This is Flair Country ol_ matey's Avatar
    ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My chest is pissweak

Regardless of what I try, ie supersets, drop sets, pyramids, straight sets, my chest never gets a start. Granted it is certainly bigger than when I didn't lift, but the only time it's in proportion to the rest of my body is straight after I work it and it's pumped. Am I doomed to a life of small pecs?
    Hangovers keep alcoholism at bay, but more alcohol keeps hangovers at bay.

- Me.

odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ol' matey
    Regardless of what I try, ie supersets, drop sets, pyramids, straight sets, my chest never gets a start. Granted it is certainly bigger than when I didn't lift, but the only time it's in proportion to the rest of my body is straight after I work it and it's pumped. Am I doomed to a life of small pecs?
    Maybe in trying to bring it up you're working it too much? Sometimes less is more.

ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExplosiveOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe consider your diet as well, or perhaps you're over training. Otherwise it may be just plain genetics. My arms went up 2" and i garuantee you it was all tricep, i have the same problem with my bi's.
    Tryin to be an all-around stud:

bench max = 250lbs
    squat max = 355lbs
    deadlift = 365lbs
    Power Clean = 185lbs
    40 yard dash = 4.5sec
    1 mile run = 5:04 min

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You get reps for saying pissweak, and I like your name.
    I don't know either lol

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of rep scheme and what poundages are you using? I found my greatest chest development came when I dropped the wieghts drastically and really focused my on my chest. I max out around 405lbs. but rarely lift over 285lbs for reps. I think one of the best techniques for developing chest are slow negatives. I usually do a few sets of flat bench or incline bench at the end of my workout only using 135lbs. As you can see what you can bench and what stimulates the chest to grow are two completely different things.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

This is Flair Country ol_ matey's Avatar
    ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ol_ matey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by deserusan
    What kind of rep scheme and what poundages are you using? I found my greatest chest development came when I dropped the wieghts drastically and really focused my on my chest. I max out around 405lbs. but rarely lift over 285lbs for reps. I think one of the best techniques for developing chest are slow negatives. I usually do a few sets of flat bench or incline bench at the end of my workout only using 135lbs. As you can see what you can bench and what stimulates the chest to grow are two completely different things.
    My 6 week routine:

Week 1: 10 straight sets, 6 reps.
    Week 2: 8 Supersets, 4 reps followed immediately by another 4-6 reps
    Week 3: Same as week 1
    Week 4: 8 Drop sets, 4 reps, drop weight, another 4 reps.
    Week 5: Same as week 1
    Week 6: Pyramiding - 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 3 reps, 6 reps, 8 reps, 10 reps, 12 reps.
    Hangovers keep alcoholism at bay, but more alcohol keeps hangovers at bay.

- Me.

supertpr25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

try this

try making a change in your grip with barbell exercises from wide to closer grip, also stick with dumbells and lay off the fly type exercises, and no more thanthree or four exercises one time a week. If you stick with this you may have a shot.
    Do not do other exercises during the week which hit your chest, like dips and close grip bench, this is just going to continue to make your chest more lean and designed for stamina not size and strenth.

Lastly I had the best results with strenth gains when I did a three month plan of the following taught to me by a guy who benched well into the 500lbs range for most of his life, I have done this about five times over the past three years and I gained huge amounts of size and strenth. Do it over and over with about a month of easy training in between. I went from 275 max up to 425 lbs max in three years, all natural:

flat bench- warm up
    -3 sets x whatever weight you can get for 5, 5 amd 5 resp, make the last set of five as hard as possible

- next week move up ten pounds and try this for 5, 5, and 5. wach time you get strong enought to do all three sets increase the weight to the next logical step, ten or twenty pounds

Flat dumbells-
    -3 sets x whatever you can get very hard reps

flat partial rep bench using squat rack-
    -3-4 sets of almost 50-100 lbs over your max bench, set the sqaut rack bar so you are lifting the weight only for the top 8-12 inches of your range of motion do 3-5 reps.

Last thing- 3- sets of skull crushers but one hand at a time, using dumbells
    8 reps of as much weight as possible and use the opposite hand to help yourself
    NOW or NEVER.......NOT LATER!!

'04 Body Weight 260 with f*** up lower back
    Bench Press in '04 was 425 x2 good reps, now recovering from back surgery and benching 95 lbs x20 reps, long way to go, one pound at a time.

Goal- Body Weight 200 and Bench 405 with good lower back by Sept. '06...

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My 6 week routine:

Week 1: 10 straight sets, 6 reps.
    Week 2: 8 Supersets, 4 reps followed immediately by another 4-6 reps
    Week 3: Same as week 1
    Week 4: 8 Drop sets, 4 reps, drop weight, another 4 reps.
    Week 5: Same as week 1
    Week 6: Pyramiding - 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 3 reps, 6 reps, 8 reps, 10 reps, 12 reps.
    It seems like you might be overtraining a bit. I use drop sets and supersets only one excercise in my workout sparingly. If I decide to do 4 sets of supersets for say barbell curl I might just only do one more exercise with straight sets. I think what might help you is watching Milos Sarcev's training session on bb.com tv. His chest workout is designed for people not seeing the results they want.

http://thefitshow.com/week3/milos_chest_med.htm
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....