yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Transverse Abdominis Exercises?

So I tried posting a thread that asked about what excercises work the transverse abdominals but didn't know if it worked, so please if there is anyone out there that has some really good info on these exercises please let me know. And no I'm not some stupid kid that knows nothing so please no stupid retarded people writing idiotic replys back.

OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm subscribing to this thread because I'd like to know as well.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stomach vaccuums and projectile vomiting.(Also heavy compounds, squats, deads,etc.)
    I don't know either lol

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Vacuums, tummy thins and bridges (or planks? the ones where you get in a pushup position but rest on elbows and hold back straight with core).

Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xenithon
    Vacuums, tummy thins and bridges (or planks? the ones where you get in a pushup position but rest on elbows and hold back straight with core).
    yep bridges are a very good exercise for the transverse abdominus, i have had alot less lower back pain after strengthening the TA through bridges
    I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Indeed. And one tip I found: I have seen it shown on sites very often when you do it on the floor. Try it from an incline pushup position, ie. feet up on a low bench or chair. That way when you perform the bridge/plank (whatever it's called ) your back is parallel with the ground.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tummy tucks are terrible, bracing the stomach is 1000 times better
    Chicks dig big calves

The Giant Killer ShreddedShruggin's Avatar
    ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also pretty much any ab exercise on a swiss ball will hit the TA pretty hard and provide differnt stimulation.

-Grimface

Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's an exercise called the Quadruped. You're on hands and knees, keeping your navel close to your spine throughout. Extend one leg at a time behind you, holding for a count of ? 10 or so.

It's a tricky muscle to hit, since it doesn't seem to link two bones. Pilates has some good exercises for it too.
    It's spoze to be hard. That's why they call it a workout.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yellowbelly52
    So I tried posting a thread that asked about what excercises work the transverse abdominals but didn't know if it worked, so please if there is anyone out there that has some really good info on these exercises please let me know. And no I'm not some stupid kid that knows nothing so please no stupid retarded people writing idiotic replys back.
    Everything mentioned above will stimulate the transverse abdominals... but can I ask you why you want to work these? The main function they have is to compress your abdomin, like when youre on the kamode, or helping press the diaphram when you exhale.. things like that. They are located below your rectus abdominals, external, and internal obliques, and are pretty much invisable. So if you work them out a lot, they will just get bigger below those other layers of abdominals and give you a larger stomach. The only benift you will have from having stronger transverse abdominals would be the ability to fire **** out at lightning speed. I wouldnt recommend trying to stimulate them directly, they get enough stimulation as is, unless maybe youre trying to increase the thickness of your abdominals in general?...but then that could negatively effect your V-taper.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yellowbelly52
    Transverse Abdominus, Multifidus, and Pelvic Floor muslces are important stabilizers

You should have a Transverse Abdominus contraction during most exercises and daily activities like walking. When doing a TA contraction you dont want your ribs to move. Avoid using the obliques to prevent an inflare of the ribs. On inspiration don't suck everything in causing the ribs to outflare.

Start in quadraped and sag stomach all the way out.
    Work with breathing.
    Inhale naturally and breath half way out and stop.
    Draw your stomach in without bending your spine.
    Breath the rest of the way out while you are holding your stomach up
    Continue to breath in and out with the TA contraction for 10 seconds.
    Hold this for 10 seconds while breathing normal. Repeat 10 times

Eventually this TA contraction will become natural.

rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rudyky08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    After herniating a disc in my lower back and going through physical therapy I can say that the best way to strengthen your TA is to do various bridge/plank exercises using a balance disc and a medicine ball. I've got a bunch of them from my therapist. PM if you'd like the list.
    Athletic Edge Nutrition
    http://bodybuilding.com/store/ae/ae.htm

"But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."
    -Rocky

yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yellowbelly52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by crazygerman
    Everything mentioned above will stimulate the transverse abdominals... but can I ask you why you want to work these? The main function they have is to compress your abdomin, like when youre on the kamode, or helping press the diaphram when you exhale.. things like that. They are located below your rectus abdominals, external, and internal obliques, and are pretty much invisable. So if you work them out a lot, they will just get bigger below those other layers of abdominals and give you a larger stomach. The only benift you will have from having stronger transverse abdominals would be the ability to fire **** out at lightning speed. I wouldnt recommend trying to stimulate them directly, they get enough stimulation as is, unless maybe youre trying to increase the thickness of your abdominals in general?...but then that could negatively effect your V-taper.
    I'm trying to get a "fuller" look to my lower abs. I realize that they are located below your rectus abdominals, external, and internal obliques, but I already am doing excersies for them and just wanted some extra help in the transverse area. As retarted as that may sound I'm going for the, how did you say it, "larger stomach." Thanks for actually giving me some good feed back though.

virtu2K1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abs

The Transverse Abdominals can be exercised with the stomach vacuum and plank, just like everyone said. Its aslo the muscles that keep the organs in place. Its a tougher than most muscles in the fact that you can work it vigorously everyday. The result will be a flatter looking midsection. So you may not get the "bigger" stomach you were looking for. In fact in my experience is making my abdomen smaller and more compact. Just a thought

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Should have? The TVA is activated just by standing up

Originally Posted by Sloandy73
    Transverse Abdominus, Multifidus, and Pelvic Floor muslces are important stabilizers

You should have a Transverse Abdominus contraction during most exercises and daily activities like walking. When doing a TA contraction you dont want your ribs to move. Avoid using the obliques to prevent an inflare of the ribs. On inspiration don't suck everything in causing the ribs to outflare.

Start in quadraped and sag stomach all the way out.
    Work with breathing.
    Inhale naturally and breath half way out and stop.
    Draw your stomach in without bending your spine.
    Breath the rest of the way out while you are holding your stomach up
    Continue to breath in and out with the TA contraction for 10 seconds.
    Hold this for 10 seconds while breathing normal. Repeat 10 times

Eventually this TA contraction will become natural.
    Chicks dig big calves

Originally Posted by virtu2K1
    The Transverse Abdominals can be exercised with the stomach vacuum and plank, just like everyone said. Its aslo the muscles that keep the organs in place. Its a tougher than most muscles in the fact that you can work it vigorously everyday. The result will be a flatter looking midsection. So you may not get the "bigger" stomach you were looking for. In fact in my experience is making my abdomen smaller and more compact. Just a thought
    Thanks for the tip. Also what branch are you in? What rank?

Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Transversus holds your gut in, and makes your waist look smaller.
    It's spoze to be hard. That's why they call it a workout.