Closed Thread
Page 133 of 267 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 8008
    KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NoKittyNo View Post
    So I took the initial idea, but I ended up removing the original threads from the Straps (PITA for sure to do, 4 straps, 2 ends each), and then I had some round end links lying around, inserted them onto one end of each strap, and had it sewed shut (I had someone sew it for me, I lack that talent) with a Sewing Machine, then I took the other ends that had been threaded and with hooks - removed them and made a loop large enough so I could strap it through with the ring and buckle.
    Nice job. I like the look of the straps at the dumbbell handles now - very clean and compact. (Reps on recharge.)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

I'm in a two bedroom apartment, so don't have the room some do, but I think I've done well. Not pictured is the 300lbs of Olympic weights + stand (beginner, gotta start somewhere right?), semi pictured is the stability ball. I'd love to fit an elliptical in there for the winter months, but we'll have to see. This was great because I was originally looking at a Northern Lights rack that was more expensive and not as stable (odd because everything else I've bought from them (bench, stand etc.) is very solid. But this I couldn't pass up: brand new in the box for $400 (MSRP of $800), cash deal as the store in question wasn't going to sell them anymore, since they're in the US only and shipping to Canada (plus duty and taxes) is nuts. That said, they DID say they'd get any accessories in I wanted and if I had an issue they'd deal with the company for me. It pays to have friends in the fitness industry, as they've saved me quite a bit of coin on other stuff that was shiny, but that I didn't need.

EDIT: Also not pictured: a set of 1st stage PowerBlock U-90s.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by cypherslock; 05-13-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here you go mate;

Thats good to see that level of dedication.

To embed the pics you have to have 50posts or more. To embed it just type; [img]imagelocationhere[/img]
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Curious: I've been thinking that a spin bike is a good idea, but not sure what really constitutes a good bike. Ideally, I'd like not to spend more on the bike than I did on the rack. This is for when it gets gawd-awful cold, icy and just plain sadistic up here in the Great White North. Any recommendations?

ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't like stationary bikes of any kind except for the Schwin Airdynne. How about a concept rower? Or better still, get a few kettlebells- these can give a serious cardio hit in a small amount of time.

If you live in an apartment how about stair sprints, followed by burpees, and kettlebell swings you'll be a beast.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackI00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Spin bikes can be great... have you ever cycled casually or seriously? Learning proper setup for seat vs pedals vs handlebars is all quite important. As is the fluidity of your pedal strokes. That said i got rid of an airdyne for a cheap old school reebok spin bike. I did so because the spin bike was built like a tank, no frills, nothing really to go wrong. The airdyne i had was a little beat up and had some problems which i was having trouble fixing.

as a side note... i got the spin bike for 60 and the airdyne was 300... so it made sense financially as well. I used to be cyclist as well.

That said i have been searching for a decently priced rower for 6 months now and am still trying to get one for the main source of warmup and cardio.

Looking into complexes (whether it be kettlebell as stated above or DB or Barbell) is also a good idea. Just depends the type of cardio you are looking for (Hiit vs steady state vs warming up and so on.

I've biked before, used to do it all the time at my old home. Never pro though. Mostly looking for warmup a la Kris Gethin's program. Not looking to kill myself, just warm up for the weights. Considering I'll be starting Ninjutsu soon, I think I'll have all I can handle. A rower? That COULD work...

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Spin bike is EXCELLENT. As another poster said, it does require initial set up, as for assembly it's a breeze. The Set-Up I am referring to is proper height for seat, pedal, etc. But this thing burns calories like nobody's business (ensuring you have put the work in obviously). It's low impact (which I love) and if I go at it, after a weight session I can burn between 150-170 calories in under fifteen minutes. On a dedicated cardio day I average 4-500 on 35ish minutes. It's great.

With all cardio equipment however, quality can vary on price. My bike retail was $598.00 before taxes from a local Canadian Outlet. It's a tank for sure, no wobble or sway, I love it. My treadmills been collecting a thin layer of dust in the last few weeks since I got it. I use to only have to shower ever 2nd day (give or take), as some lifting days doesn't cause me to perspire as much as others (Ergo Legs, Back) but now I sweat through my clothes after Spinning for a few minutes, sure it's a lousy time trade off (hygiene wise, LOL) but it's a great one at that.

