ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000)

The best oils and how to best use them

I consume and regularly cook with both olive and coconut oil, but the grocery store shelf is stocked with an assortment of oils that all seem suitable to keto. So which ones are recommended as pantry staples while on keto?

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to creatively integrate them into your diet? I'll cook with olive oil, and throw a tbsp of coconut oil into a meal/shake here and there, but that's about the extent of how I apply them, and I'd like to make them more present in my meals and snacks throughout the day. Thanks...

sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ramid3 View Post
    I consume and regularly cook with both olive and coconut oil, but the grocery store shelf is stocked with an assortment of oils that all seem suitable to keto. So which ones are recommended as pantry staples while on keto?

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to creatively integrate them into your diet? I'll cook with olive oil, and throw a tbsp of coconut oil into a meal/shake here and there, but that's about the extent of how I apply them, and I'd like to make them more present in my meals and snacks throughout the day. Thanks...
    I buy my oils organic. Olive and coconut oil are good choices for keto. I sometimes add coconut oil to my vegetables or protein shake, and from what I've heard it goes great with soups. The search function can provide you with more answers.

alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would definatly get some mct oil. I do not know if they sell that at your grocery store, i get mine at amazon.com

I have tries avocado oil and it is ok. You can really try any oil, just fit it into your macros and you will be fine. Personally, whenever a meal needs more fat i just add some oil on the meal to fix the macros were i want them. I also use mct oil in my whey shake when on the go and this is all i have to eat. Hope i helped,

Alex

ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000) ramid3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a little unclear as to when/why you would opt for MCT oil over coconut oil. Is MCT oil just a flavorless oil with more MCT's (but maybe without some of the additional health benefits associated with CO)? Is it the difference between, say, taking omega 3 pills and taking fish oil pills?

If so, then I'd probably prefer MCT over coconut, as the taste of CO generally isn't palatable to me.

sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm a little unclear as to when/why you would opt for MCT oil over coconut oil. Is MCT oil just a flavorless oil with more MCT's (but maybe without some of the additional health benefits associated with CO)? Is it the difference between, say, taking omega 3 pills and taking fish oil pills?

If so, then I'd probably prefer MCT over coconut, as the taste of CO generally isn't palatable to me.
    MCT stands for medium chain triglyceride, which is what the dietary fat in Coconut Oil is composed of in the first place.

Originally Posted by sambshep View Post
    MCT stands for medium chain triglyceride, which is what the dietary fat in Coconut Oil is composed of in the first place.
    Right, and I've seen MCT's recommended on numerous occasions in form of coconut oil or MCT oil; is it just a matter of getting more MCT's with MCT oil (as seemingly obvious as it sounds)? If so, wouldn't that make it an equally obvious preference over coconut oil?

Because I want to be using coconut oil for the MCT's, but if I can just get MCT *oil*, then...yeah. Why not. ...right?

alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Right, and I've seen MCT's recommended on numerous occasions in form of coconut oil or MCT oil; is it just a matter of getting more MCT's with MCT oil (as seemingly obvious as it sounds)? If so, wouldn't that make it an equally obvious preference over coconut oil?

Because I want to be using coconut oil for the MCT's, but if I can just get MCT *oil*, then...yeah. Why not. ...right?
    I am not a expert on this subject but i would opt to say you are correct. I cook with coconut oil and throw mct oil in my whey shakes, or top of foods at times when i need to up the fat.

A google search on mct oil will go a long way. I notice mct oil, sometimes, gives me mild stomach discomfort, neasea, and even acts as a laxative. These are all side effects of mct oil when i did some reasearch. To much mct oil, for me, is not good either for exacerbation of the symtoms just mentioned.

I also notice increased alerness, brain function, and energy after ingesting mct oil. I get mine on amazon.com. I say you definatly give it a try

Based on Alex's experience and from first glance at MCT Oil, Coconut Oil appears to be more natural and efficient for human consumption, whereas MCT Oil is more processed (than Coconut Oil).

Alright, that all seems to make sense. Guess I'll just use olive and coconut as my main cooking oils and use MCT sparingly, and in small quantities.

Thanks to you both.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The benefits of MCT over coconut oil are mostly on the cognitive end. Coconut oil will have capric and caprylic acid (both MCTs) and oleic and lauric acid. Lauric acid has some health benefits, but MCTS are more quickly convereted to ketones and capryllic acid specifically has been singled out (at least by Dave Asprey) as the best of the MCT's. MCTs remove oleic and lauric acid.

I eat coconut oil as a supplement straight off the spoon, especially when I need fat. I also rub it on my skin and hair.

I use MCT oil in my bulletproof coffee (along with grassfed butter) and enjoy it's cognitive benefits. You can also use MCT oil with anything you want to add oily consistency too, as it is tasteless.

Olive oil is awesome.

With all oils, I think its important to consider quality.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA