Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MsDominatus
    Hence the side laterals. But then, how is a military press any different from a DB shoulder press??? It is just the fact that your negative drops behind your neck allowing the rear delts to kick in? MsDom confuuused.
    I wouldn't advise doing anything that goes "Behind the Neck" in a pressing motion negative... If you lack sufficient shoulder girld flexability there are unhealthy stresses put onto certain elements in your shoulder, such as the AC ligament...

For Military Press Lower to a range of the bar at a level somewhere between Nose and Chin level, before pressing back up.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa
    Okay... I'll bite...

So what impact does this have on the negative phase of the lift?
    It means that the anterior delts are taking 90% of the load. Your still using the same muscles going down as you do going up.
    I don't know either lol

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

For Military Press Lower to a range of the bar at a level somewhere between Nose and Chin level, before pressing back up.
    These seems more feasible and is what I wanted to hear.. thanks. And this will work what part of the shoulder? the rear?
    Height - almost 5'10"
    Current weight - 152 - WTF?

Workout Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=677394

[url]http://www.myspace.com/msnubility[/url]

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    These seems more feasible and is what I wanted to hear.. thanks. And this will work what part of the shoulder? the rear?
    You don't listen do you.

What part of the shoulder is facing the same direction as the way the weight is moving.
    I don't know either lol

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    You don't listen do you.

What part of the shoulder is facing the same direction as the way the weight is moving.

You know..I'm not in the mood to be talked down to today, I do listen and I do read and take this seriously. I asked how to work on that area of the delt and these were suggested...or maybe I misunderstood. What then is the difference between this and a DB shoulder press.. it's the same f*cking movement or appears to be for me. I don't see how talking to someone this way is going to pump them up for wanting to ask for help again. Thanks.
    Height - almost 5'10"

You know..I'm not in the mood to be talked down to today, I do listen and I do read and take this seriously. I asked how to work on that area of the delt and these were suggested...or maybe I misunderstood. What then is the difference between this and a DB shoulder press.. it's the same f*cking movement or appears to be for me. I don't see how talking to someone this way is going to pump them up for wanting to ask for help again. Thanks.
    It is the same fucking movement. There is no difference in muscle recruitment. You're still taking a weight and pushing it overhead.
    I don't know either lol

It's like the difference between BB bench and DB bench.
    I don't know either lol

It is the same fucking movement. There is no difference in muscle recruitment. You're still taking a weight and pushing it overhead.

A) I don't do both BB press and DB press. I do DB presses at different angles.

B) If it's the same movement then why should I do both?... do you see why I am confused?

C) I asked already because I was assuming we were talking about my rear delts.. the underdevelped area that i'm having issues with and I posed the question about the behind the neck mil. presses with the curiousity of that somehow bring the bar down behind the neck would hit the rear delt or something.. please note i've never done these and I am looking for help.

I swear you're half woman sometimes W8.
    Height - almost 5'10"

A) I don't do both BB press and DB press. I do DB presses at different angles.

B) If it's the same movement then why should I do both?... do you see why I am confused?

C) I asked already because I was assuming we were talking about my rear delts.. the underdevelped area that i'm having issues with and I posed the question about the behind the neck mil. presses with the curiousity of that somehow bring the bar down behind the neck would hit the rear delt or something.. please note i've never done these and I am looking for help.

I swear you're half woman sometimes W8.
    You're right, they are the same movement, so don't do both.

Rear delts pull back, not press up. So rowing movements with your elbows high will isolate the rear delts(they get worked with regular rows, but are overpowered by the lats)
    I don't know either lol

You're right, they are the same movement, so don't do both.

Rear delts pull back, not press up. So rowing movements with your elbows high will isolate the rear delts(they get worked with regular rows, but are overpowered by the lats)

Thank you. This is ALLLLLL I wanted to know.... I just wanted clarification because it didn't make sense to do TWO exercises that are basically the same thing.

So keep the face pulls, or sub them for the Bent over delt row or whatever...

I must have an overload of estrogen today... i'm extra sensitive.
    Height - almost 5'10"

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    You don't listen do you.

WOAH Hold on Bro!

