ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50)

E's ThermalRage Log, Sponsored by Primaforce

Well, here it is, my first log on the board. I keep fairly busy with work, but I’ll update here at least 2x a week. I’d like to thanks Marc L and the Scivation crew for sponsoring this log. So without further delay:

Product Information and testing period
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Thermal Rage, tested between 11/16/2005 and 12/15/2005. Additional product information and ingredients breakdown may be found at the following link:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/rage.html

Goals and Testing Methodology:
    Short Term: Preserve the maximum amount of lean body mass while reducing bodyfat percentage. Aiming for 1lb of bodyfat loss per week or greater during 4 weeks of testing, for a total of 4lbs of fat lost.

Long Term: Keep existing weight while dropping bodyfat percentage to between 10 and 12%.

Testing Methdology: To the extent possible I will try to keep diet and exercise consistent, hopefully minimizing any differences as to isolate the Thermal Rage effect. Since I’ve been using Scivation Sesamin prior to the log, I’ll continue to stack Thermal Rage and Sesamin unless asked otherwise by Marc. It’s worth noting I also drink quite a bit of Green tea and Yerba Mate, and have done so for years.

Tester General Statistics:
    Height: 6’2
    Weight: 210, down from a high of 258lbs (yikes!) 1.5 years ago
    Bodytype: Endo/Meso

Measurements (NOTE: blank now, will update after tonight’s measurements):
    Chest :
    Shoulders:
    Abs:
    Biceps:
    Quads:
    Bodyfat Percentage:
    Lean Mass:
    Fat Mass:

Diet
    Aiming for 2,000 calories each day, allowing for a 10% swing on any given day. Maintenance cals according to several online calculators averages about 2,500. Maconutrient breakdowns planned are as follows: 40g fat 100g carb 300g protein.

You can follow my daily diet online at the following link if you’d like during the trial period, beginning 11/16/2005:
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=ericgonzalez

Training Schedule and History
    I train according to split principles on a 4 day cycle as follows:

Day 1 Chest/Triceps
    Day 2 Shoulders/Abs/Cardio
    Day 3 Off
    Day 4 Biceps/Back/Cardio
    Day 5 Legs/Gluters/Calves
    Day 6 Cardio
    Day 7 Off

Each cardio session consists of 30 minutes on either a treadmill employing HIIT principles, or an elliptical machine. Once a month or so I hit a one hour spin course just to mix it up. I use the pyramiding principle during lifting, usually hitting the barbells and dumbbells early in the workout, while hitting high rep to failure on machines towards the end of the workout. I've been exercising regularly for a year and a half, and switched from fullbody workouts to the current split I use roughly 6 months ago. I've tweaked the routine from time to time to keep from plateauing to the extent possible

Current Supplement Regimen
    All supplements listtd below have been in use for at least 3 months prior to the testing period, so we’re not introducing anything new into the mix other than the Thermal Rage.

Protein: Ergopharm GF-Pro, SAN Volumass 5.0, Scivation Xtend (BCAA), Xtreme Ultra Peptide, Giant Immunolin
    Staples: Kirkland Fish oil, ISS V/M Complete Multivitamin
    Creatine: Controlled Labs Green Bulge
    Test Booster: None at the moment. I Came off Fenotest a month ago.
    Non-stim Fat loss/partitioning: Scivation Sesamin
    Stim fat loss: Thermal Rage

Previous Fatloss Products Used
    I’ve used a couple of both stimulant and non stmulant based products including Ergopharm AMP, MAN Scorch, Scivation Sesamin, and Primaforce Lean Green. All have produced great results, but by far my favorite of the bunch is AMP. I loved the intensity as well as the results – I dropped about 4lb of fat in one month without appreciable muscle loss on an AMP/Lean Green Stack, using AMP three times a week and Lean Green daily as directed on the labels.

Prescription Drugs or Recreational Drugs
    None.

Other Notes
    I'll try to maintain the current protocol to isolate the Thermal Rage effect, but welcome recommendations on diet and exercise for post-testing.

ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericgonzalez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Update for my first day of taking Thermal Rage. Today is off-day 7 (ie yesterday was legs day). Took 2 pills at 8AM, and another 2 at 8PM. I'll update tomorrow, which will involve Chest and Tri's.

Quantitative observations:
    Weight today is 208.1, within normal fluctuation limits.

Qualitative observations:
    Nothing yet to report.
    ^^ This is the best post you'll read all day

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."
    -Ben Franklin

Do Not Buy from Discount Anabolics! They ripped me off and will not think twice about doing the same to you.

bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude taking it at 8pm might result in u not being able to sleep.
    stfu but PIITB first.

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the concern - I usually hit the sack around 12:30, but maybe it's better to take earlier. I'll try 5PM instead just in case.

-Ben Franklin

Do Not Buy from Discount Anabolics! They ripped me off and will not think twice about doing the same to you.

