Vetiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Disabled: Would Appreciate Your Advice on Losing Weight & Working Out (Eventually)

Dear Reader,

I am a 25 man and I have never had a weight problem before now. I was born prematurely and as a result I suffered brain damaged because of this I suffer from moderate Cerebral Palsy (CP). I can walk and the CP has not really impacted my life a great deal. Although having said that I will not be able to do a lot of the exercise you would expect me to be able to do sadly because of the CP; My endurance for sports and long walks is not the best.

When I was 12 I was diagnosed with a form of depression and will be on medication for life. Although I did start to put on weight I adjusted my diet accordingly and everything was fine. At 21 I was diagnosed with "Relapsing Remitting" Multiple Sclerosis (NS) and was started on yet more medication. It has all worsened my physical condition over the years.

Late last year I had trouble sleeping and stopped eating and was hospitalised. After which I was put on a diet of food replacement milkshakes my time in hospital combined with the medication, the milkshakes and the bout of depression have taken their toll...

I am now "just" 14 stone - 196 lbs or 88.9 kg - I have never been this heavy in my life. I am roughly 5ft 11 inches - 1.8 m - tall and normally weigh on the lower end of 10 stone. I have checked my BMI on line and it sits at the high end of 27 > I really must fix this.

I need weight loss advice and I wouldn't mind tips for muscle/strength building I am not looking to be a man bulging with muscles but they have atrophied so much that my daily life is affected.

I have been to my doctor they offer little to no help I have been to the hospital again they show me the door. Any help or suggestions is most welcome; thank you so much for reading.

Kind Regards,

V.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To lose weight you need to control your diet.
    Start tracking calories.
    Head to the stickies and give them a good read.

As for exercise, no one on this forum will be able to guide you.
    Seek the help from a sports rehabilitation centre.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hello, it sounds like you've got some obstacles to overcome but it's great that you are going to put forth the effort to achieve your goal. You stated that you adjusted your diet previously and it worked out for you. I would try slowly to lower how much you're eating and see if that gets you going in the right direction. Have you tracked calories before?

As far as tips for building strength, it may be helpful to look at this link, http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/, and post what exercises you think would work for you. Have a good day.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can't offer any kind of specific advice for your condition, but I do know without a doubt that if you eat at a caloric deficit while keeping your protein high you will drop weight while maintaining muscle. A friend of mine is at the gym every day with his wheel chair. Again I don't know your exact circumstances but I'm sure there are workouts you can slowly build up to.

I think the first step would be reading up on tracking calories on something like myfitnesspal. They have a great supportive community there.

Good luck bud, keep us updated