imanoobbro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Chest not sore after workout?

Hello everyone!

I just started working out seriously a week ago and I am a beginner, I did chest this morning and did flat bench dumbbell press 5 sets of 8 reps 35 pounds(warmup was 2 sets of 8 and 25 pounds) than I did arms after than hopped on the seated machine chest press to finish my workout(30 pounds each side), For some reason I dont feel sore? My arms definitely feel sore af but I dont really feel anything in my chest. during the dumbbell press my elbows were at a slight angle not too flared out everything correct but if I am not feeling sore in my chest am I still hitting the chest?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are doing the movement your chest is working.

Doms doesnt mean you did well
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're familiar with the progressive overload strategy and your program has an automatic weight progression, then with consistency you'll find your limit.

ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very often I experienced similar feelings, is it possible that these are problems with posture? or the wrong posture?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your issue as a beginner is probably technique and feeling what your doing.
    If your arms are sore then you have an issue if working chest is your goal.
    With most chest exercises you need to keep the upper body arched and not collapse to being flat.
    When your flat your shoulders will get more of a hit.
    When you do DB bench press the arms need to travel in an arc, semi circle,focusing on upper arms coming together.
    Having the lower arm fall inward takes stress off the chest.
    They need to be locked in and the DB's tilted slightly outward as you come up and elbow close 90 degrees way from your body.
    As you come up squeeze the chest and stop the rep where you don't feel the tension.
    Go down and repeat.
    Keeping tension on the target area the whole set.
    You have a lot to learn.

Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by imanoobbro View Post
    Hello everyone!

I just started working out seriously a week ago and I am a beginner, I did chest this morning and did flat bench dumbbell press 5 sets of 8 reps 35 pounds(warmup was 2 sets of 8 and 25 pounds) than I did arms after than hopped on the seated machine chest press to finish my workout(30 pounds each side), For some reason I dont feel sore? My arms definitely feel sore af but I dont really feel anything in my chest. during the dumbbell press my elbows were at a slight angle not too flared out everything correct but if I am not feeling sore in my chest am I still hitting the chest?
    One week is too short to really know whats the problem. As the guys said before me soreness is not necessarily a sign of good workout.

If you do not build chest muscles in the next months, it can be a postural problem. Before each rep inflate your chest to the maximum until your arms come back up. Try this and if you still feel nothing it may be a morpholgy issue and you'll need to select your exercise carefully (ex: declined bench press, gundill shrugs etc)