Posting measurements here, since I can't update the above thread:

Measurements
    Chest : 42'
    Shoulders: 47'
    Abs: 36' (doh!)
    Biceps: 17'
    Quads: 22.5'
    Bodyfat Percentage: 19% (doh!)
    Lean Mass: 169.29 lb
    Fat Mass: 39.71 lb

-Ben Franklin

Day 1, Chest/Triceps

Chest Routine:
    Flat bench - 3 x 140lb, 2 x 130lb
    Dumbbell Flye - 5 x 80lb
    Incline Dumbbell Press - 4 x 80lb
    Decline Dumbbell Press - 4 x 70lb

Triceps Routine:
    Rope Pulldown - 5 x 85lb
    Dumbbell Extension - 4 x 40lb
    Lat bar Dips - 3

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 9AM, 2 caps 6PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post. Just over 2000 cals today.

Quantitative Feedback: Nothing to report yet, since we're early into the log, but I did notice a bit of lethargy kicking in mid workout. I've had the same feeling throughout the entire week - a possible cause might be a fairly heavy work schedule these last few days. The 9AM dosage gave me quite a kick start in the morning - I felt like going for a job, which is something I am usually not inclined to do in the morning.
    Last edited by ericgonzalez; 11-17-2005 at 11:56 PM.

-Ben Franklin

Day 2, Back and Biceps
    November 18

Biceps Routine:
    Preacher Barbell Curls 2 x 70 lb, 3 x 80 lb
    Dumbell Curls 2 x 30 lb (per arm), 3 x 35 lb (per arm)
    Barbell Curls 4 x 80 lb
    Cheat Curls 2 x to failure

Back Routine:
    Bent over rows (Smith Machine) 4 x 100 lb
    Dumbell Rows (each side) 4 x 55 lb
    Cable Rows (Pull-down) 5 x 130 lb
    Pulldown 2 x to failure

Cardio:
    30 minutes, elipitcal machine

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 9AM, 2 caps 3PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 2180 cals.

Weight: 209.1

Quantitative Feedback: Still a little low an energy midworkout, but nice explosive bust at the beginning of the workout, but I could barely pick myself up at the end of cardio. Today's calorie count was a little higher than the 2,000 mark i'm shooting for, but that's par for the course. I'm trying to build out my chest a bit more and usually up the cals a tiny bit during chest day. I was actually looking forward to hitting the cardio, which almost never happens! Coincience? Thermal Rage effect? Placebo? You be the judge.

Day 3, Just Cardio
    November 19

Cardio:
    25 minutes, treadmill machine

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 9:30AM, 2 caps 4PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 1930 cals.

Weight: 207.7 (wtf?)

Quantitative Feedback: Took Thermal Rage about 30 minutes prior to morning cardio, along with a dual serving protein shake. I was *spent* at the 25 minute mark, and hit a cooldown. Also could feel my heart racing after the second dose.

-Ben Franklin

Sorry guys, long overdue update! I've kept a log on a pad as time has permitted, and I'm posting it here now. All sets listed below are set to 10 reps unless otherwise indicated.

Day 4, Deltoids and Abs
    Sunday November 20

Deltoids Routine:
    Military Overhead Barbell Press 2 x 120 lb, 3 x 130 lb
    Dumbell Side Lat Raises 5 x 30 lb (each arm)
    Dumbell Flat Raises 5 x 30 (each arm)
    EZ-Curl Barbell lift 4 x 80lb
    Trap Raises 4 x 180 lbs (set of 20)

Abdominals Routine:
    Crunches, 4 x 25
    Sit up Machine 3 x (set to failure)

Cardio:
    30 minutes, treadmill

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 8:30AM, 2 caps 4:45PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 1928 cals.

Weight: 208.5

Day 5, Quads, Calves, and Gluteals
    Monday November 21

Quads, Calves, and Gluteals Routine:
    Squats (Smith Machine) 5 x 165 lbs
    Machine Leg Press 4 x 180lbs
    Hamstring Extensions 4 x 100 lbs
    Hack Squats 4 x 150lb
    Standing Calf Raises 4 x 150lbs (sets to failure)

Cardio:
    30 minutes, elliptical

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 9:00AM, 2 caps 4:30PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 1941 cals.

Weight: 208.8
    Last edited by ericgonzalez; 11-27-2005 at 02:32 AM.

-Ben Franklin

Day 6, Just Cardio
    Tuesday, November 22

Cardio:
    30 minutes, elliptical machine

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 8:45AM, 2 caps 4PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 2358 cals.

Weight: 208.1

Day 7, off
    Wednesday, November 23

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 8:00AM, 2 caps 4PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 1491 cals. A bit light on the food compared to the usual, since I was kept rather busy wrapping up the loose ends with work.
    Last edited by ericgonzalez; 11-27-2005 at 02:37 AM.

-Ben Franklin

I've been travelling to meet friends for Thanksgiving during the next days, but was able to get in a cardio session the morning of the 24th. Will pick up the regular schedule beginning Sunday, November 27, as I didn't have regular access to my gym during the three day period. Continued to take Thermal Rage as directed.

Day 8, Out of Pocket
    Thursday, November 24

Cardio: 30 minutes, treadmill

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 10:00AM, 2 caps 3:30PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 1860 cals.

Day 9, Out of Pocket
    Friday, November 25

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 10:00AM, 2 caps 4PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 1734 cals.

Day 10, Out of Pocket
    Saturday, November 26

Thermal Rage dosage: 2 caps 10:00AM, 2 caps 3:30PM

Diet: Available via the fitday link on the first post, 2104 cals.

-Ben Franklin