Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2766
    sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by reicherts78 View Post
    For rep range full body workouts, to get all 3 RRs is it better to use different execises as originally mentioned in the thread for each RR or to only do one exercise, 3 sets, and all 3 ranges?

Full body workouts would be hard to do 3 different exercises for each muscle group.

So better to do 3 sets squats with all 3 RR
    Or squats, lunges, and leg extensions for example each with all 3 RR?

Thanks for your input. Loving this program so far.
    I understand what you are saying. If you hit multiple movements per body part then it is best to do one for 7-9, then one for 10-12, then one for 13-15 or the reverse of that. I usually do 4 movements per group and either go on the low end and get 4-6 for an exercise or the high end and get 16-20 for a movement.

Now, if you are only doing two exercises then you can do something like:

-barbell curl...1 x 10-12, 1 x 13-15
    -preacher curl...1 x 7-9, 1 x 10-12

If only doing one movement for a muscle you can do something like:

-bb shrug...1 x 7-9, 1 x 10-12, 1 x 13-15, 1 x 16-20 or high to low as well.

Does that help?
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xxx_jfb_xxx View Post
    I guess since it's important I will keep it how you have it.
    For hypertrophy yes it is. Somewhat less for strength.

dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow!

Originally Posted by dantefrizzoli View Post
    Wow!
    Good wow? Bad wow? LOL.

reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    I understand what you are saying. If you hit multiple movements per body part then it is best to do one for 7-9, then one for 10-12, then one for 13-15 or the reverse of that. I usually do 4 movements per group and either go on the low end and get 4-6 for an exercise or the high end and get 16-20 for a movement.

Now, if you are only doing two exercises then you can do something like:

-barbell curl...1 x 10-12, 1 x 13-15
    -preacher curl...1 x 7-9, 1 x 10-12

If only doing one movement for a muscle you can do something like:

-bb shrug...1 x 7-9, 1 x 10-12, 1 x 13-15, 1 x 16-20 or high to low as well.

Does that help?
    That does help thank you . I just did my first full body workout with RR. I did 1-2 exercises per body part and got all 3 ranges for each one (9, 12, 15 reps) Great pumps! Thanks for the quick reply!

Today's RR full body:
    Barbell squat 3x9,12,15
    Rear Lunge 3x9,12,15
    Weighted chinup 3x9,12,15
    Barbell incline press 3x9,12,15
    Dumbell row 2x10,15
    Cable chest press 2x10,15
    Dumbbell curl 2x10,15
    Dumbbell tri extensions 2x10,15
    Currently 185 lbs 13% bf
    Phase: slow cut

That does help thank you . I just did my first full body workout with RR. I did 1-2 exercises per body part and got all 3 ranges for each one (9, 12, 15 reps) Great pumps! Thanks for the quick reply!
    My pleasure to assist.

JayBuilderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayBuilderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayBuilderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayBuilderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wish you could help me. I'am 5'9", 150lbs, 17.5%bf and am looking to gain some lean mass and look more fit. My goal weitht is 160~165 at 10%bf. Could I hit this goal with PRRS training? If so should I eat at maintanance calorie? My bf is already higher than the target one.

stevemason1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm been on thus program for the first week and would like if you can check out and answer a few of my questions

So here's my routine

Sun: off
    Mon: biceps/chest
    Tuesff
    Wed: triceps/back
    Thursdayff
    Friday:legs/shoulders
    Sat: bicep/chest???or should I take another off dsy

If you can recommend a 4 day split I would appreciate it very much.

Few questions:

For dips, triceps rope pull downs, and lat pull downs do I have to count the 4 seconds when I go down or when I'm going up?

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone I'd like to perfect this program but would want to know about this a little more.

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stevemason1 View Post
    I'm been on thus program for the first week and would like if you can check out and answer a few of my questions

So here's my routine

Tuesff
    Thursdayff

Few questions:

For dips, triceps rope pull downs, and lat pull downs do I have to count the 4 seconds when I go down or when I'm going up?

