Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not that I am complaining, but half a golf ball? Can that be for real?
    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    while it's fine to get pics and advice from others to me the most logical thing would be to measure on your own for a while and then see if you can dish out the same amount without measuring (how does doing this compare to the actual measured amount?). like your own brief experiment to see if you are able to guestimate accurately in the future. it's you that will ultimately be doing the measuring so best to do all the "learning" by trial and error/practicing. good luck.
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-20...-look-like.htm

(1/2 of the peanut butter shown as that is 2 TBSP)
    http://twitter.com/elkobrien

http://www.********.com/lkobrien

(OBF contest log ) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122845401

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got a digital scale from walmart for 20 bucks, I just put the PB on the scale and tare it and just scoop out the pb until it shows the number of grams I want. 1 tbsp = 16g
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerrico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use this one on a bulk.

bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumbphucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bobobobobobobo View Post
    I just picked this one up and it has worked well so far. It has a lot of good reviews on Amazon too:

http://www.amazon.com/Escali-Primo-D...9374701&sr=8-1

I was wanting to get a scale, what are some good brands that are commonly sold at normal stores???

patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mike0093_OLDONE View Post
    Yeah, can anyone link to a good digital scale they have used? Reps.
    This is the one that I bought, it is really good. Does the job perfectly. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=16210315

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Check this

The best way to measure a tablespoon of peanut butter without using a scale everytime, is to weigh the peanut butter jar, then fill a tablespoon (remembering the level) of peanut butter and finally to weigh the jar again. The difference between the first and second weight is the exact amount butter your spoon holds.
    Last edited by DorianJ; 03-02-2010 at 03:59 PM.

wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wahoowa01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
    Check this

The best way to measure a tablespoon of peanut butter without using a scale everytime, is to weigh the peanut butter jar, then fill a tablespoon (remembering the level) of peanut butter and finally to weigh the jar again. The difference between the first and second weight is the exact amount butter your spoon holds.
    good video.

i normally just use two slightly exaggerated tsp of pb so that I know i'm pretty close...

3 tsp = 1 tbs.
    "it's not a hobby, it's a way of life"

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)

Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just buy a tbsp measure and level it off to make sure youre ONLY getting 1 tbsp wit each scoop

joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use a food scale to measure my PB serving, and I measure it by GRAMS. And yes, I measure it down to the very last gram. Can't remember if it's 28,32, or 52 grams in 1 serving (1 tblsp) of peanut butter.

JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JKnockawitz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a plastic tbsp and I always level it off to get a tbsp of PB, but I see different size tbsp's pretty often and always wonder if the one I'm using is accurate? If it says 1 tbsp and I'm leveling it off it has to be right regardless of the other size tbsps right? I would hate for my tbsp to be inaccurate because I use it for olive oil, PB, dressing, etc.

-Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Pandora- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This website shows what 200 cals of a variety of foods looks like - it's called calorie gallery

here's what they have for PB - http://www.caloriegallery.com/s/peanut-butter

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^that site really seems visually incorrect. 2 tbsp. of PB was like the size of an eraser lol.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JKnockawitz View Post
    I have a plastic tbsp and I always level it off to get a tbsp of PB, but I see different size tbsp's pretty often and always wonder if the one I'm using is accurate? If it says 1 tbsp and I'm leveling it off it has to be right regardless of the other size tbsps right? I would hate for my tbsp to be inaccurate because I use it for olive oil, PB, dressing, etc.
    Thats why you get a food scale and always measure it by the grams. That way you aren't guessing nutrient info.

Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    Thats why you get a food scale and always measure it by the grams. That way you aren't guessing nutrient info.
    i could never do that for something like pb, it just seems extremely obsessive. not to say im careless by any means about my calorie intake tho

loyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hope someone could help me out with this:

if i use my protein scoop (36g) to dig out my peanut butter, is this equivalent to 36g of peanut butter?

Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by loyyy View Post

if i use my protein scoop (36g) to dig out my peanut butter, is this equivalent to 36g of peanut butter?
    I wouldnt think so, because PB is much denser than Protein.
    You may squat twice as much weight as me, but if its only half depth, I'm callin us even.

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I normally measure each serving by a whole jar
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000)
    depressing....

loyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adam2519 View Post
    I wouldnt think so, because PB is much denser than Protein.
    is there a rough gauge how many grams of peanut butter will there be in a 36g scoop ? gonna get a scale this weekend so meanwhile i just have to make do with a rough estimate :/

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can't understand how people can operate a computer and ask a question on an Internet forum yet not know how to measure things.

ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dat View Post
    I can't understand how people can operate a computer and ask a question on an Internet forum yet not know how to measure things.
    lol this

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by loyyy View Post

grams is a measure of weight, not volume. The scooper holds however much volume it needs to for 36g of that product. Best bet without having an actual measuring spoon is to use the other links of pictures and comparisons.

Originally Posted by Lucide View Post
    If I'm weighting out something like 48 grams of peanut butter I'll measure the weight of a metal spoon and then use that spoon to dig out peanut butter until I get the correct weight.
    You could also but the jar on the scale, zero it, remove desired amount. No bothering with having to balance a spoon full of PB on the scale.
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363