Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hyaluronic acid....?

The greatest thing since sex, drugs and rock and roll....or, snake oil? I hear it hyped now as the better suppliment compared to condroitin/glucosamine/MSN.

I had the stuff shot into my left knee 3 years ago when the doc said sorry no more miniscus to repair. I was told that I had to have a "refill" every 6 mo. to a year. I'm squatting away after one treatment. A freakin miracle. However, orally taken pill form....anyone out there tried it, liked it or want their money back??

Baldie

Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I've heard good things about it.

This is my first post, btw. I've been lurking for a couple of months trying to get some nutrition/supplement knowledge.

A number of people in the "Best Overall Joint Support" section of in "Supplement Wars!" have said good things about it. You might want to browse through that and PM/email the guys that have tried it to see what they think about it, in pill form, brand, etc.

I just ordered 2 bottles of Cissus RX a few days ago, got tendinitis in my elbow. I've heard good things about Cissus, only $20.00 from their website, at synergy muscle dot com.

Good Luck

Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000) Nalu is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am sure interested in what you have to say. I recently reinjured the meniscus I had surgery on about a year ago. I am waiting to see the orthopedic surgeon right now. The MRI came back positive, it's definately torn. I was so bummed, I was making great progress on my leg workouts. It took a real effort to not get depressed. I have been staying away from quad work for about a month now. I had finally broke the 300 lb barrier on squats (Smith and Hack) and was up to eight plates each side on the leg press and no, I didn't hurt myself while lifting. I do however, feel like I'm made like a cheap watch.
    Oh well, there are no problems, only solutions.
    Last edited by Nalu; 11-20-2005 at 11:18 AM.

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Synvisc is a miracle as far as I'm concerned....

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/trea...gr/synvisc.htm

Answering my own question....

Two weeks now taking double dosage of Jarrow Hyaluronic Acid Complex. I take quite a few of their products. Now starting regular dosage. Already noticed that my skin is better hydrated....face, forearms and calf. The latter two looked like ultra thin parchment paper. Touch it and it would krinkle. 75% GONE my friends. My feet, hips and elbows feel better. Now I realize that the humidity level and cyclicable changes could account for some of this...so school is still out for the final Baldie stamp of approval. However, I like what I see and feel so far.

Your humble reporter and lab rat......

Baldie

vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Baldsnake; I have no experience with the substance you are referring to, but I am familiar with taking pills versus intramuscular injection.

It has been my observation and understanding that in many cases as much as 50 percent of the product can be lost during processing through the liver. And, that as such the liver can be well taxed in the process producing various toxins as a side effect of the process.

It has always been my understanding that intramuscular injections are preferred followed by sublingual application.

You may wish to search to see if "pellets" have been designed and manufactured for this product, as science has recently discovered that insertion of these medicated pellets can provide long term dosing with minimal product loss...

Vince

That big ol' filter in the way again??

Found this....but I believe it is more RA related and natural elevation of HA.
    I have some Osteo Arthritis...wear and tear type with low levels of Synovial fluid.... i.e., the miracle of that singular series in my left knee.

I agree that anytime you can pass by those stomach and pancreatic acids...gut absobsion is optimised.

midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Baldsnake,
    This sounds great as I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery back in May. If I am not mistaken HA is good for all joints. I am more interested in the injectable as I heard it works much better. Is a prescription needed for HA and where does one inject it in relation to the injured joint. Am I right in thinking that it is an IM injection?

Dear Vertically Challenged....the knee has a "pocket" of sorts to shoot the Synvisc into. The rotator cuff is all over the place depending which attachment was torn. I do not think that there is a singular pocket of natural Synovial fluid to replace. Oral sems the best bet.

White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"HA is made by human fibroblast cells. Commercial sources may be from Cocks combs, Chicken cartilage or Microbial fermentation."

Is there a difference if it is made from chicken cartilage or a vegetarian source made via Microbial fermentation

I noticed the NOW Hyaluronic acid is of a vegetarian source.

I have also started taking HA
    “Knowledge and experience are the only real paths to success. But passion will clear the path of any debris and roadblocks along the way.”

-----------------------
    My site - www.whiteknight.ca

My knee shots were from Rooster combs. Only side effect was that left leg began to twitch at sunrise.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Say Mr. Snake,

You could sell that stuff. Might have to try the Jarrow Hyaluronic Acid Complex for the knees.

Do you think there is any risk of muscle atrophy as a side effect? I know that cortisone, if injected directly into a muscle MAY cause atrophy if a second injection is made over a period of a few months.