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone I'd like to perfect this program but would want to know about this a little more.
    I'd do back all on it's own and legs all on their own. Then on Saturday you could do Shoulders/Triceps

Wed: back
    Friday:legs
    Sat: shoulders/triceps

4 seconds up for the exercise listed - so hold and slowly go up for 4 seconds then explode down.
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

Thumbs up

I'd do back all on it's own and legs all on their own. Then on Saturday you could do Shoulders/Triceps

Wed: back
    Friday:legs
    Sat: shoulders/triceps

4 seconds up for the exercise listed - so hold and slowly go up for 4 seconds then explode down.

Thanks a lot man appreciate it

Originally Posted by JayBuilderman View Post
    I wish you could help me. I'am 5'9", 150lbs, 17.5%bf and am looking to gain some lean mass and look more fit. My goal weitht is 160~165 at 10%bf. Could I hit this goal with PRRS training? If so should I eat at maintanance calorie? My bf is already higher than the target one.
    PRRS training is in my opinion the best long term solution for adding muscle when in a calorie surplus and maintaining it in a deficit. You have a ways to go before you hit your goal because you want to gain weight and lose fat. This means about a true 30 lb. gain in muscle! You are going to have to try and maintain this body fat and build up to about 180 lbs before beginning a cutting process.

So here's my routine

Tuesff
    Thursdayff

Few questions:

Here is a 4-day split I like:

Monday: CHEST/FRONT AND SIDE DELTS/ABS
    Tuesday: QUADS/HAMS/CALVES
    Thursday: LATS/ TRAPS/REAR DELTS/ABS
    Fri or Saturday: BIS/TRIS/CALVES

The negative part of the rep is never the push or pull. So for dips it is 4 secs on the way down. For all push downs it is on the way up. For lat pulldowns it is on the way up.

YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there any kind of split/program with actual workouts/exercises? That would be extremely helpful

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, that was for someone that uses a full body routine. This is a basic PRRS template for each bodypart. Of course, this is just general. When I work with a client I specialize it to his/her physique and goals.

Back

POWER: week 1

- Rack deadlift...3 x 3-6
    - Bent row...3 x 4-6
    - Weighted chin...2-3 x 4-6
    - CG seated row...2-3 x 4-6

REP RANGE: week 2

- CG weighted chin...2 x 6-8
    - WG T-Bar row...2 x 8-10
    - Dumbell row...2 x 10-12
    - Pullover...2 x 12-15

SHOCK: week 3

- Pullover/WG pulldown superset...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - Stiff arm pulldown/reverse grip bent row...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - CG seated pully row dropset...1 x 6-8, drop, 6-8, drop, 6-8

Biceps/Triceps

- Barbell curl...2 x 4-6
    - Preacher curl...2 x 4-6
    - Hammer curl...1-2 x 4-6
    - CG bench press...3 x 4-6
    - Skull crush...2 x 4-6
    - Single arm dumbell extension...1-2 x 4-6

- Alternating dumbell curl...2 x 6-8
    - Cable curl...2 x 8-10
    - Concentration curl...1-2 x 10-12
    - Weighted dip...3 x 6-8
    - Pushdown...2 x 8-10
    - Kickback...1-2 x 10-12

- EZ bar curl/CG chin superset...1 x 6-10 each
    - Preacher curl/reverse curl superset...1 x 6-10 each
    - Dropset cable single arm curl...1 x 6-10, drop 6-10
    - Pushdown/CG bench press superset...1-2 x 6-10 each
    - Reverse grip pushdown/incline overhead extension superset...1-2 x 6-10 each
    - Dropset weighted bench dip...1 x 8-10, drop 8-10

Chest

- Dumbell bench press...3 x 4-6
    - Incline press...3 x 4-6
    - Weighted dips...2 x 4-6

- Incline dumbell press...3 x 6-8
    - Bench press...3 x 8-10
    - Flye...2 x 10-12

