Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheating cholesterol test?

That's right. I am enlisting the help of all the evil geniuses (and google addicts) on ways to cheat on a test.

The test: Cholesterol.

That's right. I need to cheat on my cholesterol test.
    On 24 Dec, I have a physical as required for my application for life insurance. In order to qualify for a lower rate, I need to get my numbers down a bit. I have adjusted my eating habits, am taking fish oil capsules, eating whole wheat, peanut butter, and have upgraded from no-exercise to dismal-amount-of-exercise. Small means of improving the numbers, but probably not enough before my deadline.

So... I call upon you to help me cheat.

Is there a way? Will extending the fasting period before the bloodwork (typically 12hrs) do any good?
    Will a strict diet of bran (blegh!) and water for a couple days prior to the test do any good, or cause harm?
    Aside from garlic and fish oil supplements, is there anything else that can be taken?
    And aside from overall reduction... what will any of the above do to impact my HDL (good) to LDL (bad) ratios, with the goal of increasing HDL and decreasing LDL?

Long term... I need to get the numbers down anyway, so some permanent lifestyle changes will be taking place. But in the short-term, I need to get my total cholesterol down by 40pts and my triglycerides down just a smidgen, in about a week and a half.

Help a brudda out!

jsk54321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cholesterol test cheating

This will improve your results but technically may not be cheating since it also improves your health:
    1. Adhere to the following diet for 4 weeks prior to your test.
    2. Limit fat, oil, sugar, jelly, soda, candy, ice cream, dressing, pizza, cheese, white bread, white rice, candy, fried food, eggs, etc....
    3. Eat plain oat meal for breakfast and dinner. No added sugar.
    4. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruit.
    5. Take about 1000mg fish oil daily or every other day.
    6. Do aerobic excerise 3-4 times per week.
    7. Foods that are ok are egg whites, turkey, chicken, some whole wheat pasta, bread, brown rice.
    8. In general, cut back on your food consumption. No OJ, or juice. Water and red-wine (limited) is ok.

In the last week, where you are, you need to get drastic (as if you think the above is not drastic):
    1. Oatmeal for breakfast and dinner. No added sugar in the oatmeal.
    2. Completely eliminate sugar from your diet.
    3. Completely eliminate fat, oil, butter, ice cream, milk from your diet.
    4. Drastically reduce carbs.
    5. So what can you eat: Oatmeal, fruit, vegetables, chicken, turkey (plain), red kidney beans, peanuts, soybeans, almonds. Overall, eat less than normal.
    6. Aerobic excercise every day.

Day before test.
    1. Light breakfast of oatmeal.
    2. Light lunch of fresh veggies and fruit.
    3. No more food after lunch except a grapefruit for dinner.
    4. Do an hour of aerobic excercise night before.
    5. Go to bed early (since you'll be hating life and want the test to come soon).
    6. Oh, all the water you want is ok....

Morning of test.
    1. Aerobic excercise hard before the test.
    2. No nothing to eat of course.
    3. Take test.
    4. Eat like a freaking pig.

Good luck. It will work.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't cheat. Square away your diet and lifestyle and actually get your numbers in order. The perfect diet and exercise plan may not be enough if you have a genetic predisposition.

Cheating on your test and not addressing the problem is great news for your potential beneficiary.

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jsk54321 View Post
    This will improve your results but technically may not be cheating since it also improves your health:
    2. Limit fat, oil, sugar, jelly, soda, candy, ice cream, dressing, pizza, cheese, white bread, white rice, candy, fried food, eggs, etc....
    7. Foods that are ok are egg whites, turkey, chicken, some whole wheat pasta, bread, brown rice.
    8. In general, cut back on your food consumption. No OJ, or juice. Water and red-wine (limited) is ok.

In the last week, where you are, you need to get drastic (as if you think the above is not drastic):
    5. So what can you eat: Oatmeal, fruit, vegetables, chicken, turkey (plain), red kidney beans, peanuts, soybeans, almonds. Overall, eat less than normal.

Day before test.
    5. Go to bed early (since you'll be hating life and want the test to come soon).

Morning of test.
    3. Take test.

Good luck. It will work.
    LOL

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jsk54321 View Post

Day before test.

Morning of test.
    3. Take test.

Good luck. It will work.
    Haha.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I guess it helps to read the dates of the posts. We are giving advice on a 2.5 year old thread.

I wonder if this guy took the advice, how he did on the test, and if he's still alive.

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Scott~ View Post
    I guess it helps to read the dates of the posts. We are giving advice on a 2.5 year old thread.

I wonder if this guy took the advice, how he did on the test, and if he's still alive.
    hahaha wow, didn't even notice

bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadwolfnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Scott~ View Post

poor guy prop ably died after this 4 weeks....lol

zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000) zac2booya is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strong 3 year bump
    I've been known to rep back (300+)

We have some old ass hamburger and tuna hepler in the comberds.

Going into White Castle...I see a nice HB 7 across the street. I whistle loud to get her attention. She turns around. I tell her "hey, come here, let me buy you a burger". She doesn't come. - CarlitoBrigante

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL at thread and resurrecting a 2 year old post as one's first post.

Probably good info though.

boxerrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,
    I need to get the numbers down anyway, so some permanent lifestyle changes will be taking place. But in the short-term, I need to get my total cholesterol down by 40pts and my triglycerides down just a smidgen, in about a week and a half.

Thanks

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by boxerrr View Post
    Hello,
    I need to get the numbers down anyway, so some permanent lifestyle changes will be taking place. But in the short-term, I need to get my total cholesterol down by 40pts and my triglycerides down just a smidgen, in about a week and a half.

Thanks

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, talking of adding a supplement that can help, one of the better ways to raise HDL is taking enough vitamin D3 to reach a testing level between 60 to 70ng/ml. An article about that:

HDL for Dummies
    http://www.heartscanblog.org/2008/05...r-dummies.html

One factor that will raise LDL higher is increased blood sugar levels. And whole wheat bread is similar to refined wheat in this manor, they both raise glucose levels about the same from what I've read. Being on a crash coarse to improve cholesterol figures I'd look into fasting and keeping blood sugar levels as low as possible.

http://www.heartscanblog.org/2010/04...bia-novel.html

From the article:

"Carbohydrates increase small LDL particles
    Or, in the cholesterol-speak most people understand, "carbohydrates increase cholesterol." It's counterintuitive, but carbohydrates increase LDL substantially, far more than any fat. "