So, was your strength affected in any way negatively, after you took the Hyaluronic Acid Complex?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Baldsnake
    My knee shots were from Rooster combs. Only side effect was that left leg began to twitch at sunrise.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

I'm still in the test stage with HA. Strength must be same or better. We added another 45 lb. wheel to the sled last week. Zero joint pain. Boo Coo muscle soreness.

Hold on folks....report comming in from the battle field...

Going into my 3rd week on this stuff and my parchment paper skin around my calfs and forearms is GONE. I have zero joint pain and even forget to take my glucosamine/condroitin (which I will do right now). The hydrated skin is not a placebo effect. Now if I can get those ugly little old man spider veins to vanish. Ester C and Biflavanoids.....not yet working. Ideas??

midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey hairless serpent,
    Just a few questions for you. What is your dosage per day of HA? (the actual HA mgs which are part of each capsule). What are you paying for it in either CAD or USD.

I just bought HA-300 by Organika which contains 45mg of HA per capsule. I will take 2 per day. Is this enough and does this product sound legit?

Some low down for the low down one....
    Two per day...see link as I think its 100mgs. I doubled up (4) first two or so weeks. US dollars is $29 for 120...or two months supply. I now take the glucosamine/condroitin only when I think of it....no longer a sore knee reaction.

Sexy Serpent (Hey....I like that)

Supplement/Cardio Junkie bulletman's Avatar
    bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was lucky enough to find that my Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM supplement that also has Hyalauronic Acid as an ingredient. Please, no more pills!
    -----
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity - lick it once and you suck forever." - author unknown

Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Now if I can get those ugly little old man spider veins to vanish. Ester C and Biflavanoids.....not yet working. Ideas??
    My father was diagnosed with high cholesterol and they have him on Lipitor. Consequently, I'd like to get him off this if possible at some point and thus I have him taking 6 grams of fish oil daily along with it (2 caps, 3 times daily with food). He remarked to me the other day that some small varicose veins he had around his feet are starting to vanish. This was only after I had him taking the fish oil, so I am, for now, attributing their banishment to the oil.
    Save our supplements:

http://www.saveoursupplements.org/

Fish oil makes me burb up Charlie the Tuna all day. Any brand out there that goes thru the gut quicker?

Some low down for the low down one....
    Two per day...see link as I think its 100mgs. I doubled up (4) first two or so weeks. US dollars is $29 for 120...or two months supply. I now take the glucosamine/condroitin only when I think of it....no longer a sore knee reaction.

Sexy Serpent (Hey....I like that)

That is hilarious. You are much wittier (is that even a word) than I. I cannot top that so I will quit as of now.

I use the Omega-3 fish oil liquid by Swiss which has a nice lemon flavour and experience no burps whatsoever. I take it right before my breakfast so I wonder if this has an effect in halting the burps.

Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorpius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fish oil makes me burb up Charlie the Tuna all day. Any brand out there that goes thru the gut quicker?
    Look for something that is enteric coated like this: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olabs/omegaent.html

Perchance if you belong to a Costco, they have a house brand (Kirkland) for a good price. Enteric coated capsules raises the price slightly. I've found that I burp much less as long as I am taking the regular capsules along with a decent meal. I also take CLA with it as well and find that the CLA burps taste better and help to mask the fish burps.
    Save our supplements:

http://www.saveoursupplements.org/

Bingo!! Thanx...it even mentions.... *aruuupt*....bburps.

Day 2...no bu bu burps. And the HA is kicking ass. Zero joint pain.

Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HA's working for me. I've tried glucos/msn.. the HA i'm using has chrondroitin in it also.. knee's are much better. I'm about to order cissus also for some tendonitis in the elbow that just won't go away.
    good luck,

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Snake: want to send you a PM about this thread. Clear some of your messages out, you're filled to the brim.

Sorry....Snake is slow on the uptake....how does one clear ones messages??
    Remember that I am an analog man in a digital world. Just got one of those thing a ma bob touch tone phones.

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    On the top R of the screen is "Welcome baldsnake"; click 'private msgs' below that; takes you to your msgs, inbox; click go, & msgs are listed; if you want to delete all of them, click at the top of the list; if you want to delete just some msgs, click the boxes by them; go to bottom of screen listing & click delete box. That should do it if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by joed; 01-15-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Hyaluronic Update

My Dermatologist who treats my Melanoma now gives Hyaluronic Acid injections for wrinkles instead of Botox. Says it lasts longer and agrees that it holds fhuids in the skin and joints.