GDAR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What happens if i stop taking creatine?

I've been taking creatine for a few months now and i've had this muscle twitch in my right pec for a while, not sure if it started with the creatine or not. Basically for most of the day my right chest feels like its kind of flexing, i mean if i really focus i can stop it but its hard to keep focus on it. My doc seems to think that its the creatine and she told me to try getting of of it.

My question is what will happen if i get of the creatine, will i loose a good deal of muscle size or what and if so does it easily come back(without the creatine that is)
    Second question is has anyone had to deal with a muscle twitch issue like this?

failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i really doubt its the creatine. you just need a bit more rest and stetching.. mainly more stretching for the pecs.

indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you dont lose strength when stopping but you can feel "weaker" b/c you wont have the effect creatine can give when your lifting. Also when i stopped taking creatine mono I dropped like 5 lbs in just water weight alone over a week or so. Stopp taking it for a week and see if it goes away. I also doubt its the creatine. your muscles might just be overworked.
    clean bulking

RogerWilco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerWilco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerWilco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerWilco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerWilco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by indianlifter
    you dont lose strength when stopping but you can feel "weaker" b/c you wont have the effect creatine can give when your lifting. Also when i stopped taking creatine mono I dropped like 5 lbs in just water weight alone over a week or so. Stopp taking it for a week and see if it goes away. I also doubt its the creatine. your muscles might just be overworked.

On the contrary, while I was on creatine mono, I would constantly get muscle cramps (what he is describing) when, say, I'd reach for something. I'd extend my arm and my bicep would twinge/pull, a sort of mini-cramp. Started and persisted with my creatine use, totally disappeared when I stopped using it.

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds more like an electrolyte problem
    http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz..._disorders.jsp

Of course creatine might exacerbate it, but why not deal with the problem at its source

Sodium is very easy to get, but it's not hard to end up with short term potassium, magnesium, and calcium deficiencies...whip up some banana milkshakes and see if the twitches go away...

I've also heard zinc deficiency can cause this, and athletes need more zinc than the sedentary...but be careful, zinc toxicity is not hard to pull off.

I practically snort creatine, and I get the occasional twitch but 2 bananas a day, plenty of whey, and ZMA pretty much take care of it
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp
    Sounds more like an electrolyte problem
    http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz..._disorders.jsp

Of course creatine might exacerbate it, but why not deal with the problem at its source

Sodium is very easy to get, but it's not hard to end up with short term potassium, magnesium, and calcium deficiencies...whip up some banana milkshakes and see if the twitches go away...

I've also heard zinc deficiency can cause this, and athletes need more zinc than the sedentary...but be careful, zinc toxicity is not hard to pull off.

I practically snort creatine, and I get the occasional twitch but 2 bananas a day, plenty of whey, and ZMA pretty much take care of it
    Bingo!
    I've still got a lot to learn.

youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp
    I practically snort creatine
    Ahhahaha! Quote of the day, ...er, early morning...

jmac3178 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmac3178 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when is the best time of day to add creatine to ur diet, or does it really matter. It is the creatine with carbs.

youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jmac3178
    when is the best time of day to add creatine to ur diet, or does it really matter. It is the creatine with carbs.
    immediately after workout, although it's really not a big deal when you take it, it's just a matter of loading your muscles with it over time