- Superset...cable crossover/incline smith press...1-2 x 8-10 reps each
    - Superset...incline flye/dips...1 x 8-10 reps each
    - Dropset...machine bench press...1 x 8-10, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Deltoids

- Military press...2-3 x 4-6
    - Upright row...2-3 x 4-6
    - "Cheat" lateral...2 x 4-6

- Single arm dumbell press...2 x 6-8
    - Bent lateral...2-3 x 8-10
    - Cable side lateral...2 x 10-12

- Seated side lateral/hammer machine press superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Severse pec deck/WG upright row superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Cable front raise dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Legs

- Squats...3 x 4-6
    - Leg press...3 x 4-6
    - Single leg extension...2 x 4-6
    - Lying leg curl...3 x 4-6
    - Stiff deadlift...2-3 x 4-6

- Leg extension...2 x 8-10
    - Hack squat...3 x 10-12
    - One legged leg press...3 x 12-15
    - Lying leg curl...2 x 6-8
    - Stiff deadlift...2 x 8-10
    - Single leg curl or seated leg curl...1-2 x 10-12

- Superset: leg extension/front squat...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - Superset: leg extension/sissy squat or leg press...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - Dropset: lunge...1 x 8-10, drop, 8-10
    - Superset: leg curl seated or lying/toes pointed hyperextension...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - Dropset: single leg curl...1-2 x 8-10, drop, 8-10

The only note is that once you run through PRRS a few times you should advance RR week to the following ranges: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20 (for larger bodyparts).
    Originally Posted by YankinDeez View Post
    Is there any kind of split/program with actual workouts/exercises? That would be extremely helpful
    From page 7.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

Talking

Hey do you have another version of this for someone who weight lifted semi serious for a couple years with 6 months of real intense training at the gym please? I'm trying this program and it's pretty intense maybe if I had something a little less intense (maybe I should drop some weight in some workouts??) it would be perfect for me the basics of this program really intrigues me so I want to stick to the basics of it

Any help would be greatly appreciated

from page 7.
    thank you!!!!!!

Hey do you have another version of this for someone who weight lifted semi serious for a couple years with 6 months of real intense training at the gym please? I'm trying this program and it's pretty intense maybe if I had something a little less intense (maybe I should drop some weight in some workouts??) it would be perfect for me the basics of this program really intrigues me so I want to stick to the basics of it

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    If the intensity is too high you can simply lower the amount of sets per muscle group or do not take every set to failure. I would also recommend doing shock week less often. Something like P/RR/RR/P/RR/S

dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dilipkb7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My arms are not growing, I am following the routine. Please suggest, I am following the 5 day split.

Originally Posted by dilipkb7 View Post
    My arms are not growing, I am following the routine. Please suggest, I am following the 5 day split.
    Are you hitting arms once per week or twice?

dilip7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you hitting arms once per week or twice?
    Once.

Back
    Biceps/Triceps
    Chest

Deltoids, Traps
    Legs

1) In RR week mid point of the movement should be held for 1 full second for peak concentration.
    Now I can do this if it is a Bicep curl but how to do this in case of Squats/ Tricep pushdown/ Upright row...?
    2) I really love Shock week, I can feel the soreness till 2 days. I am bulking right now, can I hit shock more than P and RR?
    3) Through some light on exercises for Abs.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dilip7; 07-02-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Originally Posted by dilip7 View Post
    Once.

Back
    Biceps/Triceps
    Chest

Deltoids, Traps
    Legs

1) In RR week mid point of the movement should be held for 1 full second for peak concentration.
    Now I can do this if it is a Bicep curl but how to do this in case of Squats/ Tricep pushdown/ Upright row...?
    2) I really love Shock week, I can feel the soreness till 2 days. I am bulking right now, can I hit shock more than P and RR?
    3) Through some light on exercises for Abs.

Thanks.
    Try hitting bis and tris for about 4 sets each on shoulder day and see if they need some extra direct stimulation.

The midpoint is not the peak contraction but the stretch position.