Just for an example, where I got mine and what it looks like:

http://shop.fitnessdepot.ca/Front-Drive-C143.aspx
    http://shop.fitnessdepot.ca/Whirley-...x#.T7Ap3OtYvMg

Mine

This is a video I used to set up my Bike:

http://youtu.be/odO8MPrmBVA
    __
    Current Stuff I Take:
    Dymatize ISO: Banana
    Optimum Whey Gold Standard: Coffee
    Optimum Whey Turbo Chocolate
    Optimum Casein: Cookies & Cream
    Cellucor C4: Pink Lemonade
    Optimum: Amino Energy: Grape

Basic supps for daily intake.

What I want:
    Rogue R6 & All the pretty accessories.
    Rogue Bumper Plates, 160 more lbs!
    Commercial Trainer, Cable Stacks
    Anything & everything basically.

Thank You! But what is the diff between that one and the one for $300 less? Same brand it looks like.

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
    Thank You! But what is the diff between that one and the one for $300 less? Same brand it looks like.
    Honestly? No idea. Probably something along the specs of the material used to compose the bike itself.

Here's a comparable:

EQUIPMENT FEATURES:
    Frame: Powder coating Main tube 40x80x1.5T, Fork tube 38x38x1.5T, Bottom tube 30x60x1.5T
    Flywheel: 19kgs(42LBS)
    Handlebar: MTB style handlebar w/ PVC coating;Forward / afterforward adjustment
    Handlebar Post: Steel 38*38*1.5T, Chrome plating;Vertical adjustment
    Seat Post: Steel 38*38*1.5T, Chrome plating;Vertical adjustment
    Seat Adjustment Bracket : Steel, Chrome plating;Forward / afterforward adjustment
    Resistance w/brake: Micro adjustment resistance ; Push style brake w/leather
    Drive system: 1/2" x 1/8"x108links steel chain
    Chainwheel: 1/2" x 1/8"x 52T steel BED
    Sprocket: Fixed, 1/2"x1/8"x16T steel
    Chain guard: ABS
    Sweat guard: N/A
    Pedal : Standard pedals with safety strap and toe clip
    Seat: MTB style
    Bottom bracket: Cotterless square axle
    Max. user weight: 115kgs (250lbs)
    Bottle Holder: 1 pcs on side of fork
    Assembled Dimensions: 42.1"(L) x 19.7"(W) x 45.0"(H)
    Product weight: 44kgs (97.0lbs)
    Warranty: 6 months for all welds - Frame; 90 days - Crank, Flywheel, Handlebar/ Seat Post, Pedals (Note: This warranty excludes the wear items that need to replaced due to the normal wear.)

and then the cheaper one, as stated:

EQUIPMENT FEATURES:

Seat Adjustment Bracket : Vertical post adjustment design allows user to set the comfortable position
    Seat: Road style
    Assembled Dimensions: (L)108cm x (W)48cm x (H)105cm
    Product weight: 36.6kg (80.6lbs)
    Warranty: 6 months for all welds - Frame; 90 days - Crank, Flywheel, Handlebar/ Seat Post, Pedals (Note: This warranty excludes the wear items that need to replaced due to the normal wear.)

Personally I chose the model I did because it just made the top of my budget, and I figured I didn't want to settle for less and be disappointed or have it crap out on me in half the time, so if I am going to go in - might as well go all out as big as I can go. I have read of issues on cheaper models such as chains rubbing, parts inconsistent through each model in terms of it's working ability or fit, etc. I was looking at a local one from Canadian Tire in Canada here called a "Bladez Spin Bike" but it's reviews were not so stellar, and it's sale price of rounding around $400.00 I decided to look elsewhere. I found one locally on a Buy and Sell ad, but the asking price was still out of reach even when negotiated, and they weren't available to sell then anyway, so I went for what I purchased and so far have not regretted it one bit.
    __
    Current Stuff I Take:
    Dymatize ISO: Banana
    Optimum Whey Gold Standard: Coffee
    Optimum Whey Turbo Chocolate
    Optimum Casein: Cookies & Cream
    Cellucor C4: Pink Lemonade
    Optimum: Amino Energy: Grape

Basic supps for daily intake.