You're the one who wasn't listening to her, and I think you owe her an apology... One of the primary thrusts of her post(s) has been to hit her rear delt...
    And if nothing else, the rule applies to everysingle one of us... You get respect by giving respect!
    Talking down to woman because you didn't understand her, sure as **** doesn't rack up as respect in my book... And if it does in yours I suggest you call your Ma'ma, explain the situation and see what she has to say!

It's only us guys and our chest thumping contest that obscured that point...

And I for one would like to take this moment to apologize for any micro-hijacking I have been apart of...

Ms. D...

I personally reccomend an exercise given to me in my rehab which I mentioned before... The One Armed Bent DB row... With tight contraction it really helped me power up that rear Delt... Kind of helped the old Rhomboids as well!

Have a great weekend!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Me too
    I don't know either lol

Thank you. This is ALLLLLL I wanted to know.... I just wanted clarification because it didn't make sense to do TWO exercises that are basically the same thing.

So keep the face pulls, or sub them for the Bent over delt row or whatever...

http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Sh...l#anchor109263

look at the exercise third from the bottom. If you have a machine at the gym like this(high row), that will work best for rear delts.
    I don't know either lol

WOAH Hold on Bro!

You're the one who wasn't listening to her, and I think you owe her an apology... One of the primary thrusts of her post(s) has been to hit her rear delt...
    And if nothing else, the rule applies to everysingle one of us... You get respect by giving respect!
    Talking down to woman because you didn't understand her, sure as **** doesn't rack up as respect in my book... And if it does in yours I suggest you call your Ma'ma, explain the situation and see what she has to say!

It's only us guys and our chest thumping contest that obscured that point...

And I for one would like to take this moment to apologize for any micro-hijacking I have been apart of...

Ms. D...

I personally reccomend an exercise given to me in my rehab which I mentioned before... The One Armed Bent DB row... With tight contraction it really helped me power up that rear Delt... Kind of helped the old Rhomboids as well!

Have a great weekend!
    Shut the fuck up.

I'm not going to treat her any different because she's a women. You wouldn't have posted that crap if I said it to a guy.
    I don't know either lol

http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Sh...l#anchor109263

look at the exercise third from the bottom. If you have a machine at the gym like this(high row), that will work best for rear delts.

Yeah this is basically the same as a face pull only, seated would allow me less opportunity to cheat. perhaps. I think we have something similar at my gym, i'll take a look.

Thanks, and stop the insanity now please

To quote the infamous $AJ:
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    NO POSTING BELOW THIS LINE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Height - almost 5'10"

Shut the fuck up.

I'm not going to treat her any different because she's a women. You wouldn't have posted that crap if I said it to a guy.
    Seeker of the truth and misser of the point...
    6'4"

Seeker of the truth and misser of the point...
    bull****

The whole time I was trying to explain "why" presses don't hit the rear delts. If I can get her to understand the concept behind something(as opposed to just telling her), then I've done a much better job. Telling her what exercise to do doesn't do anything to help her understand "why" it works better. Concepts, like line of pull will enable her to think for herself, instead of relying on meatheads like us to answer her questions. It's called education and empowerment.
    I don't know either lol

Registered User Alejandro.Romero's Avatar
    Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alejandro.Romero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy no anterior delts

Originally Posted by Saviour View Post
    contrary to popular belief, shoulder needs A LOT of work. they recover very quickly and you need to hit them very hard from all angles, especially those with "not-so-good" shoulder genetics.

some people can do 3 sets of overhead presses once a week and have good shoulders, hell one of my mate never work his shoulder directly and he's got decent shoulders. but NOT you!!

don't be scared to work them hard with high intensity, and high volume, your shoulder loves volume.
    I was born a premi, and have no anterior delts, its like i have 4 elbows.

WTF can I do to build this pain in the ass area? Yes, I've tried every exercise in the book

DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    I was born a premi, and have no anterior delts, its like i have 4 elbows.

WTF can I do to build this pain in the ass area? Yes, I've tried every exercise in the book
    Nice bump

I had a similar problem and found building loads of strength with a simple overhead press and bench press made more shoulder progress than anything else.

And logically it makes sense.

JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why the fuck did you bump a thread from 2005 about rear delts to ask a question about anterior delts?

NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10) NerdAlert is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JVAisGod View Post
    Why the fuck did you bump a thread from 2005 about rear delts to ask a question about anterior delts?
    I was wondering the same thing!

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP how are your shoulders now?