really high) and I ordered it directly from NY Barbells. It's also really easy to assemble.

The only issue, I guess, is that some of the higher priced racks might have the holes for the pins a little closer together, which might help when doing bench presses. On the sumo rack they're about 1" apart, but it hasn't been a problem for me because when I set the pins at #2 they come to be about flush with my chest so it works.

I think you'll enjoy it though and get some great use out of it, you definitely made an excellent choice.

Drod629 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by odoreater
    It's been working great for me. I can do anything on it that you can do on a regular full size rack except for pullups, that's why I have a seperate pullup tower. It's stury as hell. If you have any more specific question just ask, but overall, I would give it the highest rating. I basically got it for the price (I don't know if you can tell from the pics but the ceilings in my gym are actually really high) and I ordered it directly from NY Barbells. It's also really easy to assemble.

The only issue, I guess, is that some of the higher priced racks might have the holes for the pins a little closer together, which might help when doing bench presses. On the sumo rack they're about 1" apart, but it hasn't been a problem for me because when I set the pins at #2 they come to be about flush with my chest so it works.

I think you'll enjoy it though and get some great use out of it, you definitely made an excellent choice.

Cool man, thanks for the review. I have a SuperBench with the pull up and dip accessories so I don't need that feature in a rack either. Can't wait til it's in now.

AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Garage Gym - Here's Mine

Excellent discussion thread !

Put my garage gym together over many years. Purchased some new, a lot used, built some.

6500 lbs. Oly plates
    1800 standard plates
    Pro-style dumbells 5lbs - 75 lbs, with lots of doubles - racked
    Bench flat / incline
    Lat pull down / tricep press down / seated cable row
    Leg extension / leg curl
    Lat row bar
    Hip sled - leg press / hack squat
    Standing preacher
    Seated preacher
    Dip bars
    Roman chair
    bars, attachments, and so on...

Here are my pics
    http://groups.msn.com/TheIronMineGar...ehomegyms.msnw

AZ Iron

The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I posted mine a while back, but will post them again to participate in the thread .. Plus i love looking at home gyms..
    Attached Images
    Power Perceived is Power Achieved

The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sacinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I built my gym little by little in about 2 years time..It really is the best money i ever spent.
    Later this week i'm picking up a broken TDS Leg extension/curl machine for 30 bucks..It just needs a simple weld and will be good as new..
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The Sacinator; 01-31-2006 at 02:25 PM.
    Power Perceived is Power Achieved

AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The Sacinator
    I posted mine a while back, but will post them again to participate in the thread .. Plus i love looking at home gyms..
    Hey Sacinator. Absolutely !!!

Took a look at the pics. Excellent setup. If you ever want to have then posted on my garage gym site, let me know.

kyle316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here are some pics of my Powertec Power Rack System.

rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kyle nice set up. Thats about all you need. I have the same VTX plate set and like em alot.

Originally Posted by kyle316
    Here are some pics of my Powertec Power Rack System.
    Hey Kyle. Excellent setup.

Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brink007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't have any pictures but here is what I have down in our basement

-Bench/squat rack with incline, flat, decline, with leg curl, and preacher curl attachments
    -45 pound olympic bar
    -15 pound standard bar
    -2 adjustable dumbells
    -300 pounds of Olympic weights
    -200 pounds of standard weights
    -chairs with 35s on them used for dips
    pretty basic but it gets the job done!
    max bench 325X1 315 Video ( http://www.youtube.com/user/jbrink2007?feature=chclk#p/u/0/kKFFPplNQ4c )
    max squat 380X1
    max deadlift 465X1
    DL 420 vid from a long time ago ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkRDZPBm4w )

Originally Posted by need4muscle
    I don't have any pictures but here is what I have down in our basement

-Bench/squat rack with incline, flat, decline, with leg curl, and preacher curl attachments
    -45 pound olympic bar
    -15 pound standard bar
    -2 adjustable dumbells
    -300 pounds of Olympic weights
    -200 pounds of standard weights
    -chairs with 35s on them used for dips
    pretty basic but it gets the job done!
    Hey need4muscle ! Sounds like you have a great setup. A lot more than I had started with. As you've noted, "it gets the job done", which makes it ideal.