If you really feel shock week perhaps you could try P/S/RR/S etc.

dilip7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try hitting bis and tris for about 4 sets each on shoulder day and see if they need some extra direct stimulation.

The midpoint is not the peak contraction but the stretch position.

If you really feel shock week perhaps you could try P/S/RR/S etc.
    Ok thanks, will do that for arms.

So for squat can you consider the lowest position as the stretch position.

Ok. will try P/S/RR/S.

Thanks for your reply.

Originally Posted by dilip7 View Post
    Ok thanks, will do that for arms.

So for squat can you consider the lowest position as the stretch position.

Ok. will try P/S/RR/S.

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, the low point is the stretch position.

boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100) boycaron is not very well liked. (-100)
    nice explenation,thnks.

reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just wanted to check in with an update. I'm on my second RR cycle since starting this program. Couldn't stand cutting anymore, and was about 14-15%, so reverse dieted to 3200 calories per day from 2000 and haven't put on a pound yet . Doing this program as 3 full body workouts per week, each with some different exercises. My first day of this week, Sunday, emphasized legs. Raised all my weights from last month. Today is Tuesday and my DOMS is worse today than yesterday....can't remember the last time my legs were this sore. I literally almost fell down the stairs this morning from weak legs....love it!

Love this program and look forward to my workouts every other day (especially with my new power cage). My full body workouts take around 80 minutes due to the volume I need to program into the full body to get all of the rep ranges, but only doing 3 days per week makes it worth it. If anybody wants my full body routine, let me know.

Thanks again for providing such a great wealth of information!
    Last edited by reicherts78; 07-08-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Currently 185 lbs 13% bf
    Phase: slow cut

Just wanted to check in with an update. I'm on my second RR cycle since starting this program. Couldn't stand cutting anymore, and was about 14-15%, so reverse dieted to 3200 calories per day from 2000 and haven't put on a pound yet . Doing this program as 3 full body workouts per week, each with some different exercises. My first day of this week, Sunday, emphasized legs. Raised all my weights from last month. Today is Tuesday and my DOMS is worse today than yesterday....can't remember the last time my legs were this sore. I literally almost fell down the stairs this morning from weak legs....love it!

Love this program and look forward to my workouts every other day (especially with my new power cage). My full body workouts take around 80 minutes due to the volume I need to program into the full body to get all of the rep ranges, but only doing 3 days per week makes it worth it. If anybody wants my full body routine, let me know.

Thanks again for providing such a great wealth of information!
    Thank you for the feedback! I am so happy you are loving my PRRS system!

JimmyTheToad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Literally just registered to say thank you for this Sixth-Sense.

Crazy to think one "little" thread can completely re-divert the course of so many peoples day to day.

Will continue to check-in from time to time now i'm registered, well done once again.

Dashboard is kinda cool on this site, i can't believe that I have never registered, considering I've referred to this site for years.

Originally Posted by JimmyTheToad View Post
    Literally just registered to say thank you for this Sixth-Sense.

Crazy to think one "little" thread can completely re-divert the course of so many peoples day to day.

Will continue to check-in from time to time now i'm registered, well done once again.

Dashboard is kinda cool on this site, i can't believe that I have never registered, considering I've referred to this site for years.
    This post made my day! Thank you Jimmy! Appreciated!

Hey Sixth - question again. While on a cut what do you recommend? Still do the PR/RR/S but with less sets and keeping the intensity up? I keep reading places that say to drop the # of sets and keep your intensity up to maintain strength. That's part of my goal - maintain (at least) strength while cutting body fat.

Thanks.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

Hey Sixth - question again. While on a cut what do you recommend? Still do the PR/RR/S but with less sets and keeping the intensity up? I keep reading places that say to drop the # of sets and keep your intensity up to maintain strength. That's part of my goal - maintain (at least) strength while cutting body fat.

Thanks.
    When I am cutting I do best on P/S/RR/S etc. Shock weeks are terrific for fat burning. Do not initially drop sets. Only do so if you are losing strength significantly and feeling exhausted daily as diet moves on.