Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000)

Post **2008 BB.COM Contest** Forgotten18's official [TEAM E] Journals

This is the Offical Thread for Team E's Journals in the 2008 Bodybuilding.com Cutting Contest. My name is James and I will be your mentor for the duration of this contest.

This thread is intended to not only keep track of your progress, but to lend support, advice, and to kick your ass and harass you if you are getting lazy or feel like quitting.

This thread will be where everyone on our team will post their journals/logs of thier progress, nutrition, workouts, etc. I encourage everyone to post DAILY on this thread. We want to know what is up and how you are doing.

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO USE SOME KIND OF WEBSITE/PROGRAM SUCH AS FITDAY.COM or CALORIEKING.COM TO KEEP TRACK OF THEIR NUTRITION. Remember: Bodybuilding (and especially fat loss!) starts in the KITCHEN, then the GYM. You can be strong as an ox in the gym, but if you eat crap and junk food, you're going to be as fat as an ox as well.

And...Don't hesitate to discuss diets, supplements, the Patriots, women or anything else here. If you have a question or need help, just ask. We are all here for each other.

I urge each and everyone of you to, no matter what, not give up and quit this contest. I hope at the end of the 6 months when this contest is up everyone will have reached their fat loss goal. Remember too, any fat loss is better than no fat loss, if you whether you lose 5 lbs or 100 lbs+ during this contest, at the end you will look and feel better than you did before you started.

If you are struggling, do not give up, we are here to help you. THIS IS A TEAM, AND WE WILL WORK AS A TEAM. Team E members are:

Team E
    enduran
    SugarLand
    U295
    FadeawayJ23
    epix1718
    Battleshipbeau
    grunmn
    Backthen
    Antz1980
    biodarwin
    draoicht
    longerstronger
    JaeGee
    Eagle fan 123
    Super Kaioken
    SIERRALAND
    cornwallus
    firebloks
    Lift247
    eodtexan
    wolf8278
    tedog
    Shagmeister
    algorythm
    GHill
    eddied27
    JimBro
    CFree3344

FOREWORD:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a new year, and it's time to begin transforming into the new you. Put down that donut. You don't need it bub. It's time to take some action. Time to quitting complaining and whining, it's time to actually put your money where your mouth is. It may be a long and grueling road, but it will be worth it in the end. It's time to get in shape, get healthy, be ripped, and make heads turn. NO MORE EXCUSES! You know that you can do it, so why don't you? Who cares about the past and whatever you did wrong then. The time is now. You are the only thing between you and your goals. Get the hell outta the way. The only thing that is stopping YOU is YOU! This is mind over matter. You must have discipline in order to accomplish these feats. Do you have what it takes? You need to take control of yourself and you're body. You can chisel away that fat and reveal stone. You have the power to make YOUR body be what YOU want it to be.

So I ask...Can you conquer yourself?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is Snake, I'm at the sneak point!

Team [E]xtreme

If there's nothing but survival,
    How can I believe in Sin?
    In a world that gives you nothing,
    We need something to Believe in!

eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Just checking in during my lunch with the good ole tuna, brown rice and some green beans. MMMMMM

Good luck to everyone and lets get our team through to the end.

danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go Team!

Had pasta with bolognese sauce all home made today so far. And two handfuls of popcorn. No gym for me today its closed

Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SIERRALAND View Post
    Go Team!

Had pasta with bolognese sauce all home made today so far. And two handfuls of popcorn. No gym for me today its closed
    likewise, no gym here too!

but i kicked it off with nice FAT JUICY........jog this morning
    Team [E]xtreme

GHill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, Gym is closed until the 3rd for me, which sucks

eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) eodtexan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Our Gym is closed but I have enough stuff at home to get a decent workout in. Opens up tomorrow. I am actually changing gyms as this one has just become to far since the move.

Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Checking in What's up fellas Man, I'm so glad the Christmas eating season has concluded. I gained 8 lbs since Christmas, just crazy. Let's get back on track and get pumped. I guess I'll consider myself lucky...my gym is open today.
    It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. - AS

Hi, I'm a total newb about supplements and whatnot so just wondering whether you guys can give me some recommendations for purchasing some effective brands of whey protein and creatine. Thanks.

Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Ghill

My preference for protein is the muscletech nitrotech hardcore strawberry. It's expensive though, but it's something that I found that works for me. The strawberry is the better tasting of the options.
    It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. - AS

enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok guys, as James said the battle starts in the kitchen. How many calories are you shooting for daily? I'm going for 2300 quality calories, probably 50/30/20 breakdown (p/c/f).
    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength," Php. 4:13

Originally Posted by enduran View Post
    Ok guys, as James said the battle starts in the kitchen. How many calories are you shooting for daily? I'm going for 2300 quality calories, probably 50/30/20 breakdown (p/c/f).
    yup im going for 50/30/20
    im starting at 2000 cals, so if my portions somehow get over the amount then i wont have to worry about taking in more calories
    Team [E]xtreme

Originally Posted by Lift247 View Post
    Hey Ghill

My preference for protein is the muscletech nitrotech hardcore strawberry. It's expensive though, but it's something that I found that works for me. The strawberry is the better tasting of the options.
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enduran has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm getting a spreadsheet I use when tracking progress started up, don't know if anyone is interested but I thought I'd post it. Use if you like, if not don't worry about it! I use it to track calories, weight, cardio, weight training and then some athletic goals I'm working on. I like it because you can see a whole month at once. Bodybuilding won't let me post it in excell format, if you want to use it on your pc it automatically calculates hours, averages, etc. Otherwise you can use it the old fashioned way. PM me if interested with your email and I'll get it to you. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength," Php. 4:13

Originally Posted by enduran View Post
    I'm getting a spreadsheet I use when tracking progress started up, don't know if anyone is interested but I thought I'd post it. Use if you like, if not don't worry about it! I use it to track calories, weight, cardio, weight training and then some athletic goals I'm working on. I like it because you can see a whole month at once. Bodybuilding won't let me post it in excell format, if you want to use it on your pc it automatically calculates hours, averages, etc. Otherwise you can use it the old fashioned way. PM me if interested with your email and I'll get it to you. Enjoy!
    cool, i'm going to post my training up soon so that anyone who needs help can get some guidance from it. won't be long with
    Team [E]xtreme

So who's hitting the gym 2morrow?
    Team [E]xtreme

I would but sadly Gym over here is closed until the 3rd.

epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) epix1718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys.. just wanted to say hi and I'll be doing my best to check in each day. Best of luck to everyone!
    July 1st '04 - 426lbs
    Lowest Weight - 211lb

1/1/08 - 295lb
    2/1/08 - 274.2lb

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Super_Kaioken View Post
    So who's hitting the gym 2morrow?
    I will be

Originally Posted by eodtexan View Post
    I will be
    awesome awesome. i haven't been doing weights for nearly a month now, it's been eating me up HAHA
    Team [E]xtreme

Thumbs up

yeah I know what you mean. I started this journey a couple of months back around 4 to be exact and I started @ around 320lbs. I got down to about 295 and then work got extremlly busy so I stopped going to the gym. Now I am to around 331. So again a lot of work to do. I have since got the promotion at work and now travel way less. So this competition came at a good time. I am looking at dropping around 80lbs.

wolf8278 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolf8278 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolf8278 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just stopping in real quick to say hi and good luck to everyone. I'll be checking in daily to help keep myself motivated.

Originally Posted by eodtexan View Post
    yeah I know what you mean. I started this journey a couple of months back around 4 to be exact and I started @ around 320lbs. I got down to about 295 and then work got extremlly busy so I stopped going to the gym. Now I am to around 331. So again a lot of work to do. I have since got the promotion at work and now travel way less. So this competition came at a good time. I am looking at dropping around 80lbs.
    yeah thas cool! but the good thing is, now you've started back up again you'll see very quick improvements to start with so it will keep you all the more motivated.

the only trouble im having is sleeping at nights, i went to bed about 3 hours ago (its 3am in morning now) and i woke back up at 2:30am.. i dunno what it is..BUT this time i controlled my self and I haven't ate anything! so i'm going to try go back to bed before my cardio in the morning.

do you get sleeping troubles at all?
    Team [E]xtreme

danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000) danielMSF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah I'm going to the gym tommorow. Gonna be doing arms and some cardio.

4Burgers2Fries1DietSoda dochall22's Avatar
    dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500) dochall22 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Just wanted to say good luck to everyone, I hear the 2nd place trophy is really nice!!!
    Jan 1 - ???

firebloks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firebloks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firebloks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firebloks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Head start

Looks like I got a day's head start on you guys then! I hit the gym pretty hard today - full set of legs - leg sled, curls, extensions, smith machine squats, standing calf raises. Then I worked the abs and obliques on 2 different machines. For desert I worked 30 minutes on the elliptical. My legs and abs were so spent I could hardly walk out to my car!

Food - Breakfast - 46g protein shake & yogurt
    Lunch - 2 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches & 46g protein shake
    Dinner - fresh spinach salad w/ baked chicken breast & steamed fresh green beans. 2 slices potato bread

Someone up there was asking about whey & creatine. If you are on a budget, you can't beat the wal-mart body fortress brand. It has everything the expensive name brands have at 1/4th the price. The chocolate is the best of the whey. The NOS and the creatine are pill form, so no nasty tastes. The amino acid supps are not necessary as you actually get more aminos directly from the whey.

I am addicted to research and trial/error, so I have quite a bit of knowledge on how this works. Feel free to hit me up on my bodyspace or email me directly at allanaustin@comcast.net with any questions or advice.

GO TEAM E

cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    E is for Excellent, Glad to be apart

U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I give up, it's time for a new start in everything....

Ahhhh man, how times go by in a blink of an eye..... Today I throw in my towel, I shall not be content no more. Only perfection will ease my heart when it comes to 2008. I know it's not possible but with the aim that high, even if I do fail....just having a taste of it was well worth it. So today, I start my third or fourth transformation.

Forget about the past, don't worry about tommorrow as it may never come. Just worry about today and take it one step at a time.

Dont mind my mindless talking, I'm just venting .....BUT anyways back down to the exercises.

Only 20 minute cardio today tomorrow I'll up it too 35 minutes.

Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whats up Team E!!!

Team Excellent
    Team Energetic
    Team Execute all the others!!!!!!!!

No Gym today either (btw i'm a day ahead of you guys too - in Australia) but have done push-ups, sit-ups and walking lunges.

As mentioned before, Xmas eating season is over and in the space of 10 days i whacked on 2 kilos, mostly from beer. So, one thing I will be limiting is my beer consumption. I drink low-carb beer, but thats no excuse!

Will be posting pics and begining stats in the next few hours on the main page, so look out for it (got mad sunburnt the other day I still look a little lobster-ish hehehe)

I'm aiming for total body transformation, wanting muscular definition and am aiming for a total loss in weight of 10kgs - at least! Not sure on goal BF%, but it should be around the 10-15% mark. Right now, 1 fifth of my weight is BF.

So lets go guys, think about the team when your on that treadmill and go that little bit extra for all of us, I know I will be!

Last edited by Antz1980; 01-02-2008 at 12:10 AM.

MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Team E huh. Team EXTREME!! Rock on guys! good luck
    Originally Posted by Antz1980 View Post
    Team Execute all the others!!!!!!!!
    Wait WHAT?! AH! *runs out of fourm*
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118412991 (new)

Walafied Geeky Weightlifter/Gamer

Current Goals:
    -Recover
    -Get my Strength back!
    -Lose some lbs~!