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey, i dont really have any pics of my 'gym' but all i got is a 50kg dumbell/barbell set, push up stands, a chin up bar and a total gym XLi machine - not bad but im jealous! haha, wish i had the space to build up a decent gym

kyle316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rm41400
    Kyle nice set up. Thats about all you need. I have the same VTX plate set and like em alot.
    I like them too, but at first I had a hard time getting the plates on and off. I know you dont want them to come off, but they were extremely tight fitting.

Also does anyone know of a good cheap plate rack? I need a better way to store the plates.

user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also does anyone know of a good cheap plate rack? I need a better way to store the plates.
    Yup, i've been searching too. One day, i will resist pealing plates off of the ground and proudly pick plates off of my newly bought, cheap plate rack.

Originally Posted by -RiK-
    hey, i dont really have any pics of my 'gym' but all i got is a 50kg dumbell/barbell set, push up stands, a chin up bar and a total gym XLi machine - not bad but im jealous! haha, wish i had the space to build up a decent gym
    Sounds like you have a great setup. If you ever get the opportunity, see if you can take a few pics of your gym setup and post them.

Hey Kyle316. I have a number of different plate trees, as well as having welded together a large heavy duty home built one. I think CAP Barbell offers a reasonably priced one. Although, I think that you might have to find a distributor that sells them. I have paid $49 USD for a new one from Play It Again Sports and I have also purchased a used one, and if memory serves correct I paid around $29 USD for it.

Also, Hey Russian. Have not heard from you for a while.

wizard148 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is my set-up. Have been slowly adding to it for a couple years since getting back into working out.
    Attached Images

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wizard148
    Here is my set-up. Have been slowly adding to it for a couple years since getting back into working out.
    Very good, free weights and leverage machine.

Originally Posted by wizard148
    Hey Wizard. Excellent setup. Like the leverage machine.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this is mine, i had the power rack and bench hand made to my specs by a small local company

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1135242618
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...2&d=1135242640
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...0&d=1126611931

this is my old bench & rack, with a good shot of my plates

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...9&d=1126611917

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great !

I will love to have the power rack you have.

Originally Posted by tetsuo
    this is mine, i had the power rack and bench hand made to my specs by a small local company... [/url]
    The power rack and bench look great. I'm curious as to the cost of having them custom manufactured ? Did they also pad and cover the bench, or only build the frame ?

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AZIronMine
    The power rack and bench look great. I'm curious as to the cost of having them custom manufactured ? Did they also pad and cover the bench, or only build the frame ?

ok well i live in the uk so i'll give you a good comparision . the body solid bench and power rack i had before cost cost around 600pounds and this setup with delivery cost 690 pounds around $1100. (there is a couple of shops near me that sell their stuff and they wanted an extra 300 pounds, so i got it straight from the man)

they did the covering too. i cant tell you how solid this stuff is its just amazing.

they even gave the frame work a triple coat finish in the paint of my chioce which was hammer tone. they said it was unchippable and they were not lying. i've even got a key and scratched it as hard as a can but it just slides off

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...3&d=1135242658
    Last edited by tetsuo; 02-07-2006 at 01:25 AM.

oh also the reason the rack is so solid is that it comes in 2 peices with just the cross bars to join it together.

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Biggerfoot
    Here is a web album of my weight room that I have collected over the last 20 years:

http://homepage.mac.com/biggerfoot/weightroom122005/

Some of my restrictions include:

1. A low basement ceiling (under 7 feet ---I am 6'4").

2. I am 43 and have arthritis in my left thumb and left hip and tennis elbow, hence the hooks for heavy deadlifts and elbow straps. The New Grip pads are great!

3. We have three cats, which equals two litter boxes, hence the big HEPA filter (and Zero Odor works great).

4. My wife just put of the Xmas stuff, so I lost some room!

Couple of other notes:

1. The trap bar is a homemade one...before you could buy them. If I was to buy one today, I would get one with the handles due to my height and one a little wider.

2. The 100 pound Key grip weights on my hack squat are great! A 4 x4 is great for standing calf raises.

3. Although Proform stuff has a bad rep, the treadmill is over 12 years old and still gets a daily workout.

4. The Weider Club 500 fits just right in the low basement. I used some pipe fittings and am able to keep another bar handy for seated military presses.

5. I would not have bought a Pec Deck, but I only paid $15 for it and really found I use it quite a bit.
    Are those home emade hooks on one of your dumbbells?????