belaglazov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) belaglazov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) belaglazov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Ronnie Coleman not high carb

I was looking at ron's diet pre contest and off season and he dosen't eat a lot of carbs. From the cost of redemption his carb intake was around 350 grams a day. I remm Just a small ember in his first video he said he didn't know that protein build muscle until he started bodybuilding and then increased his protein to 500 grams a day.thought.

450g carbs a day baby tongueincheeeck's Avatar
    tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man seriously use some punctuation, its hard to even tell what your talking about!

I beleive you are wrong about the 350g carbs though... I remember someone saying a number for ronnies carbs during offseason and it was way over that! From memory, ronnies videos dont show EVERY meal, just most, and in C.O.R, doesnt he eat about 100g from gritz in the morning? THen he has atleast 80 or so each meal he goes to that steak house... And then his other meals...?

chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000) chadcruz is just really nice. (+1000)
    You cant expect a video to show every single piece of food he eats. The videos are merely a guide as to what they eat. Assume he eats a certain number of carbs pr-contest from just viewing a training video is ridiculous.

BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigB of GA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by belaglazov
    he dosen't eat a lot of carbs.
    YES HE DOES

Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sampino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's ridiculous the amount of food those guys eat...

BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigE42Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Carbs

I am pretty sure that in C.O.R. he has two packs of instant grits which only have 20 grams of carbs a pack. He would need to eat 5 packs of cheese grits to get 100g in a meal and at that point he would spend 90% of his time at the gym in the crapper
    -BigE
    Don't play the game unless you intend to WIN!!!

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can't expect a 300 pound man of any calibur to not eat alot unless he/she was on a diet to lose..which i cant imagine why Ronnie would do that besides 300 pounds of muscle require a heavy amount of fuel.
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game

Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by chadcruz
    You cant expect a video to show every single piece of food he eats. The videos are merely a guide as to what they eat. Assume he eats a certain number of carbs pr-contest from just viewing a training video is ridiculous.
    well it does show every meal he eat according to Ronnie himself.. and I dunno about you but I believe that to be a very reliable source about what Ronnie eats
    5'7
    200lbs

Bench 315
    Deads 530
    Squats 420

mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000)
    he downs;t eat a lot of carbs? what about the french fries..bodybuilder food.
    HONEY!

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Caspa
    well it does show every meal he eat according to Ronnie himself.. and I dunno about you but I believe that to be a very reliable source about what Ronnie eats

It shows him having 4 meals in COR....that isnt all of his meals, in the mornings his breakfast consists of 3 packs of flavoured grits with 2-3 slice of cheese ( manufactured cheese that they put on beefburgers ) and 15 egg whites.....mixes it all up and cooks it.

Ronnie will eat ALOT of everything, 350g of carbs would be no where near enough to keep him going withthe way he trains and also, having the ammount of muscle ronnie has, he would burn up 350g of carbs through out the day even if he just sat down doing nothin (muscle is a metabolic property and burns calories/fuel all the time )

Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ramz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard that ronnie actually lived off of sheet metal and bolts.

450g carbs a day baby tongueincheeeck's Avatar
    tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeh I mean COR cant show ALL his meals... I mean from memory it NEVER shows a protien shake postworkout? I mean there could be 100+ carbs in that shake just there...

From memory he has about 1 shake the entire video, and r u telling me the top bodybuilder in the world has 1 shake a week ???

RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) RailZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dont forget about 2 baskets of corn bread everytime he go's out to eat...
    2002 Florida NPC Gold Cup Classic Bodybuilding Championships - #3 place TEEN CLASS
    2003 NPC Central Florida District Bodybuilding Champion - #1 place TEEN CLASS
    2003 NPC Mid-Florida Muscle Classic Bodybuilding Champion - #1 place TEEN CLASS
    2006 NPC Sunshine Classic Bodybuilding Champion - #1 place TEEN CLASS

Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000) Mass Pro is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Dude, how many times do I have to answer this.

He stated at the expo that the video did NOT show every single meal he eats in 1 day. Is that clear now? He stated that there were 2-3 shakes and 1lb lean beef meals that did not get filmed.

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    These "I heard that Ronnie (fill in the blank with some oddball thing he does" threads kill me.

On a side note I heard that Ronnie hunts deer in the wild with his hands and eats them raw right out in the woods. I also heard he gets most of his carbs from cotton candy.

NATURAL 4 LIFE! Hardcore Natural's Avatar
    Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

I heard he teaches yoga and participates in ballet when he's not eating, training and sleeping (low-carb days only). He also takes 2 of the new pez candies (in stores now) directly before and after he works out. Claims there's something in them that gives him extra strength for his lifts. But he advises no more than 2 pez, anymore than that will overdose you.
    Last edited by Todd69; 11-21-2005 at 11:26 AM.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by belaglazov View Post
    I was looking at ron's diet pre contest and off season and he dosen't eat a lot of carbs. From the cost of redemption his carb intake was around 350 grams a day. I remm Just a small ember in his first video he said he didn't know that protein build muscle until he started bodybuilding and then increased his protein to 500 grams a day.thought.

Reviving this old thread:

Ronnie’s diet was just 25% carb and about 60% protein.

His trainer had him go 6 days low carb, 1 refeed high carb day during pre contest.

What many folks ignore however is that prior to becoming a policeman, Ronnie worked in a pizza shop and fed himself pizza every day back then. He was also a powerlifter prior to becoming a bodybuilder.

He did say that when he retired from bb he would go full carnivore. No idea if that’s what he’s doing now.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100) FitHub937 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have the hardest time getting carbs in, I just never feel quite right when I up the grams of carbs. I'm 5' 10" 170 lbs 12% BF. 5 Day split with 10-20 minutes of cardio 3-4 of those days. I target 2900 kcal, 40p 30f 30c % macros. My body doesn't love carbs, I do notice muscles looking / feeling fuller but the excess weight goes to my lower stomach