What I want:
    Rogue R6 & All the pretty accessories.
    Rogue Bumper Plates, 160 more lbs!
    Commercial Trainer, Cable Stacks
    Anything & everything basically.

vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000)

Amstaff rack w/ band pegs, dip attachment, monkey bar, 2 pair J-hooks (1500/1000lb rated)
    Cap oly DB handles
    Lockjaws, spring collars, fatgripz
    Light, medium, heavy bands, extra light for stretching
    Rogue bar
    700lb+ iron plates
    Powertec FI bench
    Dowin oly shoes

Looking for better bench, rubber/Ivanko plates, better j-hooks, fixed DB set?
    In Canada though, hard to find any better
    405ATG/325/585 @ 190 (~2011)
    ???/355/585 @ 175 (~2015)

Nice setup you have there vsvs. Reps on recharge.
    My training log:
    ---------------

jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got this set up a couple months ago. Spent $500 on the rack itself and $75 on the weights (bar, 45s, 35s, 25s, 10s, 5s, 2.5s). Bought a Bowflex bench for 160 bones. It's a little ghetto but it gets the job done.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64273543/rack/DSCF6024.JPG
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64273543/rack/DSCF6025.JPG
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64273543/rack/DSCF6026.JPG

Anyone got tips on how to clean up my bar and weights?

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jndietz View Post
    Got this set up a couple months ago. Spent $500 on the rack itself and $75 on the weights (bar, 45s, 35s, 25s, 10s, 5s, 2.5s). Bought a Bowflex bench for 160 bones. It's a little ghetto but it gets the job done.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64273543/rack/DSCF6024.JPG
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64273543/rack/DSCF6025.JPG
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64273543/rack/DSCF6026.JPG

Anyone got tips on how to clean up my bar and weights?
    Nice set-up. With those weights, I'd take a wire wheel attached to a drill motor to remove the rust, wipe off the dust, and shoot with some cheap flat black paint from walmart. For the bar, I'd take some steel wool and some CLR Clear or some vinegar and remove the rust. If the bar's collars spin, leave them on. Neutralize the CLR Clear or vinegar with water, wipe it off and let it dry in the hot sun, and rub a little light oil or WD-40 on it.

ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We recently had a big undercover outdoor area built to the back of our house so all the gear has been moved there.....

Iron Edge Assault Rack, rings, torsonator

Ironmaster Cable pulldown and Superbench and also the Powertec Multi Press

Seated Calf, Concept II Rower, Ironmaster Dumbbell set with 120lb add on kit

Still to get----

Powertec Leverage Squat and Powertec Functional Trainer

That all looks very Crossfitesque, I like.
    My training log:
    ---------------

ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    That all looks very Crossfitesque, I like.
    Cheers buddy. I`m predominantly a BB but the wife is into crossfit.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ellisbailey View Post
    We recently had a big undercover outdoor area built to the back of our house so all the gear has been moved there.....

Iron Edge Assault Rack, rings, torsonator

Ironmaster Cable pulldown and Superbench and also the Powertec Multi Press

Seated Calf, Concept II Rower, Ironmaster Dumbbell set with 120lb add on kit

Still to get----

Powertec Leverage Squat and Powertec Functional Trainer

Nice, Jelly of the rower. what else is in that room looks like you can expand.
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NoKittyNo View Post
    *snip*

This is a video I used to set up my Bike:

http://youtu.be/odO8MPrmBVA
    I wouldn't mind taking Jenna for a ride.
    ▪█───────█▪

Ivanko Barbell Crew Member #6

My Gear:

Lamar Rack w/lat & row setup
    Ironmasters DB's with add on package
    1000 lbs of Ivanko OM Plates
    Ironmaster Super Bench
    Parabody Roman Chair
    Precor 546 Elliptical
    Concept II rower Model D w/PM4

▪█───────█▪

I've had bi-lateral hip replacement.
    Ask me anything about it.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how big was the add on? what is it made out of? looks nice. like the skylight
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is my setup.

Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    Nice, Jelly of the rower. what else is in that room looks like you can expand.
    Cheers mate, looking to get a Powertec Leverage Squat and a functional trainer....just need to negotiate patio space with the wife haha!

vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000) vsvs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vsvs View Post
    Amstaff rack w/ band pegs, dip attachment, monkey bar, 2 pair J-hooks (1500/1000lb rated)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Nice setup you have there vsvs. Reps on recharge.
    protip: build quality on this rack sucks ass, shouldve just went for a powertec or something but i got drawn in by the band pegs
    amstaff aka force usa aka strength armor
    made in china and rebranded for several companies

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Current room gym

Deadlift platform with 5' Hampton beefy bar wrapped in gauss tape because I hate the knurl. Lock Jaw collars for 1" bars.

Dumbell handles and terrible spinlock bar that came in cheapo weight set. Fatgripz and Ironmind's overpriced carabiner for standard plates, for use with super squat belt.

Bench press. I start at the bottom not the top. Sit down at the front edge with the bar across hips, lie down and jerk it so it goes across stomach onto chest. Then twist roll it off when I'm done. Usually I can't do the last rep so I'd be rolling it off even worse in the gym. With a couch rolling off is more comfy than a bench.

Deadlift and bench press is the same compact unit. It's made from big box cardboard. It's relatively comfortable. The big 50 lb plates are wrapped in duct tape to contain their smell. This is where I'll fit Rogue's S-2 with 7' bar when I upgrade. Obviously I'm space constrained, can't fit a full rack. Can fit S-2 because I could keep half of it under couch because of its flat base and otherwise move it around.

jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jndietz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KeithTheSnake View Post
    Nice set-up. With those weights, I'd take a wire wheel attached to a drill motor to remove the rust, wipe off the dust, and shoot with some cheap flat black paint from walmart. For the bar, I'd take some steel wool and some CLR Clear or some vinegar and remove the rust. If the bar's collars spin, leave them on. Neutralize the CLR Clear or vinegar with water, wipe it off and let it dry in the hot sun, and rub a little light oil or WD-40 on it.
    Hey Keith thanks a lot for the advice. I will definitely try this out this weekend. I do have a wire brush attachment for my drill. I also do have a power washer Hopefully those will help get it cleaned up! The collars are spinning freely on the bar. I'm not sure what CLR Clear is, but I'll look into it. Hopefully it'll look pretty decent when all is said and done.

Thanks again!

protip: build quality on this rack sucks ass, shouldve just went for a powertec or something but i got drawn in by the band pegs
    Thats such a shame mate. Someone started a thread about that rack here recently and I said just that about it. I'm sorry I was right. Because it looks the part you may find you get a good resale price off it if you ever decide to get rid. Just sent some reps your your way.
    My training log:
    ---------------

I repped you too detrus, your setup is 'no excuses good'.
    My training log:
    ---------------

highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What's wrong with the rack? Besides the (apparent) lack of spotters, I don't know if Powertec has much over this (I have one and I like it, but it doesn't seem much different than Amstaff). The pullup bars on the Amstaff are better, hole spacing is better, you have weight racks on the back to stabilize it, the J hooks are rated for 1000/1500. I don't see where this doesn't measure up.

Originally Posted by highhung723 View Post
    What's wrong with the rack? Besides the (apparent) lack of spotters, I don't know if Powertec has much over this (I have one and I like it, but it doesn't seem much different than Amstaff). The pullup bars on the Amstaff are better, hole spacing is better, you have weight racks on the back to stabilize it, the J hooks are rated for 1000/1500. I don't see where this doesn't measure up.
    there are spotters, i took them out
    the jhooks are wobbly and they are scratching up my bar because its pretty much just bare steel.
    the holes arent machined/sanded so it screeches like a bitch when you slide the spotters in
    ratings might not mean anything......you dont know how they are measuring it
    the black paint comes off easily
    im using the band pegs as weight trees. i have 4 pegs left for band deadlifts. theres a lot of wobble room for the pegs.

the sum of these things makes it feel cheap and lousy

if theres an upside its that i can sell it for maybe 200-250 when i decide to get rid of it since it LOOKS impressive

highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highhung723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there are spotters, i took them out
    the holes arent machined/sanded so it screeches like a bitch when you slide the spotters in
    So instead of tolerating the screeching, you're lifting without any spotters? FWIW, the old Powertec with the saber spotters screeches too.

Closed Thread
Page 133 of 267 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast